Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Notre Dame 2 Conner 1 (girls soccer)

Featured Replies

10629580_925621070781276_4751958953459936355_n.jpg

 

Other game photos here:

 

Interesting score. Is Conner that good or is NDA struggling to adjust under the new coach?

.....

 

Is the Kim girl not even on the team? I thought she was ear-marked to be the keeper this year, and unless I just overlooked her, I didn't even see her out there at all.

I'm told the Conner keeper was under attack the entire evening.

 

Kudos to her.

  • Author

Conner played great defense, keeper made stop after stop. Shots on goal were extremely lopsided for NDA. NDA just has to put the ball in the net.

Conner's keeper is a stud. She was the primary reason this was a close game score wise. NDA possessed the ball for 90% of the game.

Conner played great defense, keeper made stop after stop. Shots on goal were extremely lopsided for NDA. NDA just has to put the ball in the net.

 

Sounds like they are learning bad habits from those boys across the street.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46630[/ATTACH]

 

Other game photos here:

 

 

This was the goal that was reversed. From my vantage point, it was impossible to tell if the goalie had her hand on the ball. One could only assume she did based on the way the play occurred. I thought the ref had the best vantage point over the side judge, yet the ref called it a goal then discussed with the side judge and overturned.

Conner's keeper is a stud. She was the primary reason this was a close game score wise. NDA possessed the ball for 90% of the game.

What is her name?

Always good to hear defenders get recognition.

What is her name?

Always good to hear defenders get recognition.

 

I don't recall. I was there as my daughter's team was the ball girls so I don't follow either team. I was just very impressed by her play.

This was the goal that was reversed. From my vantage point, it was impossible to tell if the goalie had her hand on the ball. One could only assume she did based on the way the play occurred. I thought the ref had the best vantage point over the side judge, yet the ref called it a goal then discussed with the side judge and overturned.

 

Looking at the series of photos posted online I don't see the keeper ever having control over the ball. The center ref (who probably had the best look at it) calls it a goal and then confers w/ the AR and reverses? Not sure how the AR would have had a good look at it.

  • Author

Several questions on the play goal or no goal. I was about 15 feet from the play by the goal taking pics. Was the offensive player down when she struck the ball. Did the ball touch the offensive players hand (handball), what really constitutes possession? Tough call either way but the side judge had a horrible angle.

That is my only beef......those that know me KNOW that I will NEVER argue with a ref that is int he correct position to make a call.....BUT when a ref is in the incorrect position......OR an AR feels it is time to insert him or her- self into a match when it isn't his or her call, then I have an opinion.

 

Other than that, the refs are always right, in shape, and we are lucky to have them.

 

:puke:

Several questions on the play goal or no goal. I was about 15 feet from the play by the goal taking pics. Was the offensive player down when she struck the ball. Did the ball touch the offensive players hand (handball), what really constitutes possession? Tough call either way but the side judge had a horrible angle.

 

One of the biggest misconceptions in soccer is the "playing on the ground" rule. There is no such rule. Refs will often call a dangerous play foul in such situations but merely kicking the ball while on the ground is not a foul. It must be dangerous to either the player doing it or an opponent and it must also impede the opponent from playing. Incidental grazing of the ball against her arm/hand is also not a foul unless it really worked to her advantage or was intentional. Possession by the keeper is a judgment call but I don't see it in those photos. In the end, the real issue is the AR making the call if not in a good position. Hard to say without being there but I've never been a fan of AR's doing much more than calling offsides/out of bounds unless the play is right in front of them.

.....

 

Is the Kim girl not even on the team? I thought she was ear-marked to be the keeper this year, and unless I just overlooked her, I didn't even see her out there at all.

 

Yes? No? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.