Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Laettners Jersey worn during "The Shot" to be auctioned

Featured Replies

  • Author
Yes, it is played a lot. Not going to deny that. But, on the other hand, how many times have we seen Gibson's homer off of Eckersley, or Montana to Clark in the end zone, and many, many other great moments in sports It (showing it multiple times) has nothing to do with promoting Duke over UK...it's just one of the great shots in the sport's history. Why shouldn't they (tv) play it?

 

I am, however, glad to hear that you've been able to move on.

I don't look at it as promoting Duke over UK...I look at it as salt in a wound :lol2:

 

BTW Gibson's Homer and Clark's Catch are shown a lot but probably only about 15% as much as that Dang Shot is!

Wasn't the Buckner Ball or Bartman Ball blown up and destroyed by an auction winner to exercise the demons associated with it?

 

Yes it was (I know the Bartman ball was).

 

Fat lot of good it has done the Cubbies.

I don't look at it as promoting Duke over UK...I look at it as salt in a wound :lol2:

 

BTW Gibson's Homer and Clark's Catch are shown a lot but probably only about 15% as much as that Dang Shot is!

 

Hogwash. UK fans are the most freakin' petty in the world because of that damned shot. It was a huge moment in the history of college basketball. That means it's bigger than UK and does not revolve around some nefarious media conspiracy to upset Kentucky fans. Get. Over. It.

  • Author
Hogwash. UK fans are the most freakin' petty in the world because of that damned shot. It was a huge moment in the history of college basketball. That means it's bigger than UK and does not revolve around some nefarious media conspiracy to upset Kentucky fans. Get. Over. It.

 

:lol2: = I did get over it and was making light of it!

 

I agree that is was a big historical moment but a Much Bigger moment was the NC State AirBall Dunk to beat Houston in the Freakin Championship Game, even it isn't shown as much...But I digress you hate UK and see everything their fans say or do as being petty...carry on!

:lol2: = I did get over it and was making light of it!

 

I agree that is was a big historical moment but a Much Bigger moment was the NC State AirBall Dunk to beat Houston in the Freakin Championship Game, even it isn't shown as much...But I digress you hate UK and see everything their fans say or do as being petty...carry on!

 

Hating a team over a shot that happened 20+ years ago is petty. :lol2: No other way to spin it.

  • Author
Hating a team over a shot that happened 20+ years ago is petty. :lol2: No other way to spin it.

I don't hate Duke over that shot or that game...It's their Body of Work I don't like :lol2:...I respect them...but I don't like them.

:lol2: = I did get over it and was making light of it!

 

I agree that is was a big historical moment but a Much Bigger moment was the NC State AirBall Dunk to beat Houston in the Freakin Championship Game, even it isn't shown as much...But I digress you hate UK and see everything their fans say or do as being petty...carry on!

 

A couple of things:

 

A) If that shot doesn't still bother you, why are you sitting here griping about another big shot that "isn't shown as much."

 

B) If that Laettner shot doesn't still bother you, why are you sitting here even trying to downplay the significance of the UK-Duke game to the point of propping up another one (Hou-NCSU), just so you won't have to relive the pain as much from that shot? Even though it is widely accepted as the greatest game in college basketball history?

 

C) I do not cheer for UK. This is a fact. But this fact doesn't change the fact that UK fans are still incredibly petty and unable/unwilling to let go of pain from a game 20+ years ago. Every team has some big play like that in their history that went against them. Just because you're UK and have one of the great traditions in college hoops doesn't mean you get the privilege to whine incessantly about this game. There is no conspiracy. Get. Over. It.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.