Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 3 Holy Cross 1

Featured Replies

So you are not left guessing... Comments directed at our bench, but not at players, equals comments being directed toward coaches. I will tell you that some of the HC players also went out of their way to have some discussions with the Cooper coaches, I am thinking that "banter" would not be the right word to describe the conversations that were taking place. I could not clearly hear the discussions from where I was, so I am basing my comments off of the body language and second hand accounts of players that were within earshot.

 

I was giving you a hard time, but sounds like it got out of hand so no offense meant by my comments.

  • Author
I was giving you a hard time, but sounds like it got out of hand so no offense meant by my comments.

 

No problem, I did not take your comments that way at all, I was just trying to give you a little clearer picture of what all occurred last night.

 

In a nutshell... I think that emotions impacted many of the decisions that were made, or not made, last night.

Ahhh how soccer has changed over the last 35 years

Taunting right......should be instant yellow?

 

Careful. If you call it taunting in high school its a red.

No problem, I did not take your comments that way at all, I was just trying to give you a little clearer picture of what all occurred last night.

 

In a nutshell... I think that emotions impacted many of the decisions that were made, or not made, last night.

 

 

Pfhew.......I thought you said "Nutmeg"

Ahhh how soccer has changed over the last 35 years

 

And how is that?

This was definitely far from the best match that Cooper has played this year, probably considered a let down coming off of the district match against Ryle Tuesday night. This part of the match is on Cooper, they should have come to play and this did not happen. As expected, Holy Cross tried to pack it in, they also chose to man-mark both Ross and Snow for most of the match so this made it very difficult to mount any sort of offensive attack.

 

The part that was so ugly was the approach that Holy Cross chose to take tonight, lets just call it some pushing and shoving in hopes of getting a reaction... Unfortunately, some of our boys took the bait. By the second half they were not even making an attempt to play the ball, or soccer, it was more about turning it into a scrum. I will give the ref credit for calling a ton of fouls, what I do not understand is why most went without warnings... or cards. Once he did attempt to give a card for a handball in the box, he was not able to, for some reason he did not remember to bring cards with him... I will just leave this alone but how are you not ready to ref when you are the CR. On a couple of plays, the AR raised his flag for what was clearly a foul only to be told to lower it.

 

I have not seen HC play this year so I do not know if this is the norm for them or if it was just how they played tonight, either way, it was very disappointing to see players act the way they did. Intentionally stepping on players feet, taunting coaches and players, trying to get someone to retaliate, etc... really has no place in sports (IMO). Seeing their coach stand by and do nothing to discourage this makes it seem like he was condoning it. I know my perspective might be a little tainted, but hearing two of their parents at the grill discussing how dirty their boys were playing tonight helped confirm what I was seeing play out on the pitch.

 

First of all let me just say that this is my first, and likely my last, post on this Bluegrass Preps site. I have more important things to do with my adult life than have back and forth conversations with other grown men about high school boys. However, it has been brought to my attention that you are very adamant about taking this group of kids with their coaching staff, and running their names through the mud. I watched the same game you watched. The game was physical. The game was filled with the boys trash talking to one another. But, kids are kids. I know for a fact that HC’s coach pulled kids off the field to get them to keep quiet. I was also told by their statistician that he instructed the boys, at halftime, not to use their mouths, to just play the game. But again boys will be boys. In the heat of the competition there will be banter back in forth. It came from both sides, instigated by different players at different times. I have sons that play for and have played in the past for Coach Groneck and they both know that he does not tolerate his players saying anything to the opposing coaches. Yes, last night a comment was made from ONE player to the Cooper staff, but it was nothing vulgar, it was just more of a response to their statements to the official. That player was pulled immediately and reprimanded per my son. I also find it very hypocritical of you to quickly judge my son’s teammates and coaches when your team has quite possibly the most out of control player in NKY. Completely disregarding his coaches’ and referees’ instructions to settle down, stop throwing his temper tantrum, it spilled over into the parking lot, where he began shouting obscenities at parents getting into their cars. I guess all of that was provoked by a mediocre HC team. Maybe you should take another peak into your crystal ball (a.k.a. the grill people), where you find all your answers to see what the coaches think about the game that was played. The Cooper and HC coaching staff are friends. At one point a Cooper coach and HC coach gave a couple comments to one another as friends, but also competitors, nothing vulgar, nothing degrading, or aggressive. So maybe as a spectator you should leave it at that. Maybe you should leave your comments about what you certainly DO NOT know to yourself. Maybe you take a look into the mirror at yourself, at your kids’ actions, and be a role model yourself. You don’t know my son, you don’t know the HC team, and you certainly don’t know how to project an unbiased view of events if you can get on this site to paint your Cooper players as victims. Both teams played hard. Both teams fouled. No coach for either team teaches dirty play or verbal disrespect. Would it be fair for me to get on here and pass off the blame of every imperfection Coopers’ players exhibited on Coach Flesch? No. Coach Flesch coached my son WITH Coach Groneck and both are good role models for their players. I respect the kids, parents,and coaching staff of HC to allow you to get on here to drag their names and reputations through the mud. I’m embarrassed to post this. I feel as if I am sipping the kool-aid.

