Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes /Cov Cath District tournament

Featured Replies

Does Holmes/Cov Cath gain an advantage by getting to play their District tournament at BOK?

  • Replies 36
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, by the time District 35 is done both teams will have had 3 games on that tough shooting court. Has to help.

  • Author

Did they have to get permission from the other ninth region teams to be able to play there? Seems a bit unfair to the other teams in the Regional Tournament.

I don't see it as an unfair advantage. Other host schools have just as much of a right and opportunity to try to move their district tournament there as Covcath did. (they are host school this year)

 

I'd personally like to see a "championship Saturday" event held there every year.

 

33rd Finals: 1:30

34th Finals: 3:30

36th Finals: 5:30

35th Finals: 7:30

Unfair, no. Advantage, yes. NCC and Dixie also have a valuable game on the court as well.

Did they have to get permission from the other ninth region teams to be able to play there? Seems a bit unfair to the other teams in the Regional Tournament.

 

So your upset that CovCath and the 35th was willing to do something, that no one else was willing to do?

 

Walter I can see the 36th, the 35th and the 34th doing it but the 33rd? Never!

So your upset that CovCath and the 35th was willing to do something, that no one else was willing to do?

 

Walter I can see the 36th, the 35th and the 34th doing it but the 33rd? Never!

 

Please share!!

From what I understand is that all that you have to do is ask the BOK. It is a separate entity from NKU, from what I understand and you would be surprised at what you can get done by asking the BOK. Holmes AD Stan Steidel was huge in getting the doubleheader at the BOK a few weeks ago and also in getting the 35th District moved up there.

Please share!!

'

Of course this is just my opinion but the 33rd has four rather large gyms and never have I when attending a game in any of those gyms, have I seen them anywhere close to be sold out.

 

Now I don't know why but the 33rd teams other than Cooper, just don't get many fans into the seats at their Basketball games!

'

Of course this is just my opinion but the 33rd has four rather large gyms and never have I when attending a game in any of those gyms, have I seen them anywhere close to be sold out.

 

Now I don't know why but the 33rd teams other than Cooper, just don't get many fans into the seats at their Basketball games!

 

Duh, Statman, that should have been obvious, but I thought it was something juicier than that.

Does Holmes/Cov Cath gain an advantage by getting to play their District tournament at BOK?

 

Of course it gives them more playing time on the large floor,I say that equals a Plus,,,I do not know if that is enough to disrail NCC. This is still a high school game, play the district at Holmes,large gym, and rotate schools serving as host school....

Of course it gives them more playing time on the large floor,I say that equals a Plus,,,I do not know if that is enough to disrail NCC. This is still a high school game, play the district at Holmes,large gym, and rotate schools serving as host school....

 

Did you know that CovCath and Holmes when playing their Regular season and District Seeding game, sold out the Holmes gym, so why not take advantage of even a larger crowd and gain an advantage to boot. Then again both could get up set and then Holy Cross or Beechwood could be playing in the Championship Game.:idunno:

 

As far as NCC goes, 32-27 at Half Time CovCath

Did you know that CovCath and Holmes when playing their Regular season and District Seeding game, sold out the Holmes gym, so why not take advantage of even a larger crowd and gain an advantage to boot. Then again both could get up set and then Holy Cross or Beechwood could be playing in the Championship Game.:idunno:

 

As far as NCC goes, 32-27 at Half Time CovCath

 

I have also seen those two teams play at Holmes if front of 1500 fans.Thats exactly what it was,a half time score of a game that does not even exist in the books..

I have also seen those two teams play at Holmes if front of 1500 fans.Thats exactly what it was,a half time score of a game that does not even exist in the books..

 

I too have seen games at the BOKC where 1000 fans weren't there but then again the NKU men and women teams still play there and not at Regents!

 

But then, it was the score at Half time now wasn't it, whether it was official or not, it was the score at Half Time!

I too have seen games at the BOKC where 1000 fans weren't there but then again the NKU men and women teams still play there and not at Regents!

 

But then, it was the score at Half time now wasn't it, whether it was official or not, it was the score at Half Time!

 

FYI,,I am not a NCC fan either, I just like HS basketball fan in general,,I believe I remember seeing that score somewhere, but I can not find in the records,,,,,LOL,,,,,

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.