Cooper 10 Dixie Heights 5

Great win for Cooper. That 33rd district is brutal.

Very true. You separate those 4 teams and put each one in a different district anywhere south of the NKY districts and my money would be on at least 3 of them making it to their respected regional finals.

It's kind of a shame that there can only be 2 that can come out of the district.

Hmmmm

Beechwood has beaten the same 3 you mention in the last week.

Dixie may go 1-5. I have seen them.

Beechwood goes 1-12.

You obvouisly have not seen Beechwood yet ?

I did not have to read this twice to realize that the 1-12 comment is to represent the strength of BW's bench and support they have been getting beyond the top 4 in the batting order. Many said weeks ago that the achilles heel of BW would be the bottom half of the order. Wrong. This group has

been instrumental in BW's success. Just point to the Brossart game. The bottom of the order tied the game in the 7th from a 3-0 deficit. No pressure. They then set the table for Stringer's jack that won the game. And, with the injury to Combs these 1-12 guys become even more important in the home stretch. In retrospect, I do think Coach Mullins had a premonition that they would all fall apart in the Cooper game and he had the foresight to cancel the game in time.

I would hope coaches do not cancel games because they think they may lose. Foresight. Really?

You took me way too literal. I was just poking a little fun at some of the posts on BGP in the last week since BW cancelled their game with Cooper. it was mentioned that BW was "afraid" to play Cooper and most of that was in jest as well. Just having a little fun.

You took me way too literal. I was just poking a little fun at some of the posts on BGP in the last week since BW cancelled their game with Cooper. it was mentioned that BW was "afraid" to play Cooper and most of that was in jest as well. Just having a little fun.

I got your sarcasm :) thought it was kind of funny.

I think in the end, this week helps Dixie. When you rattle off what 15 or so straight, it's easy to lose a little focus. Hopefully, 2 straight losses will help them refocus going forward.

This is not meant to take anything away from Beechwood or Cooper. Both are great teams. I'm just glad Dixie didn't roll into the regional riding basically a season-long winning streak.

I think in the end, this week helps Dixie. When you rattle off what 15 or so straight, it's easy to lose a little focus. Hopefully, 2 straight losses will help them refocus going forward.

This is not meant to take anything away from Beechwood or Cooper. Both are great teams. I'm just glad Dixie didn't roll into the regional riding basically a season-long winning streak.

Dixie should be just fine. Those 2 games it just gives more credence to the old saying that pitching determines games more than anything else. When you have 3 teams like Cooper, Dixie and Beechwood that can all hit great up and down their lineups then pitching plays a huge role in the outcomes. Yesterday's game Cooper just had the better pitching and they won. Dixie hot the ball well yesterday but Cooper was just able to get more hits and it showed on the scoreboard. Anyone who was there knows Dixie has nothing to worry about, they hit just fine but they just happened to have to face Dunn and 2 relievers who got it done.