Anderson (OH) 1 Covington Catholic 0 Scrimmage

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw it. Mistake by goalie led to the goal. Defender put him in kind of a tight spot, but still should have been dealt with. CCH had 80% of possession but not a lot of chances. Still should have finished some. They are not quite meshing yet. Don't believe the coach has settled on things yet. Some bright spots to keep one optimistic. CCH did have a goal on a brainfart by Anderson defender on a free kick, but goal not allowed by referee who was befuddled by the whole thing.

Finishing things off is an issue for the Colonels as suspected. Probably 15 shots on goal but just wasn't happening. Anderson had just the one shot on goal when the CCH reserve keeper pretty much just passed the ball to an Anderson player for an open net goal. Still no excuse as Anderson was not very good and while CCH played keep away all night they could not finish anything off. They were still moving some kids around but I'm sure the coaching staff is scratching their heads over this right now. 1 goal in two games is a problem. Perhaps a formation change is in order moving to 4-3-3 to put some more pressure up top.

Finishing things off is an issue for the Colonels as suspected. Probably 15 shots on goal but just wasn't happening. Anderson had just the one shot on goal when the CCH reserve keeper pretty much just passed the ball to an Anderson player for an open net goal. Still no excuse as Anderson was not very good and while CCH played keep away all night they could not finish anything off. They were still moving some kids around but I'm sure the coaching staff is scratching their heads over this right now. 1 goal in two games is a problem. Perhaps a formation change is in order moving to 4-3-3 to put some more pressure up top.

Reserve keeper? He started.

I have been watching HS soccer for ten years now and the teams that make the final four ALWAYS have a special player or two up top. When HHS, Scott, or Ryle advanced this was the case. The only players that resemble that in Nky are on Scott and Cooper and I'm not sure they have the rest of the pieces to make a run. That being the case I don't see NKY representing this year when its all said and done.

I have been watching HS soccer for ten years now and the teams that make the final four ALWAYS have a special player or two up top. When HHS, Scott, or Ryle advanced this was the case. The only players that resemble that in Nky are on Scott and Cooper and I'm not sure they have the rest of the pieces to make a run. That being the case I don't see NKY representing this year when its all said and done.

What did highlands make lst year?

I When HHS, Scott, or Ryle advanced this was the case. The only players that resemble that in Nky are on Scott and Cooper and I'm not sure they have the rest of the pieces to make a run. That being the case I don't see NKY representing this year when its all said and done.

HHS in 2008 finals, striker = Dakota Beerman (two Lewis boys in support I think). Who were the marquee strikers and support players for Ryle in 2006 and 2011 finals? Any other NK teams in finals in last 10 or 15 years and who did they have up top?

Reserve keeper? He started.

Yes, he started the Anderson scrimmage but I don't think anyone expects him to be the regular starter. CCH played 3-4 keepers in the scrimmage just like they did at Soccerama but I expect Romes to play the vast majority of minutes in goal. He played the final 20 minutes I believe and didn't touch the ball once.

The Colonels will hopefully continue to experiment up top with who can put the ball in the net. They need some more and better balls played in from the outside as well.

I wonder if CCH would be able to use some of the "scorers" from Scott or Cooper as Guest Players, I would really like their chances to make a deep run if they could KHSAA to sign off on this idea.

I feel that CCH is by far the best hope for NKY this season, I just worry that they are going to struggle with scoring. I see a ton of talent in the midfield and hope they are able to work things out up front, they still have plenty of time to figure it out. They have some classy kids there and I would hate to see them fail to make a deep run just because they were not able to find a #9.

Yes, he started the Anderson scrimmage but I don't think anyone expects him to be the regular starter. CCH played 3-4 keepers in the scrimmage just like they did at Soccerama but I expect Romes to play the vast majority of minutes in goal. He played the final 20 minutes I believe and didn't touch the ball once.

The Colonels will hopefully continue to experiment up top with who can put the ball in the net. They need some more and better balls played in from the outside as well.

Grant?