Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bell Co. 61 Barbourville 48

Featured Replies

WOW! :jump:

 

Didnt get to watch this one, but a 13 point win against the #2 team in the region. I think they managed this one without the help of Trey Goins which is even more impressive.

 

This win comes after a convincing win against Knox and a huge win against #3 Clay. Bell is riding something like a 8 game win streak going into their game against the #1 team in the region. That game is at South Laurel and not sure my Bobcats have it in them, but they are definantly playing "big time" right now.

 

So....... Les........ are the Bobcats top 5 yet???? :D They may be making a case for being the #2 team in the region!!! I will have to make the trip to Laurel to watch the Cards and Bobcats duke it out! :fight:

 

Nice win Bobcats!

WOW! Didnt get to watch this one, but a 13 point win against the #2 team in the region. I think they managed this one without the help of Trey Goins which is even more impressive.

 

This win comes after a convincing win against Knox and a huge win against Clay. Bell is riding something like a 8 game win streak going in to their game against the #1 team in the region. That game is at South Laurel and not sure my Bobcats have it in them, but they are definantly playing "big time" right now.

 

So....... Les........ are the Bobcats top 5 yet???? :D

 

Nice win Bobcats!

Very nice win. This could be the best coaching job Whitaker has ever done. It would be interesting to see the upset come. Is the game this Friday?

  • Author
Very nice win. This could be the best coaching job Whitaker has ever done. It would be interesting to see the upset come. Is the game this Friday?

 

Thursday at South Laurel at 6:00 pm according to the KHSAA website.

WOW! :jump:

 

Didnt get to watch this one, but a 13 point win against the #2 team in the region. I think they managed this one without the help of Trey Goins which is even more impressive.

 

This win comes after a convincing win against Knox and a huge win against #3 Clay. Bell is riding something like a 8 game win streak going into their game against the #1 team in the region. That game is at South Laurel and not sure my Bobcats have it in them, but they are definantly playing "big time" right now.

 

So....... Les........ are the Bobcats top 5 yet???? :D They may be making a case for being the #2 team in the region!!! I will have to make the trip to Laurel to watch the Cards and Bobcats duke it out! :fight:

 

Nice win Bobcats!

 

 

Making a case for No. 2? Where have I heard that before?

No, they're for sure not No. 2 just yet....let'em play North and then we'll see. I am impressed with the Bobcats though. Dinky's boys look like they have peaked too early.........again.

  • Author
Making a case for No. 2? Where have I heard that before?

 

LOL....... you are a prophet I guess. I wasnt so sure when you said that. But after knocking off what has been the #2 and #3 teams for almost the entire season, I think you are right. They make a good case. :thumb:

No, they're for sure not No. 2 just yet....let'em play North and then we'll see. I am impressed with the Bobcats though. Dinky's boys look like they have peaked too early.........again.

 

 

I think Bell should be #2. They beat Clay and Clay beat North. Who has North beat?

  • Author
No, they're for sure not No. 2 just yet....let'em play North and then we'll see. I am impressed with the Bobcats though. Dinky's boys look like they have peaked too early.........again.

 

 

First its let em play Clay. Then its let em play B'ville. Now its let em play North! Come on. Sad thing is...... they probably wont play North unless its in the region.

 

They do get to play SL though, but SL is coming off a huge upset loss and will probably be ready to prove they are still the team to beat in the 13th. Bell will either make it a close game, and maybe pull the upset (which I doubt), or SL will make it ugly (the more likely scenario).

 

Either way...... how is Bell not a possible #2. They have just recently beat the #2 and #3 teams. Not to mention they are playing extremely well right now with an 8 game win streak. Sure North has won 2 games recently, one against Rock and one against Pulaski. However, Bell beat that same Pulaski team just recently as well.

 

If you are telling me North is the #2 team once again, be default due to Clay and Barbourville's losses, then that's crazy. I mean...... I am skeptical at putting Bell in the #2 spot as well. On paper they probably arent the #2 team. But IMO they have earned it where it matters, ON THE COURT!

  • Author
I think Bell should be #2. They beat Clay and Clay beat North. Who has North beat?

 

I agree Bell should be #2, but I think your logic is faulty, even though it makes a decent case.

using the formula that les has this season I guess Pineville should be Number 2 team in the region. Accoring to the regional standings P-ville is number two and they only have lost to Barbourville twice and Clay once this season. Not to mention with the one remaining game they should be 22-5 by seasons end. Doesn't all that matters is win's and losses?

 

Scott

Bahrain

As an after thought what does your Rankings look like?

 

scott

  • Author
As an after thought what does your Rankings look like?

 

scott

 

After last night, and considering the season as a whole:

 

1.) SL - still the team to beat in the 13th despite there upset loss to Boyle

2.) Bell Co. - playing extremely well right now with an 8 game win streak,and they have defeated both Clay and Barbourville in the last month, doing all this with key injuries

3.) Clay Co. - after a win against Corbin they remain the #3 team

4.) NL

5a.) Barbourville

5b.) Corbin

7.) Pineville

 

In all honesty...... I think Corbin could be #5, but I just didnt think Barbourville losing to Bell meant they should drop from #2 to #6, not to mention Corbin just lost to Clay last week. I think Barbourville has peaked too soon, and Corbin is the defending regional champs, and are very solid when they are clicking. Because of this dilemma I took the easy way out and listed Barbourville and Corbin as #5a and #5b. :D

 

NL is starting to get things in line and should reenter the top 5 IMO. Corbin is just barley not in. Pineville, IMO, despite their turn-around season is overrated, and although they could COMPETE with the top 5, I dont think they could WIN against any of them. However, 2-7 are all interchangeable and anything could happen, so of course, I could be wrong about P'ville.

Great Win for bell Co.

  • Author
using the formula that les has this season I guess Pineville should be Number 2 team in the region. Accoring to the regional standings P-ville is number two and they only have lost to Barbourville twice and Clay once this season. Not to mention with the one remaining game they should be 22-5 by seasons end. Doesn't all that matters is win's and losses? Scott

Bahrain

 

I think it does. But those 2 losses to B'ville and their loss to Clay just really stick out like a sore thumb. Especially when Bell has beat both of those teams in the last month.

I agree Bell should be #2, but I think your logic is faulty, even though it makes a decent case.

 

Bell probably deserves to be #2, they are 12-3 inside the region with a head to head win over Clay Co. and in two of the losses their best player was out.

 

I cannot see North Laurel as #2, they have a 2-4 record inside the region with the two wins against M'boro and Cawood and the losses to Clay, Corbin and two to South Laurel.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.