Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cal's suggestions for the NCAA

Featured Replies

I don't think any said that they were too good for a bus ticket. My thought was that a bus ticket and a plane ticket didn't have much difference in the cost.

 

I will admit I haven't taken a Greyhound in a while, but I would think your statement couldn't be true because if so, I don't see how the bus industry could exist. But I have not researched it.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I will admit I haven't taken a Greyhound in a while, but I would think your statement couldn't be true because if so, I don't see how the bus industry could exist. But I have not researched it.

 

Greyhound standard fare Cincinnati to Atlanta $100 each way

USAir Cincinnati to Atlanta $130 one way (non holiday)

Cal's been bashing the NCAA for ever. This is nothing new, and has nothing to do with him staying at Kentucky or potentially going to the league.

 

Also, no coach answers to the NCAA. They work for the university. As long as they aren't breaking any rules, coaches can say and do whatever they want regarding the NCAA and they can't do a thing about it.

 

On the first graph, Cal's also had two final four appearances vacated by the NCAA. Coincidence? Maybe. Or is this what happens when you bash the guys who make the rules?

 

Every coach who works under the NCAA umbrella answers to the NCAA. Period. They make the rules, you answer to them. I know who pays his salary, that's not where the authority chain ends though. Every commercial pilot in America answers to the FAA. They might work for Delta or whoever, but they ultimately answer to the FAA.

 

Not sure why that's a hard concept to grasp. I contend that a coach under the NCAA umbrella should be careful what he says about said organization. Why give them a reason to start combing through your program with a fine tooth comb? And once they do that, well the NCAA by-laws are awful convoluted. I bet they can find a violation or two about anytime they really decide to make a case.

 

If you guys disagree with the above graph, that's fine. Maybe it never happens and has never happened. But, to think every NCAA coach doesn't ultimately answer to the NCAA is absurd.

I don't think any said that they were too good for a bus ticket. My thought was that a bus ticket and a plane ticket didn't have much difference in the cost.

 

See, I was right, it was cheaper.:) I'd also probably figure that airline ticket price is good IF you get it several weeks in advance. I'd bet I couldn't get that price today to fly there next Monday, would probably pay a LOT more. Don't know if bus tickets are the same, but I don't think they are.

Some absurd comments in this thread. Bus ride might be the winner.

Some absurd comments in this thread. Bus ride might be the winner.

 

Hey, don't take a pot shot and drive off without backing it up. You think riding a bus is below someone? Hey, right now the athletes can't even get that. Better than what they got now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.