Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rick Bolus' 2014/15 Rankings

Featured Replies

Rick Bolus rankings are and always have been a joke. Kids are left off his list if they don't attend his camp. It's that simple. The blue chippers make his list even if they don't attend his camp.

 

An rising senior elite player for Sacred Heart isn't on the list and is getting recruited by low D1 and D2 schools. She also was one of the integral pieces of SHA run last year, so I wouldn't get too caught up on who is on his list.

 

I agree with you 100% on the Bolus rankings....I think he does them from names he hears on this board. But I thought Sacred Heart lost their 2 players (Ruffin and Merriweather) from last year and would be heavily depending on their incoming freshmen and sophomores for their success? Are you referring to the Johnson kid?

  • Replies 46
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick Bolus rankings are and always have been a joke. Kids are left off his list if they don't attend his camp. It's that simple. The blue chippers make his list even if they don't attend his camp.

 

An rising senior elite player for Sacred Heart isn't on the list and is getting recruited by low D1 and D2 schools. She also was one of the integral pieces of SHA run last year, so I wouldn't get too caught up on who is on his list.

 

 

Do tell us who this player is; don't keep us holding our breath.

Do tell us who this player is; don't keep us holding our breath.

 

Retro you are up to speed in many of the circles and are well versed on who are the better players in many of the regions. I'm sure you know who the other starter was on last years team that is a rising senior. Johnson is listed on Bolus list so it only leaves one choice for you to guess.

Retro you are up to speed in many of the circles and are well versed on who are the better players in many of the regions. I'm sure you know who the other starter was on last years team that is a rising senior. Johnson is listed on Bolus list so it only leaves one choice for you to guess.

Thanks for the kind words, but I had to look up the background info, as that hasn't been committed to memory ... could it be Samsel??? Compliments come my way very infrequently.

Thanks for the kind words, but I had to look up the background info, as that hasn't been committed to memory ... could it be Samsel??? Compliments come my way very infrequently.

 

Bingo

Bingo

 

Good for her - but what's with the mystery?.

The actual name of the athlete wasn't the point of the subject, so I left it out of the context in original reply. Some of the earlier reply's got caught up in certain kids not being included on Bolus list. I was simply stating it doesn't matter if they are on his list. No mystery intended.

Not one college coach that I know of looks at this list. I have never had any college say to me she is rated # whatever by Rick Bolus. If you are banking on something by being rated by Bolus to help you then you are in for a rude awakening.

Not one college coach that I know of looks at this list. I have never had any college say to me she is rated # whatever by Rick Bolus. If you are banking on something by being rated by Bolus to help you then you are in for a rude awakening.

 

Arch, while I agree that the rankings don't mean much, I think you are a little off base if you are implying that Bolus doesn't help. He made a few phone calls to some college coaches on behalf of my son (who did not attend any of his camps), and each coach took a look at my son (and eventually offered my son) because they said that Bolus' recommendation has credibility.

There is a ton of quality girls players in Kentucky, not sure if you have seen the Duvall girl from Bullitt East. Bolus does her no favor on the rating, no doubt she is top 10 in the State.

There is a ton of quality girls players in Kentucky, not sure if you have seen the Duvall girl from Bullitt East. Bolus does her no favor on the rating, no doubt she is top 10 in the State.

 

Bolus has 12 girls on that list. Throw in Duvall, that makes 13.

 

Which of the three girls are you taking off Bolus' list (13-3=10) to get to 10, since Duvall is "no doubt top 10"?

 

Erin Boley: Has offers from everybody. 22 of final top-25 have offered.

Reauna Cleaver: Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Florida Atlantic, Louisiana Tech

Nora Kiesler: Louisville, Stanford, Dayton, Michigan State, Purdue

Krys McCune: Top-10 player overall and No. 1 center in country according to ESPN

Maci Morris: Already committed to UK.

Morgan Rich: Committed to Kentucky

Alexis Robinson: Committed to Colorado

Ashanti Thomas: Ranked top-10 player at her position nationally for class of 2015 by ESPN

 

 

And Bolus' rankings aren't that far fetched. Here's what Jody Demling had ... in 2012.

Rankings: Kentucky girls Class of 2015 | Recruiting

• 1. Maci Morris, Bell County, 5-11, G

• 2. Morgan Turner, Meade County, 6-2, G

• 3. Morgan Rich, Allen County, 5-11, G

• 4. Ashanti Thomas, Lafayette, 6-3, C

• 5. Nora Kiesler, Assumption, 6-6, C

• 6. Alexis Brewer, LaRue County, 5-10, G

• 7. Reauna Cleaver, Elizabethtown, 6-1, C

• 8. Alex Martin, Ballard, 5-7, G

• 9. Katie Moore, Leslie County, 5-9, G

• 10. (tie) Darien Huff, Elizabethtown, 5-8, G

• 10. (tie) Asia Sims, Bourbon County, 5-10, F

• 10. (tie) Logan Fraley, Boyd County, 5-11, F

 

Note: Demling's list is 2015 only, so no Boley (2016) or McCune (2016)

 

Duvall is a heck of a player. Should be D-I.

 

But "no doubt" top-10? I think several people have doubts.

No doubt all the girls on the list are great players.....The teams that have offered those girls scholarships are getting great players. Duvall has offers from ACC, Big Ten, SEC, PAC 10, Big East, MAC, Conf USA and a dozen division II schools as well. Seems to support being a very good player...Duvall has also led her team in scoring and rebounding as a 8th grader and Freshmen. Currently 5th in School History in scoring with over 1200 points - did I mention she just finished her Freshmen year.

That's great! Very few players get that many offers before they begin their sophomore year. She must be an elite player. I'm always pulling for Kentucky players but hope you are not getting "offers" confused with "recruiting". Hope you are correct, but regardless she has accomplished a lot for an incoming sophomore!

No doubt all the girls on the list are great players.....The teams that have offered those girls scholarships are getting great players. Duvall has offers from ACC, Big Ten, SEC, PAC 10, Big East, MAC, Conf USA and a dozen division II schools as well. Seems to support being a very good player...Duvall has also led her team in scoring and rebounding as a 8th grader and Freshmen. Currently 5th in School History in scoring with over 1200 points - did I mention she just finished her Freshmen year.

 

Way to completely dodge the question.

 

You said Duvall is a "no doubt" top-10 player and ripped Bolus' list (who lists his first 12). Throw in Duvall and you have 13.

 

Which three are you pulling off the list?

 

Or instead of ripping a list, give us your own.

 

It's WAY EASY to say "this player should be added."

It's a lot HARDER to pull someone off and say she should not be on the list.

 

FWIW, I thought Bolus and Demling both had good lists.

 

Also FWIW, Duvall was not first- or second-team on any of the FIVE separate All-State teams last year.

 

So like I said, I question your "no doubt."

 

ASSOCIATED PRESS MEDIA

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/21/2014-ap-kentucky-all-state-girls-list/?page=all

 

BLUEGRASS PREPS

http://bluegrasspreps.com/classic-bluegrasspreps/2014-all-bluegrasspreps-275368.html

 

LOUISVILLE COURIER-JOURNAL COACHES

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-girls-basketball/courier-journal-all-276478.html

 

LEXINGTON HERALD-LEADER COACHES

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-girls-basketball/lexington-herald-all-276100.html

 

AMERICAN FAMILY INSURANCE ALL-USA KENTUCKY

2013-14 ALL-USA Kentucky Girls Basketball Team | USA Today High School Sports

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.