Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newcath/Holy Cross

Featured Replies

A lot of you have said Newcath has already won this tournament but can Holy Cross pull off the big upset... I remember last years game at newcath and HC played right with Newcath. (someone said the freethrows were like 45-2 in which imo made the difference). Just wondering haven't seen either team this year and was going to the game on Friday. Good luck to both schools...

Holy Cross Internet Radio will be broadcasting this game live from St. Henry tomorrow night. Will open a new thread with link sometime today.

 

As for the game. NCC is the clear favorite on paper but we all know games aren't played on paper. I think HC has to have a "similar" game plan as to what Highlands had when they knocked off the Breds a few weeks ago which was to pack it in on Kiernan and Mayes and hope the guards of NCC don't hit the outside jumpers. Limiting touches for Kiernan and Mayes down low and keeping the HC twins out of foul trouble will be the keys to the game IMO.

Holy Cross Internet Radio will be broadcasting this game live from St. Henry tomorrow night. Will open a new thread with link sometime today.

 

As for the game. NCC is the clear favorite on paper but we all know games aren't played on paper. I think HC has to have a "similar" game plan as to what Highlands had when they knocked off the Breds a few weeks ago which was to pack it in on Kiernan and Mayes and hope the guards of NCC don't hit the outside jumpers. Limiting touches for Kiernan and Mayes down low and keeping the HC twins out of foul trouble will be the keys to the game IMO.

 

I agree. And HC has something HHS didn't have...a pair of 6'2" twins in the middle. If they stay out of foul trouble early, this could get really interesting. If they don't, I think NCC wins going away.

 

I do think NCC wins this one, but this is their toughest challenge on the way to the title. I would love to go to this game, but our head coach scheduled softball workouts tonight. Darnit!

I agree. And HC has something HHS didn't have...a pair of 6'2" twins in the middle. If they stay out of foul trouble early, this could get really interesting. If they don't, I think NCC wins going away.

 

I do think NCC wins this one, but this is their toughest challenge on the way to the title. I would love to go to this game, but our head coach scheduled softball workouts tonight. Darnit!

 

Regional title or State title? I'm assuming you mean regional title.

Regional title or State title? I'm assuming you mean regional title.

 

Yes, regional. Sorry. I don't think the state title will be an easy road. As you know, there are many very good small schools out there.

RCC this game is tomorrow night.

 

Well then maybe I can get out there! Maybe I'll bring some of the "big school" kids out to watch.

I agree. And HC has something HHS didn't have...a pair of 6'2" twins in the middle. If they stay out of foul trouble early, this could get really interesting. If they don't, I think NCC wins going away.

 

I do think NCC wins this one, but this is their toughest challenge on the way to the title. I would love to go to this game, but our head coach scheduled softball workouts tonight. Darnit!

 

Well that guy is an idiot. :lol:

Yes, regional. Sorry. I don't think the state title will be an easy road. As you know, there are many very good small schools out there.

 

Just making sure. I didn't think you were that much of an NCC proponent that you were already crowning them to the greatest tournament in KY. :clap:

While HC is the biggest threat to NCC I don't think it will be close.

Both teams are offensively challenged at times. Could be a 38-32 game or could be a 78-72 game.

Both teams are offensively challenged at times. Could be a 38-32 game or could be a 78-72 game.

 

I think it will be closer to the first one. I don't think HC wants any part of running up and down the court with NCC, nor do i feel they can. I hope it's a good game, but I'm leaning towards what Clyde said.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.