Edited by hoops5
Rule 2 and Rule 5

Sports fora like bgp have been around for years. If someone thinks the content is going to be annoying, or disingenuous, or simply not what you want to hear or agree with, then it's best not to browse them. IMO.

  • Author
First of all let me just say that this is my first, and likely my last, post on this Bluegrass Preps site. I have more important things to do with my adult life than have back and forth conversations with other grown men about high school boys. However, it has been brought to my attention that you are very adamant about taking this group of kids with their coaching staff, and running their names through the mud. I watched the same game you watched. The game was physical. The game was filled with the boys trash talking to one another. But, kids are kids. I know for a fact that HC’s coach pulled kids off the field to get them to keep quiet. I was also told by their statistician that he instructed the boys, at halftime, not to use their mouths, to just play the game. But again boys will be boys. In the heat of the competition there will be banter back in forth. It came from both sides, instigated by different players at different times. I have sons that play for and have played in the past for Coach Groneck and they both know that he does not tolerate his players saying anything to the opposing coaches. Yes, last night a comment was made from ONE player to the Cooper staff, but it was nothing vulgar, it was just more of a response to their statements to the official. That player was pulled immediately and reprimanded per my son. I also find it very hypocritical of you to quickly judge my son’s teammates and coaches when your team has quite possibly the most out of control player in NKY. Completely disregarding his coaches’ and referees’ instructions to settle down, stop throwing his temper tantrum, it spilled over into the parking lot, where he began shouting obscenities at parents getting into their cars. I guess all of that was provoked by a mediocre HC team. Maybe you should take another peak into your crystal ball (a.k.a. the grill people), where you find all your answers to see what the coaches think about the game that was played. The Cooper and HC coaching staff are friends. At one point a Cooper coach and HC coach gave a couple comments to one another as friends, but also competitors, nothing vulgar, nothing degrading, or aggressive. So maybe as a spectator you should leave it at that. Maybe you should leave your comments about what you certainly DO NOT know to yourself. Maybe you take a look into the mirror at yourself, at your kids’ actions, and be a role model yourself. You don’t know my son, you don’t know the HC team, and you certainly don’t know how to project an unbiased view of events if you can get on this site to paint your Cooper players as victims. Both teams played hard. Both teams fouled. No coach for either team teaches dirty play or verbal disrespect. Would it be fair for me to get on here and pass off the blame of every imperfection Coopers’ players exhibited on Coach Flesch? No. Coach Flesch coached my son WITH Coach Groneck and both are good role models for their players. I respect the kids, parents,and coaching staff of HC to allow you to get on here to drag their names and reputations through the mud. I’m embarrassed to post this. I feel as if I am sipping the kool-aid.

 

First, and foremost... welcome to BGP!!!

 

Sorry, that your perspective on the match is different than mine and that you take my opinion of what happened as running their names through the mud. You also need to consider that, while different from mine, it does not mean that yours is any better than my account of the match.

 

Just a few points...

 

You find it very hypocritical of me to judge, while you are doing the same of me, and whoever you are calling possibly the most out of control player in NKY.

 

What you are calling my crystal ball, or the grill people, were HC parents discussing how the boys were playing... it had nothing to do with the coaches... they were just noting themselves how dirty some of their actions were. So yes, call me guilty for repeating what they were saying about their own team.

 

If you read what I posted, I do not see how you think I painted Cooper players as victims... I believe that I made mention of them taking the bait... i.e. they played right into it and started doing some of the same things. You might also notice that I accused them of not being ready to play last night, and that was on them... IMO, this is pretty far from thinking they are perfect.

