Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell County 3 Newport Central Catholic 1

Featured Replies

Isn't Brossart's gym air conditioned now??? hmmm....

 

I'm confused...what's your point?

  • Replies 40
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe Georgetown college is looking at her. Not sure about other schools.

New cath gym not air conditioned. Brossart's gym is now air conditioned. They just did a renovation. Game was at New cath

I was saying "way down" comparing them to the previous NCC teams. You would have to agree that since 2008ish, NCC has fallen from their totem pile. Unfortunately, we have to compare them to NDA , Ryle, St. Henry and Cooper because they are in the same region.

New cath gym not air conditioned. Brossart's gym is now air conditioned. They just did a renovation. Game was at New cath

 

I understand that. I hear Brossart's gym looks nice. However BBHS and their gym has nothing to do with this thread. The game was between NewCath and Campbell County, not Brossart.

I understand that. I hear Brossart's gym looks nice. However BBHS and their gym has nothing to do with this thread. The game was between NewCath and Campbell County, not Brossart.

 

It matters in the sense of NCC's future, which was brought up. If you are an 8th grade girl, which gym would you rather practice in every day? AC or no AC? These teams start practicing in July I think so it's more than a minor inconvenience. Holy Cross currently in a pledge drive to AC their gym. If similar sized schools all get AC and you don't have it, I would think that puts you at a disadvantage moving forward if their are school choices to be made.

It matters in the sense of NCC's future, which was brought up. If you are an 8th grade girl, which gym would you rather practice in every day? AC or no AC? These teams start practicing in July I think so it's more than a minor inconvenience. Holy Cross currently in a pledge drive to AC their gym. If similar sized schools all get AC and you don't have it, I would think that puts you at a disadvantage moving forward if their are school choices to be made.

 

I'm not sure A/C in the gym is even in the top 1,000 list of reasons for attending one h.s. vs. another.

Campbell is tough when they play like a team. I saw a lot of bad attitudes, rolling eyes at coach. Not a lot of control by coach , she lets players Ryun the show. I hope they fix that before tournament time.

Talked to several parents that was in attendance last night and they saw nothing that you are talking about. I hope your not a disgruntled parent venting on BGP and taking away from the hard work that the girls have put in. CCHS volleyball has some success and gets a nice win and people want to knock them down by bringing up past records, or claiming how down NCC is this year or claiming the girls have bad attitudes. The same thing is going on in the football thread on the Camels nice win against East Central. I don't think coach Curry would put up with any:poop: from parents or players.

It matters in the sense of NCC's future, which was brought up. If you are an 8th grade girl, which gym would you rather practice in every day? AC or no AC? These teams start practicing in July I think so it's more than a minor inconvenience. Holy Cross currently in a pledge drive to AC their gym. If similar sized schools all get AC and you don't have it, I would think that puts you at a disadvantage moving forward if their are school choices to be made.

 

Seriously? Geez guess all the grade school basketball players will head to NCC then because those 8AM games at Brossart in January their gym is about 53 degrees on a good morning.

 

If you pick a high school based on air conditioning in the gym...........well good luck with that.

  • Author

For now on I'll just post the scores, and leave all the "other" stuff out.

For now on I'll just post the scores, and leave all the "other" stuff out.

 

:laugh:

For now on I'll just post the scores, and leave all the "other" stuff out.

 

I don't see that happening....

  • Author
I don't see that happening....

 

:laugh: TRUE!!!

Talked to several parents that was in attendance last night and they saw nothing that you are talking about. I hope your not a disgruntled parent venting on BGP and taking away from the hard work that the girls have put in. CCHS volleyball has some success and gets a nice win and people want to knock them down by bringing up past records, or claiming how down NCC is this year or claiming the girls have bad attitudes. The same thing is going on in the football thread on the Camels nice win against East Central. I don't think coach Curry would put up with any:poop: from parents or players.

Can't say anything about this game, but I was at multiple CC games last year & have witnessed the attitudes more than once. They have the talent to win but what I saw was players yelling at each other with eye rolling & arguing with the coach during timeouts. It can totally be frustration & I get that, but there is also some respect & self control as well. No team can be great by tearing down teammates or making players feel inferior. If CC can control their attitudes & build each other up rather than tear each other apart, they could make another trip to State because they have the talent to get there with!!

Can't say anything about this game, but I was at multiple CC games last year & have witnessed the attitudes more than once. They have the talent to win but what I saw was players yelling at each other with eye rolling & arguing with the coach during timeouts. It can totally be frustration & I get that, but there is also some respect & self control as well. No team can be great by tearing down teammates or making players feel inferior. If CC can control their attitudes & build each other up rather than tear each other apart, they could make another trip to State because they have the talent to get there with!!

I've been to 90% of the games over the last 9 years and I've seen some attitude but not anymore than any other team or any that is detrimental to the team. Campbell County has built a nice volleyball program over the years and every year there are different team leaders. I can say that in 9 years I've seen disgruntled/crazy parents tear a team apart but never kids. We have the majority of our team back from the past 2 years that won regional and went to state, back to back years. I've known most of these girls since grade school. I'm not naive to think that there hasn't been any drama but the girls always seem to take care of it "themselves" or in house and rise to the occasion. I have no problem with a team leader or a captain speaking their mind to underclassmen if they need it. Sometimes a reminder that individual goals or laziness is unacceptable whether it comes from a captain, a leader or the coach. They have a new coach again this year, which is the 6th coach over the last 9 years. I highly doubt coach Curry would put up with attitude or eye rolling, disrespect or tearing apart teammates, not in her demeanor. Most of these girls know what it takes to win regionals and go to state, they been pretty successful at it so the captains and leaders must be doing something right.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.