TN Church Exiles Member Who Won't Publicly Condemn Daughter

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big difference in the two....Drug use is a choice. Homosexuality is not.

Not arguing at all, but what is that opinion based on? Is there proof, I've honestly never looked into it because it doesn't matter to be...has this been proven one way or the other or is that just the prevailing opinion?

Not arguing at all, but what is that opinion based on? Is there proof, I've honestly never looked into it because it doesn't matter to be...has this been proven one way or the other or is that just the prevailing opinion?

A google search will pull up dozens of articles/"studies" that say it's genetic, and dozens that say it's a choice. Basically it's still up for "debate", but IMO common sense tells us it's not a choice.

Ask anyone who's gay if they freely choose to be gay. I'd be willing to bet 100 out of 100 will say they always just knew they were, that they never had a choice.

Also, along those same lines, when did you make the conscious decision to like women? I know for me personally, it was never a choice, my body's always told me quite clearly I like women. :lol2:

A google search will pull up dozens of articles/"studies" that say it's genetic, and dozens that say it's a choice. Basically it's still up for "debate", but IMO common sense tells us it's not a choice.

Ask anyone who's gay if they freely choose to be gay. I'd be willing to bet 100 out of 100 will say they always just knew they were, that they never had a choice.

Also, along those same lines, when did you make the conscious decision to like women? I know for me personally, it was never a choice, my body's always told me quite clearly I like women. :lol2:

OK so it is your opinion, you may be right. Like I said I haven't really looked at this much. I do have several follow up questions but I'm not going to hijack this thread. I may or may not start a thread for that discussion...I dunno

I have always loved women. But I can say I find a guy good looking. Tom Brady is a good looking guy. Does that make me gay? NO

This is what I was refering to:

my body has told me I like women, but I still think a guy can be good looking. but obviously no attraction there.

you dont think some people try the gay lifestyle for kicks and like it. Not born that way but try it and stick with it.

This is what I was refering to:

my body has told me I like women, but I still think a guy can be good looking. but obviously no attraction there.

you dont think some people try the gay lifestyle for kicks and like it. Not born that way but try it and stick with it.

No, I don't. I think there are people that will sleep with both men and women, but they're not gay, they're bisexual.

I think there are more gay people that will try to be with the opposite sex because they "want to be straight" than there are people who just decide they want to give the "gay thing" a try.

It's a solid thread topic. We should probably start a separate thread for this, so as to stop our thread-jacking of this one. :D

No, I don't. I think there are people that will sleep with both men and women, but they're not gay, they're bisexual.

I think there are more gay people that will try to be with the opposite sex because they "want to be straight" than there are people who just decide they want to give the "gay thing" a try.

It's a solid thread topic. We should probably start a separate thread for this, so as to stop our thread-jacking of this one. :D

IMO bi-sexual is gay.

But I see it like a girl can be bi and no problem

but if a guy is bi, he is for sure gay.

Big difference in the two....Drug use is a choice. Homosexuality is not.

So you are saying if your kid was addicted to drugs, choice or not, that you wouldn't stand by them ? I can subscribe to homosexuality not being a choice but it seems short sighted to not also subscribe to addiction theory….kind of a same horse of a different color isn't it ?