Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 3 Campbell County 2 (Boys)

Featured Replies

I was pretty impressed with how well CC moved the ball when I saw them earlier in the week, looking at the comments from last night it sounded like they really packed it in. They appeared to be fairly strong in the midfield, and with their passing, so it surprises me that they did not try to keep possession more than just packing in the defense. I guess this is why I do not coach, their coaches game plan seems to have almost worked.

They were lucky to scratch out three goals, one of which may have been an own goal, to win the game.

 

1st it was definitely an own goal. 2nd, while no one from CCH should have been happy with the performance, the two goals scored were not "lucky to scratch out." Both were well played and deserving. The second came in stoppage time. Give CCH credit for not giving up.

 

They will have to do better next week.

Wow, the Camel fans and players must be thrilled to get all of the back-handed compliments they're getting in here.

 

JV team

scrimmage

blooper goal

should have been easy stops

 

only to then say "oh yeah great game Camels"

 

All that's missing is a pat on the head and an offer of an ice cream to the Camels.

Heck, I can't figure out the difference between CC and CCH.

Heck, I can't figure out the difference between CC and CCH.

 

If I am following correctly, I am come up with these opinions...

 

CC= Team that came to play, executed game plan well, came up a little short on the scoreboard.

 

CCH= Team that did not come ready to play, had a quick reality check(0-2 score), had a couple breaks go their way in the end, got out of there with a 3-2 win and a good learning experience.

 

As for parents, not much coming from CC group... the CCH following seems to be doing their best to make this more about what CCH did wrong than just giving CC credit for a good match.

  • Author

As a member of the CCH contingent, who had only seen 30 seconds of CC at the end of the Soccerama match, I do not feel that it would be appropriate to comment on the level of play because I have no gauge to compare it to. Did they play their best game of the year, did they play their worst? I don't know.

 

This is the job of the CC contingent that has this information.

 

So I comment on the form and style they played and make comments on specific plays, not quality. I comment on CCH because I have a base line comparison and can make somewhat informed/intelligent comments....

If I am following correctly, I am come up with these opinions...

 

CC= Team that came to play, executed game plan well, came up a little short on the scoreboard.

 

CCH= Team that did not come ready to play, had a quick reality check(0-2 score), had a couple breaks go their way in the end, got out of there with a 3-2 win and a good learning experience.

 

As for parents, not much coming from CC group... the CCH following seems to be doing their best to make this more about what CCH did wrong than just giving CC credit for a good match.

 

Generally, I would agree with your assessment with one slight difference. The only "break" CCH had was the own goal attributed to Day. That was a definition of a "break". I think the winning goal was what CCH was looking for throughout the game. Multiple chances for quality finishes that weren't executed. I think CC's game plan (or at least it appeared to be a game plan going in) was well executed which was to pack it in and counter with long through balls or quick combinations through the middle to through balls. CCH has shown they can posses the ball for 80% of the game but have issues finishing and making good choice in terms of combinations in or near the box.

 

The other concern would be easy goals given up and not off quality play by the opposition (no offense meant to CC or Lex Cath goal scorers) accounting for the last three goals given up. That occurs against high quality teams like Trinity where ball possession will be hard to come by will be very difficult to recover from in a game.

This is an accurate assessment. CCH got a break on the own goal by Campbell and that was a break they should not have needed had they executed offensively (especially) or defensively. CCH has given up 5 goals when you count their Anderson scrimmage on about 8-10 shots on goal total, all against the same keeper. Hopefully a light bulb is going off somewhere. Quite frankly, none were quality goals but simply defensive mistakes.

 

As far as complimenting Campbell County, I'm just not of the opinion they played that great but they certainly played hard. As was stated, they packed it in with 10 or 11 behind the ball most of the game, knocked it forward and put a couple in the CCH net and then..........one in their own net. I expect that is not the last time we see that strategy by an opponent vs. CCH. In the end, had CCH executed on both ends, that strategy would have failed.

1st it was definitely an own goal. 2nd, while no one from CCH should have been happy with the performance, the two goals scored were not "lucky to scratch out." Both were well played and deserving. The second came in stoppage time. Give CCH credit for not giving up.

 

They will have to do better next week.

 

Yes, both goals were quality, well played goals but I still think they were lucky to scratch out the last one since it was scored with about a minute left as Campbell was wildly clearing anything within sight of their goal. Let's hope execution on both ends gets much better as the tough part of the schedule begins.

This is an accurate assessment. CCH got a break on the own goal by Campbell and that was a break they should not have needed had they executed offensively (especially) or defensively. CCH has given up 5 goals when you count their Anderson scrimmage on about 8-10 shots on goal total, all against the same keeper. Hopefully a light bulb is going off somewhere. Quite frankly, none were quality goals but simply defensive mistakes.

 

As far as complimenting Campbell County, I'm just not of the opinion they played that great but they certainly played hard. As was stated, they packed it in with 10 or 11 behind the ball most of the game, knocked it forward and put a couple in the CCH net and then..........one in their own net. I expect that is not the last time we see that strategy by an opponent vs. CCH. In the end, had CCH executed on both ends, that strategy would have failed.

 

Do any of their upcoming matches pit CCH against teams with some quality scorers up top? From what I keep seeing/hearing, they could have some issues containing a team that has a strong offensive attack.

Do any of their upcoming matches pit CCH against teams with some quality scorers up top? From what I keep seeing/hearing, they could have some issues containing a team that has a strong offensive attack.

 

CCH has Trinity coming up soon. That should be a good test. Not sure what Elder has but they play them on Tuesday.

CCH has Trinity coming up soon. That should be a good test. Not sure what Elder has but they play them on Tuesday.

 

Elder has one of the top scorers and attackers in Cincy in Joey Sabato who was tops in Assist and second in total points and First Team All Star in GCL South as a Sophmore in 2013.

 

He will be a huge handful as he lightening fast, built like tank and had a great first touch and turn on the ball an excels at taking on defenders directly.

Wow, the Camel fans and players must be thrilled to get all of the back-handed compliments they're getting in here.

 

JV team

scrimmage

blooper goal

should have been easy stops

 

only to then say "oh yeah great game Camels"

 

All that's missing is a pat on the head and an offer of an ice cream to the Camels.

 

Very funny and spot on.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.