Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Al Gover resigns at Pulaski County

Featured Replies

Is this a surprise or is this something that has been expected to happen? Why did he resign? Is he looking to continue coaching? Meaning, will he look into the open spot at Mercer County?

Will be interesting to see who Pulaski goes after for this position. Southwestern has had a couple of big name hires in Wright and French with the last couple positions they had open. Will PC go after a name coach or will they go after a coach in the area like they have the last few times this position was available.

  • Author

Welcome to BGP Daniel,

 

Your right, SW has hit those two hires out of the park.

Rumors floating around that the SW football hire isn't totally worked out. Not sure what the issues are , but there are some.

I have been hearing for about 2 months that this was going to happen after the season was over. Coach Gover is a good guy. I wish him and his family the best moving forward.

Interesting read in the Commonwealth Journal this morning. Seems biggest issue was with some parents over the past few years. After reading I cannot see Peyton staying at PC. Will be interesting to see where he may end up (if he leaves). My guess is Somerset may be getting a new PG. Parents can be the worst. Upset over playing time, I dont know who PC had but I dont know of many that would or should be playing over the Govers. Maybe the school can bring in someone with no connections to the area and straigthen some things out.

Interesting read in the Commonwealth Journal this morning. Seems biggest issue was with some parents over the past few years. After reading I cannot see Peyton staying at PC. Will be interesting to see where he may end up (if he leaves). My guess is Somerset may be getting a new PG. Parents can be the worst. Upset over playing time, I dont know who PC had but I dont know of many that would or should be playing over the Govers. Maybe the school can bring in someone with no connections to the area and straigthen some things out.

 

Do you have a link? Is Gover not going to pursue a coaching job elsewhere and take his son with him?

Sorry dont have link their website has not been updated yet (Homepage » Commonwealth Journal). In the article said he didn't know if he would be coaching again. Will take time and spend with family. I just mentioned Somerset since he went there and coached in the past and with Cothron coaching there and the relationship they have. I just can't see him sticking around Pulaski. That is a major blow to their squad.

Sorry dont have link their website has not been updated yet (Homepage » Commonwealth Journal). In the article said he didn't know if he would be coaching again. Will take time and spend with family. I just mentioned Somerset since he went there and coached in the past and with Cothron coaching there and the relationship they have. I just can't see him sticking around Pulaski. That is a major blow to their squad.

 

 

It's cool. That's very interesting. I wondered if he would apply to Mercer County and try to team his son up with Will Hager and Trevon Faulkner. Mercer has a decent freshman class also. Would be interesting if he applied. I can understand the desire to stay in the Somerset area and go Desean Jackson on Pulaski County also.

What does Somerset have in their freshman and soph classes?

What does Somerset have in their freshman and soph classes?
Somerset has a very strong 8th grade class and a very good freshman guard in Landon Powell.
Somerset has a very strong 8th grade class and a very good freshman guard in Landon Powell.

 

Our 8th grade team played them in the state tourney at KBA. Very solid team and I swear the whole team can shoot jumpers. I believe they came in second in the state tourney to Southern Pulaski.

Not that it matters, but the 8th grade also includes Cothrons son whose also a PG. Not sure how'd they mesh together but I'm sure it could work out if need be.

Not that it matters, but the 8th grade also includes Cothrons son whose also a PG. Not sure how'd they mesh together but I'm sure it could work out if need be.

 

I can remember a lot of good Teams that played with 2 or 3 Guards in line-up. Not a problem in my opinion.:clap:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.