Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rick Bolus' 2014/15 Rankings

Featured Replies

  • Replies 46
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow no love NKY and only a few likes. Going to be an interesting year for Girls Basketball as I believe many will be surprised by Holmes, Scott, Boone, Conner, Ryle and Bishop Brossart.

Would be curious to know how many of these girls attended the Rick Bolus Camp?

Edited by PSJ
sp

  • Author
Would be curious to know how many of these girls attended the Rick Bolus Camp?
I know at least one that has not.

Three comments

 

Mikayla Ware may be one of the most impactful players in the 9th region and barely makes the list.

 

Ryle should be the clear favorite to win the 9th region! 5 players on the top 150!

 

HHS is one of the favorites to win or compete for the 9th and not one player makes the list? Hmmmm. I know I've coached and seen many of their players clearly outplay several names on this list for years. Pretty funny. Jaime Richey must be an absolute coaching genius!!!!...to win with no talent! :jump:

Three comments

 

Mikayla Ware may be one of the most impactful players in the 9th region and barely makes the list.

 

Ryle should be the clear favorite to win the 9th region! 5 players on the top 150!

 

HHS is one of the favorites to win or compete for the 9th and not one player makes the list? Hmmmm. I know I've coached and seen many of their players clearly outplay several names on this list for years. Pretty funny. Jaime Richey must be an absolute coaching genius!!!!...to win with no talent! :jump:

 

Keep in mind the list is potential to play college, which I believe would be different than top list of players based on current impact on their HS l aiduteams. As to your points:

 

1 Absolutely agree on Ware.

 

2 Ryle returns 4 sophomore starters from last year. All 4 have received college interest. Unfortunately this doesn't mean they are favorites to win anything. Does mean they have several players that have potential to play at next level and could be a dangerous team if talent utilized.

 

3 HHS is definitely a favorite and one of the reasons is maximizing talent. Clearly any list like Bolus is going to be based on either individual observation or exposure player has received. Obviously players that attend exposure events have a better chance of making the list. But attending only does not put you on the list.

 

Congrats to the 9th region girls that made the list... I'm sure there are others that deserve it so lets hope they get the exposure needed for the next level.

Would be curious to know how many of these girls attended the Rick Bolus Camp?

 

Pretty sure that #3 Sandra Skinner of GRC did not. She is a top player in the state.

Keep in mind the list is potential to play college, which I believe would be different than top list of players based on current impact on their HS l aiduteams. As to your points:

 

1 Absolutely agree on Ware.

 

2 Ryle returns 4 sophomore starters from last year. All 4 have received college interest. Unfortunately this doesn't mean they are favorites to win anything. Does mean they have several players that have potential to play at next level and could be a dangerous team if talent utilized.

 

3 HHS is definitely a favorite and one of the reasons is maximizing talent. Clearly any list like Bolus is going to be based on either individual observation or exposure player has received. Obviously players that attend exposure events have a better chance of making the list. But attending only does not put you on the list.

 

Congrats to the 9th region girls that made the list... I'm sure there are others that deserve it so lets hope they get the exposure needed for the next level.

 

Understand. I'm being a little sarcastic. As far as Ryle, HHS started 3 sophs and two jrs last year and blew them out of the gym. I am very familiar with the the sophs from Ryle. My daughter is the same age and I cached an AAU team of the same age as the Ryle girls for several years.

I can say with confidence that all three of the GRC players listed did not attend his camp.

Keep in mind the list is potential to play college, which I believe would be different than top list of players based on current impact on their HS l aiduteams. As to your points:

 

1 Absolutely agree on Ware.

 

2 Ryle returns 4 sophomore starters from last year. All 4 have received college interest. Unfortunately this doesn't mean they are favorites to win anything. Does mean they have several players that have potential to play at next level and could be a dangerous team if talent utilized.

 

3 HHS is definitely a favorite and one of the reasons is maximizing talent. Clearly any list like Bolus is going to be based on either individual observation or exposure player has received. Obviously players that attend exposure events have a better chance of making the list. But attending only does not put you on the list.

