Bardstown/Pleasure Ridge Park predictions (Sweet 16 1st Round)

Who Wins?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

Second most intriguing game of the first round. Maybe the most intriguing since PRP is a top team with Harris. Whether they can beat Bardstown without him is the HUGE question mark.

Bardstown is playing about five notches better than they did at any point in the regular season and district tournament. They shot better than 50 percent in the region and flat-out drilled their competition, holding opponents to under 40 percent. I haven't seen the turnover numbers and rebound margin numbers, but they were handily winning those battles, especially in the turnover department. If they can go into Rupp and not be shocked and awed by the bigness of the situation, they can be very dangerous.

Bardstown is playing about five notches better than they did at any point in the regular season and district tournament. They shot better than 50 percent in the region and flat-out drilled their competition, holding opponents to under 40 percent. I haven't seen the turnover numbers and rebound margin numbers, but they were handily winning those battles, especially in the turnover department. If they can go into Rupp and not be shocked and awed by the bigness of the situation, they can be very dangerous.

What can we expect from Bardstown?

PRP's losses to Western, Holy Cross, and Fern Creek might be concerning to some, but not me. I think that, on the whole, Louisville teams are underrated by observers from the rest of the state insofar as the depth of the regions aren't given their just due.

At the same time, I'd worry about PRP playing to the level of their competition, especially without Harris.