Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Browns attempting to hire Mike Pettine as head coach

Featured Replies

I almost feel bad for Cleveland fans. They had what... 3 or 4 coaches turn them down before they hired someone. This is the NFL... and people are turning you down.

13 years ago the guy was the head coach at North Penn High School in PA.

 

Some of you might remember the show on ESPN, "The Season"? It was kind of a short version of MTV's "Two a Days" before it became a hit.

 

His dad was/is a LEGEND in Pennsylvania HS Football.

 

I'm not going to sit here and act like I knew all of that off the top of my head, but after doing some research, it all started coming back to me. I remember watching "The Season". One of, if not THE big story of this show was father vs. son. One (his dad the longtime coach at Central Bucks West and junior at North Penn).

 

 

Awesome story. Been a Redskins fan all my life, but Ill definitely be sporting some Browns stuff and pulling for them

 

Thanks for the info, I remember watching that show and have never forgotten CB West. I thought that was a cool school name.

  • Author

Am I the only Browns fan bothered by that press conference yesterday?

Am I the only Browns fan bothered by that press conference yesterday?

 

What bothered you about it?

  • Author
What bothered you about it?

 

I go back to the press conference after Chud was fired and management saying the search will take some time to find the right candidate for the job, blah, blah, blah. One of the reporters said something like, so can we start calling Haslam, Banner, and Lombardi (management) the Three Stooges, are you ever gonna get this right?

 

So, in the press conference yesterday, Banner steps up and the first thing out of his mouth is, "So, Mike Lombardi is Larry, and I'm Mo, and we found Curly," referring to Pettine because he's bald. I was thinking to myself, the team is the laughing stock of the league and you're gonna stand up there and make a joke out of hiring your new head coach. What an a--!! I was and am more than a little peeved at that. Maybe, I'm over-reacting, but with everything this franchise has been through in the last 15 years, I want management to take the hiring of their head coach a little more seriously than that. There will be time for joking around when they start getting to and winning some meaningful games in January.

Had not seen the press conference Statman, but can see how someone could be offended by their approach. Probably not the way you should do the introduction of the guy who's supposed to be leading you to the promised land.

I go back to the press conference after Chud was fired and management saying the search will take some time to find the right candidate for the job, blah, blah, blah. One of the reporters said something like, so can we start calling Haslam, Banner, and Lombardi (management) the Three Stooges, are you ever gonna get this right?

 

So, in the press conference yesterday, Banner steps up and the first thing out of his mouth is, "So, Mike Lombardi is Larry, and I'm Mo, and we found Curly," referring to Pettine because he's bald. I was thinking to myself, the team is the laughing stock of the league and you're gonna stand up there and make a joke out of hiring your new head coach. What an a--!! I was and am more than a little peeved at that. Maybe, I'm over-reacting, but with everything this franchise has been through in the last 15 years, I want management to take the hiring of their head coach a little more seriously than that. There will be time for joking around when they start getting to and winning some meaningful games in January.

 

Honestly, I thought it was a good idea to do that. They obviously know what everyone is saying about them and Banner started it off with that to lighten the mood in the room. The Cleveland media was ready to tear them to pieces. A lot of people are complaning about how they just let Pettine do the questions. Honestly, this day was about Pettine and not them. I was glad to see them let him have his moment otherwise every question would have been directed to Banner and Haslam. Personally, I didn't have a problem with it. I understand where you are coming from though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.