I have no idea why I didn't get the job??

Watusi

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43683[/ATTACH]

I posted this on facebook yesterday and a guy told me I was closed minded and compared my thoughts to 1860's America. :idunno:

You are very closed minded. And closed nostriled, and closed earlobed, etc.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've never had to interview. However, I've been the interviewer many times. I'm not sure that there was a time that the appearance of the resume' ever really made much of an impact on me. While I'm not allowed to ask, I tried to determine if they were a smoker, because if it came down to it, and 2 were equal, I'd choose the non-smoker. I hired on communication skill more than anything else I suppose. I went off the reservation once, hired a chick because she was substantially hotter than the other candidate that I was considering. She had the personality of a pair of scissors and I told her it didn't work out after 2 weeks, and thankfully the other girl was still available and I hired her and she was a terrific employee. Yep, shallow Hal.

Learn your lesson?

I've been forced by my HR director and GM in a previous job to hire based upon looks and it always turned out disasterously. Most jobs require more than looks to execute well. Not that those with looks can't do a job well. But if the interview doesn't yield a satisfactory feeling that the good looking person can do the job, why hire them over a less good looking person?

Learn your lesson?

I've been forced by my HR director and GM in a previous job to hire based upon looks and it always turned out disasterously. Most jobs require more than looks to execute well. Not that those with looks can't do a job well. But if the interview doesn't yield a satisfactory feeling that the good looking person can do the job, why hire them over a less good looking person?

To have something to look at when you're bored? :idunno: :D

Maybe other jobs have that. I've never had a job where I had the luxury of being bored. :idunno: Always something to be done.

Sure, I learned over a 2 week period that she was sharp as a bowling ball. However, I've hired hot tomales in the past who have been stellar. It's not like every hot chick is a small fry shy of a happy meal. However, this one was missing the fries, burger and the drink. She was toy only.

Welp, maybe it made it easier for me to find a job out of college. Anything that sets me apart from others looking for a job is good imo.

I don't understand how you can go into an interview not dressed nice. Rule of thumb, wear something that is at least one step nicer than what you'd wear to work every day. I've never had a job interview where I didn't land the job.

Sure, I learned over a 2 week period that she was sharp as a bowling ball. However, I've hired hot tomales in the past who have been stellar. It's not like every hot chick is a small fry shy of a happy meal. However, this one was missing the fries, burger and the drink. She was toy only.

I expressly stated that not all good looking people aren't capable.

Was that toy designed for ages 35 and up? And most importantly, was it a boy toy or a girl toy or both????