 

Congrats to the 9th region girls that made the list... I'm sure there are others that deserve it so lets hope they get the exposure needed for the next level.

 

I agree but not 100%!! No one can dispute that the 9th region is stacked with talented players, but in my opinion there is no clear dominant team this season. Sure Highlands & Ryle are returning many starters from last year, but where were they in the 9th region tourney? Ryle wasn't there because Conner knocked them out in districts. Both Conner & Boone are returning veteran varsity players that have played with & beat Ryle more than once, so why are they overlooked?? Don't get me wrong, Ryle is tough & they make teams play the best game of their life if they want to win. Ryle's weakness is foul trouble. If the starters are in foul trouble it throws their game way off. Boone has multiple players that will give teams fits & Conner also returns a talent team. I think Boone & Conner will surprise many people this season which ultimately makes for another fun NKY girls basketball season!!!

I agree but not 100%!! No one can dispute that the 9th region is stacked with talented players, but in my opinion there is no clear dominant team this season. Sure Highlands & Ryle are returning many starters from last year, but where were they in the 9th region tourney? Ryle wasn't there because Conner knocked them out in districts. Both Conner & Boone are returning veteran varsity players that have played with & beat Ryle more than once, so why are they overlooked?? Don't get me wrong, Ryle is tough & they make teams play the best game of their life if they want to win. Ryle's weakness is foul trouble. If the starters are in foul trouble it throws their game way off. Boone has multiple players that will give teams fits & Conner also returns a talent team. I think Boone & Conner will surprise many people this season which ultimately makes for another fun NKY girls basketball season!!!

 

Are you asking where HHS was in the region tournament??? Because they won their first game in the region and then lost to ND, who was number one all year.

 

Oh and they also beat Boone, Ryle and Conner by between 11-14 points last year. If I'm not mistaken, all those teams lost at least one significant senior and maybe more for a couple of them. HHS returns their first 7 players from last year and 9 of their top 10. I know that doesn't guarantee anything this year, but I do think it would make sense to have them above those other schools at the beginning of the season at least.

I can say with confidence that all three of the GRC players listed did not attend his camp.

 

And all 3 are very deserving of their rankings.

Are you asking where HHS was in the region tournament??? Because they won their first game in the region and then lost to ND, who was number one all year.

 

Oh and they also beat Boone, Ryle and Conner by between 11-14 points last year. If I'm not mistaken, all those teams lost at least one significant senior and maybe more for a couple of them. HHS returns their first 7 players from last year and 9 of their top 10. I know that doesn't guarantee anything this year, but I do think it would make sense to have them above those other schools at the beginning of the season at least.

 

Relax RCC9...I totally agree that Highlands is a great team!! My disagreement was mostly related to Ryle. I also think that as "stacked" with returning talent as these teams are they all have weaknesses that any team could take advantage of. Mostly meant in my post that I don't think the 9th Region has one clearly dominant team. The top 5 will change multiple times this season which will make the end of season tournaments that much better to watch!!! Teams like Boone, Conner & Dixie are not getting the credit they deserve. All 3 have multiple players getting college looks & could lead their teams to the top!! I put Highlands above HC in the 9th region just think people shouldn't overlook other teams!!

Rick Bolus rankings are and always have been a joke. Kids are left off his list if they don't attend his camp. It's that simple. The blue chippers make his list even if they don't attend his camp.

 

An rising senior elite player for Sacred Heart isn't on the list and is getting recruited by low D1 and D2 schools. She also was one of the integral pieces of SHA run last year, so I wouldn't get too caught up on who is on his list.

Rick Bolus rankings are and always have been a joke. Kids are left off his list if they don't attend his camp. It's that simple. The blue chippers make his list even if they don't attend his camp.

 

An rising senior elite player for Sacred Heart isn't on the list and is getting recruited by low D1 and D2 schools. She also was one of the integral pieces of SHA run last year, so I wouldn't get too caught up on who is on his list.

 

Been that way for years with his lists!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.