Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

On behalf of all women the American Cancer Society needs to boycott the NFL until...

Featured Replies

the NFL fires Roger Goodell and proves that the NFL really cares about women instead of just using women to generate revenue.

  • Author

In other words the ACS needs to tell the NFL to forget about all the pink stuff this October unless they fire Goodell and demonstrate real concern about women and victims of domestic violence.

Strong stuff there, Guru. The NFL marketing and money generating machine could take a big hit if they don't proceed carefully and thoughtfully.

  • Author
Strong stuff there, Guru. The NFL marketing and money generating machine could take a big hit if they don't proceed carefully and thoughtfully.

 

Then I guess the ACS has a big decision to make, either prostitute themselves for the money or stand up for what is right.

In other words the ACS needs to tell the NFL to forget about all the pink stuff this October unless they fire Goodell and demonstrate real concern about women and victims of domestic violence.

I fully understand what you're saying, but how much money would they risk losing if they did such a thing?

  • Author
I fully understand what you're saying, but how much money would they risk losing if they did such a thing?

 

Should it matter?

 

I suppose if the ACS wants to prostitute themselves then dig in and take any money you can get from any source.

 

Plus, the NFL will cave on this one if the right pressure is put on them.

Should it matter?

 

I suppose if the ACS wants to prostitute themselves then dig in and take any money you can get from any source.

 

Plus, the NFL will cave on this one if the right pressure is put on them.

You're assuming that the ACS has high ethic and moral standards. I am in no way saying they don't, but have you ever wondered if there will ever be a cure for cancer? It's a huge business.
  • Author
You're assuming that the ACS has high ethic and moral standards. I am in no way saying they don't, but have you ever wondered if there will ever be a cure for cancer? It's a huge business.

 

Like I said with the prostitute analogy, if the ACS just does what is best for business, go get your NFL money, but at least be honest with us and tell everyone the ACS is a business first.

I know you're hellbent on the commish hanging for this, but breast cancer support and domestic violence are apples and anvils. You need to take a deep breath and relax for a moment.

  • Author
I know you're hellbent on the commish hanging for this, but breast cancer support and domestic violence are apples and anvils. You need to take a deep breath and relax for a moment.

 

Not for the NFL. The NFL does the whole breast cancer thing to attract more women viewers only Goodell's handing of this whole incident shows exactly what the NFL thinks of women when they get in the way of business.

Not for the NFL. The NFL does the whole breast cancer thing to attract more women viewers only Goodell's handing of this whole incident shows exactly what the NFL thinks of women when they get in the way of business.

Faulty logic. I think that's way too far to stretch. Heck, maybe all us heterosexual guys should boycott the league because we are in a relationship with a woman.

 

Regardless of the outcome of this circus, and I hope Goodell gets the axe, the breast cancer awareness thing the league does is a good thing.

  • Author
Faulty logic. I think that's way too far to stretch. Heck, maybe all us heterosexual guys should boycott the league because we are in a relationship with a woman.

 

Regardless of the outcome of this circus, and I hope Goodell gets the axe, the breast cancer awareness thing the league does is a good thing.

 

As long as women are okay with being second class citizens I agree with you. If not, it is time to make a stand.

It is being reported now that voice mails confirm the receipt of the tape by the NFL office 5 MONTHS AGO. Either the Director of Security or Goodell himself is toast.

As long as women are okay with being second class citizens I agree with you. If not, it is time to make a stand.

Please. Um, men get breast cancer too by the way.

  • Author
Please. Um, men get breast cancer too by the way.

 

Now you are playing games using your superior intellect.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.