Why If UK wins the title it is good for College Basketball

Hellbird

I believe if UK wins the NCAA tournament it will be good for college basketball because of how hated UK Basketball is across the country.

People can't stand UK because of Cal's recruiting and many are convinced somehow that Cal must be cheating because he gets such great Freshman recruits. With the hate toward BBN across the country I think if UK wins the championship it will only create more fur or toward the NBA changing its stance on the one and dones.

They don't like watching UK win 2 titles in 3 years by doing it their way. Too many purest out there that still believe fresh,an winning should be the exception and not the rule, but with UK it is becoming the rule more than the exception and the hatred will only grow more until the powers that be feel they have to change something to even the playing field.

That is why I think it's best for college basketball if UK wins because something has got to change to end the one and done rules and that way UK can start to keep their high recruits for more than 1 year as well as other teams etc.

Go Cats!!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe if UK wins the NCAA tournament it will be good for college basketball because of how hated UK Basketball is across the country.

People can't stand UK because of Cal's recruiting and many are convinced somehow that Cal must be cheating because he gets such great Freshman recruits. With the hate toward BBN across the country I think if UK wins the championship it will only create more fur or toward the NBA changing its stance on the one and dones.

They don't like watching UK win 2 titles in 3 years by doing it their way. Too many purest out there that still believe fresh,an winning should be the exception and not the rule, but with UK it is becoming the rule more than the exception and the hatred will only grow more until the powers that be feel they have to change something to even the playing field.

That is why I think it's best for college basketball if UK wins because something has got to change to end the one and done rules and that way UK can start to keep their high recruits for more than 1 year as well as other teams etc.

Go Cats!!!

I disagree with all of this because UK isn't as hated nationwide as you think. You let a few talking heads get in your heads whenever they don't glorify the Cats and then you begin to believe everyone thinks this way. I've never seen a more paranoid and sensitive fan base in my life.

Duke is hated nationally way way more than UK is. Who gives a damn? Haters gonna hate.

You should know.

UK winning or losing will have zero impact on the future changes to the 1 and done rule. The new CBA in the NBA doesn't expire until 2017. The players union fought hard to keep the owners from raising the age limit in the last negotiation. It's not something they are going to budge on before it expires so people better get used to it for a few more years.

I agree that Duke is hated nationally to a much greater degree than any other basketball program. However, as someone who lives in Raleigh and listens to local sports talk every weekday, I can say that there is quite a bit of negative attention given here to the Coach Calipari/UK system of recruiting and promoting the one and done model, and I suspect that a lot of college basketball fans across the country would prefer a team comprised mostly of veteran upperclassmen (UConn) to win the title, as opposed to a team made up almost exclusively of true freshmen who will not be enrolled in college next year (UK).

Either way UK wins. Keep one and done UK is fine. Add an extra year would actually be worse for college basketball. What would Wall and Cousins have done in year two? Would an extra year of Davis and MKG even have been enjoyable to watch? It would have been sad. And this team with an extra year? Cal might start to look like John Wooden.

Either way UK wins. Keep one and done UK is fine. Add an extra year would actually be worse for college basketball. What would Wall and Cousins have done in year two? Would an extra year of Davis and MKG even have been enjoyable to watch? It would have been sad. And this team with an extra year? Cal might start to look like John Wooden.

Agreed, imagine Davis, Cousins, or Wall as Sophomores. Yikes!

A concern about having the rule become two and done is that it may increase the risk of programs getting slapped with NCAA violations, since you will have players with major NBA potential and who are wanting to cash in being forced to remain "amateur" for an additional 365 days.

A concern about having the rule become two and done is that it may increase the risk of programs getting slapped with NCAA violations, since you will have players with major NBA potential and who are wanting to cash in being forced to remain "amateur" for an additional 365 days.

Bigger problem for the smaller programs. I'm of the opinion that all schools gloss over and bend rules. But I don't think the major programs have to pay anyone in basketball. Why would you risk that when you could just go to UK or Duke, be a high draft pick and get paid without scandal? Especially the way UK has been producing pros.

I agree that Duke is hated nationally to a much greater degree than any other basketball program. However, as someone who lives in Raleigh and listens to local sports talk every weekday, I can say that there is quite a bit of negative attention given here to the Coach Calipari/UK system of recruiting and promoting the one and done model, and I suspect that a lot of college basketball fans across the country would prefer a team comprised mostly of veteran upperclassmen (UConn) to win the title, as opposed to a team made up almost exclusively of true freshmen who will not be enrolled in college next year (UK).

I know people all across the country due to my job and I can vouche for the UK hatred. They are like the Cowboys of the 80-90's etc. you either like UK or hate them.

Their are many that still believe Cal cheats and UK cheats etc. they will never acknowledge that UK and Cal are doing things legitimately and will be rooting for their failure tomorrow night.

Yes PP92, Duke is hated, but for different reasons. UK is hated because people believe they are bending the rules to their advantages and others think they cheat. No one thinks that about Duke.

I for one would of enjoyed another year of MKG and Davis etc.

I think the thing that needs to be do e is either let kids go straight from HS to the NBA or if they don't then they go with baseball and DI recruits, 3 year requirement in college.

UK winning or losing will have zero impact on the future changes to the 1 and done rule. The new CBA in the NBA doesn't expire until 2017. The players union fought hard to keep the owners from raising the age limit in the last negotiation. It's not something they are going to budge on before it expires so people better get used to it for a few more years.

I didn't say they would change the rules Tuesday morning.

i say it will put more pressure to make a change when they can make a change.

I know people all across the country due to my job and I can vouche for the UK hatred. They are like the Cowboys of the 80-90's etc. you either like UK or hate them.

Their are many that still believe Cal cheats and UK cheats etc. they will never acknowledge that UK and Cal are doing things legitimately and will be rooting for their failure tomorrow night.

Yes PP92, Duke is hated, but for different reasons. UK is hated because people believe they are bending the rules to their advantages and others think they cheat. No one thinks that about Duke.

Everyone has different circles. I know people across the world because of my job that don't like Duke and love UK simply because our company is located in Kentucky. I have family that roots for UK simply because they have family in Kentucky. I know people in North Carolina who hate Duke and would root for UK against Duke.

Everyone has different circles. I'd love for ESPN or some national website to run a poll just so you could see how much people hate Duke. The reasons don't matter. Hate is hate.

Maybe, you have to keep in mind that the players change every year. Brandon Knight isn't going to come to UK and play behind Wall. Is Davis going to come play behind Jones? MKG behind Miller? Lots of things could change if it was 2 and done.

I didn't say they would change the rules Tuesday morning.

i say it will put more pressure to make a change when they can make a change.

Adam Silver has said for the last 2 years that this is his #1 priority. It will get done but not until then. This has nothing to do with the college game at all. It's about the NBA owners not trusting themselves to make good decisions on young draft picks.