Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mock Draft

Featured Replies

D League is no mans land for most players, while the players are learning to play in the D, the next wave of stars from college enter the league. Sure some will make it but I rather spend 2-3 years in college to be sure I make it.

 

I think that is changing some now though. More teams are making use of it as a developmental tool for younger players, especially now with the 1 & Done rules.

I think that both Harrisons have the tools to be guys who play a few years in the NBA at the least.

 

Before I make this statement, let me qualify it: I have been in Texas and haven't been able to see as many games as others since all of UK's games haven't been televised here.

 

Based on my observations, offensively, Aaron Harrison's skill set has been better than I expected (i.e., his ability to handle the ball, distribute, etc.). Andrew's abilities on the offensive end haven't met my expectation, particularly in terms of foot speed. Both of them leave lots to be desired on the defensive end, especially in terms of pick and rolls, which are the bread and butter of NBA offenses). I also think they could do a little more on the glass. Their body language and perceived "coachability" needs lots of work, but is showing signs of progress.

I think you are being a little extreme in your comments. Hyperbole at it's finest. They aren't freak athletes but they have plenty of athleticism to play in the NBA.

 

Not really. They're not NBA caliber athletes. They're more on parable athletically to Derk Fisher than a Westbrook or Rose. For back court positions they'd be among the five or six least athletic guards in the league that are under 35. Young would be a very average NBA athlete and he looks like Bo Jackson compared to the Harrisons.

...........

 

I think nbadraft.net (2014 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net) is the best at this type of thing, and if you review both 2014's mock and 2015's mock, you'll see the Harrisons at the bottom of the 1st round in 2015. In case you were wondering.

 

There has been a LOT of movement on the 2014 first round from October until now, which underscores that these folks are paying attention.

At this point, the only guys that have a shot at a 1st round pick are Randle and Young....

I don't understand peoples problem with going to the D-league. If you put in the work you have a better chance getting better in the D-league than you do college basketball. When basketball is your job and you don't have to worry about class you speed up your development.

 

It's like you said it is all about what is more important them. I think Terrance Jones spending his first year in the league mostly in the D-league is what helped him become the player he is this year.

 

Truth - no one ever questions baseball players spending a couple years in the minors - some spending careers in the minors..it's development without the distractions.

At this point, the only guys that have a shot at a 1st round pick are Randle and Young....

 

Agree 1000000000%

Truth - no one ever questions baseball players spending a couple years in the minors - some spending careers in the minors..it's development without the distractions.

 

agree.

Truth - no one ever questions baseball players spending a couple years in the minors - some spending careers in the minors..it's development without the distractions.

 

True but college is supposed to be the minors in bball. D League is generally for those who shouldn't have left early but want to he paid something now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.