Betsy Layne 71 Pike County Central 63

I stated earlier that PCC had the better team but could easily lose to BL. That is just what happened. BL is not loaded by any means, but they can play and you have to take them seriously. Paintsville had them by 17 points I believe and they came back. That says volumes.

Glad to see that Lowe bounced back with a strong 2nd half, hate to see a player that good struggle as much as he did in the 1st half in his last high school game. Nice career at Pike Central for Lowe.

I never saw this one coming. Maybe BL is sporadic, they beat Paintsville a few weeks ago. Will the real Bobcats stand up?

I think it all depends on who Betsy Layne plays as to which team shows up. The Bobcats had a size advantage inside on Pike Central last night and the Hawks had no one to contain Brandon Kidd inside. Kidd shot 8-10 with 8 rebounds for 22 points.

Brad Lowe was held scoreless in the first half. It took him 10 shots before he connected on a 3-pointer in the 3rd quarter. Lowe finished 8-25 for 24 points, again all in the second half.

Tough night inside for Pike Central. They won the rebounding war 40-31. Yet, Betsy Layne challenged every shot inside from Pike Central, recording 7 blocks, 5 of those by Trai Whitt.

Congrats Betsy Layne. Shot 62% in the second half and had a total of 23 assist as a team. Great ball movement and clamped down defense from the Bobcats last night.

Congrats to Coach Rose.. Maybe he can get some of the parents off his back. I hope that Coach Rose continues to coach at Betsy Layne until he is ready to leave and not when a group of parents is ready for him to leave. Good win for the Bobcat program. They played really well last night.

Congrats to Coach Rose.. Maybe he can get some of the parents off his back. I hope that Coach Rose continues to coach at Betsy Layne until he is ready to leave and not when a group of parents is ready for him to leave. Good win for the Bobcat program. They played really well last night.

I think your quote should be directed to Johnny Martin at Allen Central, because that's what is happening to him.

I understand that Coach Rose may be walking away after this season to seek a principal's position within the county. He is currently assistant principal at BLHS.