Edited by hoops5

First of all let me just say that this is my first, and likely my last, post on this Bluegrass Preps site. I have more important things to do with my adult life than have back and forth conversations with other grown men about high school boys. However, it has been brought to my attention that you are very adamant about taking this group of kids with their coaching staff, and running their names through the mud. I watched the same game you watched. The game was physical. The game was filled with the boys trash talking to one another. But, kids are kids. I know for a fact that HC’s coach pulled kids off the field to get them to keep quiet. I was also told by their statistician that he instructed the boys, at halftime, not to use their mouths, to just play the game. But again boys will be boys. In the heat of the competition there will be banter back in forth. It came from both sides, instigated by different players at different times. I have sons that play for and have played in the past for Coach Groneck and they both know that he does not tolerate his players saying anything to the opposing coaches. Yes, last night a comment was made from ONE player to the Cooper staff, but it was nothing vulgar, it was just more of a response to their statements to the official. That player was pulled immediately and reprimanded per my son. I also find it very hypocritical of you to quickly judge my son’s teammates and coaches when your team has quite possibly the most out of control player in NKY. Completely disregarding his coaches’ and referees’ instructions to settle down, stop throwing his temper tantrum, it spilled over into the parking lot, where he began shouting obscenities at parents getting into their cars. I guess all of that was provoked by a mediocre HC team. Maybe you should take another peak into your crystal ball (a.k.a. the grill people), where you find all your answers to see what the coaches think about the game that was played. The Cooper and HC coaching staff are friends. At one point a Cooper coach and HC coach gave a couple comments to one another as friends, but also competitors, nothing vulgar, nothing degrading, or aggressive. So maybe as a spectator you should leave it at that. Maybe you should leave your comments about what you certainly DO NOT know to yourself. Maybe you take a look into the mirror at yourself, at your kids’ actions, and be a role model yourself. You don’t know my son, you don’t know the HC team, and you certainly don’t know how to project an unbiased view of events if you can get on this site to paint your Cooper players as victims. Both teams played hard. Both teams fouled. No coach for either team teaches dirty play or verbal disrespect. Would it be fair for me to get on here and pass off the blame of every imperfection Coopers’ players exhibited on Coach Flesch? No. Coach Flesch coached my son WITH Coach Groneck and both . I respect the kids, parents,and coaching staff of HC to allow you to get on here to drag their names and reputations through the mud. I’m embarrassed to post this. I feel as if I am sipping the kool-aid.

Welcome to BGP, EyeJustWatch! If you ever feel that derogatory comments are being made towards a high school player, please use the "report post feature triangle" in the bottom left corner of the post. Likewise if you ever see derogatory posts toward another poster, you can report a post. If you are unsure of the rules and the violations that we monitor, please review the terms of service here:

Terms of Service

 

Other than that, relax and enjoy the discussions. If you just don't care for it, then step away for awhile.

 

I have to admit that I am very proud of how our soccer forum has grown this year. Jump in and join the fun!

Edited by hoops5

I have more important things to do with my adult life than have back and forth conversations with other grown men about high school boys.

 

OTB, I think he's talking to you.

Yellow card, I don't see how it is hypocritical to call Ross the most out of control player in NKY when he ignored numerous warnings by the ref and continued to talk until he got his first card. He was pulled and, I can only assume, was instructed by his coach not to talk anymore. However, when he went back into the game, he did not make an effort to stop talking and was given a second yellow and ejected from the game.

Edited by hoops5
Rule 6

I do, some of what you say is inaccurate, some of what you say is blatantly false... Period.

  • Author
Yellow card, I don't see how it is hypocritical to call Ross the most out of control player in NKY when he ignored numerous warnings by the ref and continued to talk until he got his first card. He was pulled and, I can only assume, was instructed by his coach not to talk anymore. However, when he went back into the game, he did not make an effort to stop talking and was given a second yellow and ejected from the game.

 

Two things here...

 

I was simply saying that EyeJustWatch was accusing me of being hypocritical while actually judging me and a Cooper player in the same breath.... seemed like he was doing exactly what he accused me of doing.

 

I do not recall ever defending the actions of any player.

 

As for your comments...

 

The second yellow was not for talking, not sure how you could think this if you saw what actually happened. For you to say this is what happened makes it easier for me to understand why some of your other statements are also off base.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.