Paintsville 92 Johnson Central 68

I don't think we can expect Paintsville to score 32 points in a quarter every game, and I don't think that we can expect them to hit 70% plus from the field every game, BUT this was one of the best games that I have seen the Tigers play this year. They need to keep working on D, but this was a big improvement over their other games!!

Maybe it is the JC gymnasium? What is Paintsville's record there over the last 4 years? If I am not mistaken, it is pretty good!!

everybody is praising the points the tigers scored. I praise Daniel Pugh. He scored 8 points, but he took the eagles offense away. He did a great job on McCarty and that disturbed the Eagle offense.

Daniel did a great job on McCarty. I'm not sure how many points JM had, but it seemed he never got into his offensive flow. This is completely attributed to Daniel Pugh.

Daniel did a great job on McCarty. I'm not sure how many points JM had, but it seemed he never got into his offensive flow. This is completely attributed to Daniel Pugh.

Pugh is one of the top defensive players in the region.

everybody is praising the points the tigers scored. I praise Daniel Pugh. He scored 8 points, but he took the eagles offense away. He did a great job on McCarty and that disturbed the Eagle offense.

I posted on here before the season even started that Daniel Pugh would be the best defensive player in the region and he has lived up to that high praise. Central started the game by running their 2-2-1 press and after 8 minutes of play they were down 32-11. Paintsville did shoot very well from the field, but when you break a press like they did the result is will be lay-ups and open jumpers. Hats off to the coaching staff of Paintsville. Coach Runyon and staff have the Tigers playing well at the perfect time.

Coach Runyon and staff have the Tigers playing well at the perfect time.

One game does not constitute playing well as it takes about 4 out of 5 to win the region. This game is always played on great emotion and intensity. I think the region is wide open. Congrats to the Tigers but they have to maintain consistency that has been missing all year.

One game does not constitute playing well as it takes about 4 out of 5 to win the region. This game is always played on great emotion and intensity. I think the region is wide open. Congrats to the Tigers but they have to maintain consistency that has been missing all year.

This game and the district and regional games will also be played with great emotion and intensity and the coaching staff had Paintsville prepared for this game so I am confident that the Tigers will keep playing at this level. I agree that you can't just turn intensity on and off like a light switch; but a great preformance like this one can provide some much needed confidence for the post season.

This game and the district and regional games will also be played with great emotion and intensity and the coaching staff had Paintsville prepared for this game so I am confident that the Tigers will keep playing at this level. I agree that you can't just turn intensity on and off like a light switch; but a great preformance like this one can provide some much needed confidence for the post season.

No doubt this is a momentum builder. I was referring to losses to Betsy Lane and East Ridge recently. Pikeville swept East Ridge so I know Paintsville obviously wasnt ready then. The District and Region are intense.

Did anyone else think this game was very physical? 90% of the action was just 2 teams playing hard. However, at times the emotion of the game seemed to get the best of the players( and this went both ways.) Maybe its just me but it did seem that the refs let it go on too long.

By no means did the refs have anything to do with this Eagle defeat but I do feel like they let to much go on away from the ball. I feel like we were out coached, out played, out cheered, and Paintsville even had a better band. We are a better team than we showed if that team shows up in the district tournament it will be one and out. JC has worked to hard for that to happen.

By no means did the refs have anything to do with this Eagle defeat but I do feel like they let to much go on away from the ball. I feel like we were out coached, out played, out cheered, and Paintsville even had a better band. We are a better team than we showed if that team shows up in the district tournament it will be one and out. JC has worked to hard for that to happen.

I don't think the refs had anything to do with the outcome, I was just saying they let both sides play physical and it sometimes crossed the line.

Also, a big :thumb: to the pep section of Paintsville. By far their best showing and preformance of the year.