Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Al Gover resigns at Pulaski County

Featured Replies

Somerset has a very strong 8th grade class and a very good freshman guard in Landon Powell.

 

Didn't Gover coach at Somerset prior to coming to Pulaski? Didn't the Powell kid leave Gover's program this year?

Interesting read in the Commonwealth Journal this morning. Seems biggest issue was with some parents over the past few years. After reading I cannot see Peyton staying at PC. Will be interesting to see where he may end up (if he leaves). My guess is Somerset may be getting a new PG. Parents can be the worst. Upset over playing time, I dont know who PC had but I dont know of many that would or should be playing over the Govers. Maybe the school can bring in someone with no connections to the area and straigthen some things out.

 

Sounds like another good coach bites the dust. When will schools learn to tell parents to shut up about playing time. I believe this is the 9th coach I know of (all sports not just Bball) that have resigned in just 2013/14 because of parents.

It seems to me that Gover did well so I can't speak to the specifics on that one. I will say that generally parent issues only become parent problems when there are additional issues - either on or off the court. Winning, and/or exceeding expectations, tends to make "those" parents' cries sound more like whispers.

Any word on this position? I am curious who applied. I am sure some head coaches would like this position.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.