Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sweet 16: Dayton vs. Stanford

Featured Replies

11 Reasons The Dayton Flyers Should Be America's Favorite Cinderella Team

 

First time in 30 years the University of Dayton has made the Sweet 16. That year, the Flyers were a 10 seed and pulled three consecutive upsets before falling to eventual national champion Georgetown in a regional final.

 

With Kansas falling in the Round of 32, we've got a battle of double-digit seeds tonight between Dayton and Stanford, with a trip to the Elite 8 on the line.

 

I don't mind telling you, I NEVER thought I'd be typing a sentence like that.

 

I don't think I did any real work this morning and I'm not sure how the afternoon is going to go...

  • Author
66-53 Stanford....Sorry Getslow.

 

Dayton was supposed to lose each of the last two games as well. A prediction against doesn't bother me. What I want to do is attempt to demonstrate not that Dayton will win, but that you all should WANT Dayton to win.

 

If I were to make an actual prediction, I'd say the Cardinal by eight.

I'd like to see Dayton win, but I'll probably have my TV on the Wisconsin vs. Baylor game and checking back to Dayton during commercials.

  • Author

Why You Should Cheer For Dayton, Exhibit A:

 

25 years ago they made this hilarious game intro for a matchup with Louisville.

 

[video=youtube;-c5auuBxXIU]

Pulling for Dayton & also predicting they win. By 2.

 

For Getslow's sake I hope it's not that close. I lost a good 5 years off my life during the Kentucky/Wichita State game, I can only imagine how bad it's been for him with both games coming down to the wire.

For Getslow's sake I hope it's not that close. I lost a good 5 years off my life during the Kentucky/Wichita State game, I can only imagine how bad it's been for him with both games coming down to the wire.

 

No doubt.

 

By the way Getslow, which team has your primary allegiance? Dayton or UL?

  • Author
For Getslow's sake I hope it's not that close. I lost a good 5 years off my life during the Kentucky/Wichita State game, I can only imagine how bad it's been for him with both games coming down to the wire.

 

Louisville's games against Manhattan and Saint Louis didn't help either.

 

I spent plenty of money to get great big pieces of paper from both Dayton and Louisville and how do they repay me? By trying to give me a heart attack.

  • Author
No doubt.

 

By the way Getslow, which team has your primary allegiance? Dayton or UL?

 

Since I enrolled at UD, they've played three times. I've cheered for UD in all three. Truth be told, I was a pretty passive UofL fan early on in my life (I grew up in a household where we cheered for WKU as both parents are alumni and Louisville was always the second choice.).

 

The first game was my senior year of high school. I knew I was going to UD and was a bit torn through the whole thing.

 

By the time of the last one, the year after I graduated, I was all in for the Flyers at US Bank Arena in Cincinnati.

 

UD won all three of those games against UofL in that time period and so, predictably, Pitino ran away from ever playing Dayton again. Just like his scurred-like-a-bird friends at Xavier, Cincinnati, Marquette and Notre Dame, who used to play Dayton every year.

  • Author

Hahahaha...

 

10155524_10152266282588830_648974769_n.jpg

  • Author

Lots of good stuff from the expert sheet-sign makers in the Ghetto this week. College, man...

 

BjoFgSDIIAA6dEv.jpg

Definitely pulling for Dayton, prediction is Stanford.

 

Stanford - 71

Dayton - 62

........

 

Previous to March 1st I would have said this is two of the worst in-game coaches in America and everyone would have nodded. Now, after two March wins apiece, several of you will surely feign outrage.

 

This will be fun to watch, but not exactly going to be a chess match from the two dudes standing up in suits.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.