4th Region coming into Tournament time

Ok, i'll try to do my best to enlighten everyone on the 4th regions activities as of late.

Right now the 13th district looks to be led by Franklin-Simpson and Russellville, with F-S coming in with a 5-1 district record (lone loss to Logan Co. on Dec. 13th) and Russellville with a 3-3 record. Todd County Central also has a 3-3 record in the district but FS swept them during the regular season with 60-48 and 60-45 victories.

For the first time in years the 14th district is getting exciting. For the last couple of years this district has been ran by Warren Central, with Bowling Green following behind with the 2nd seed. This year Warren Central still holds the top spot, but with one district loss (To Bowling Green on Jan. 27th). Coming in second place would be Greenwood, who in my opinion has done an outstanding job so far comparing to recent years. They've swept BG in the season series, but now have to face them a 3rd time in the district tournament. Warren East brings up the pack in the 4th seed.

Now we go into the 15th district which is currently being led by Allen County Scottsville and Barren County. They both have 5-1 records in district (with lone losses coming from each other). A coin flip has determined the seeds of the district (Glasgow and Monroe Co. also tied in District race), i'm not quite sure of the results but I do know in the first round of the 15th district tourny that ACS and Glasgow play each other as Barren takes on Monroe Co. In my opinion in this district, ACS is peaking at the right time with a 12 game winning streak on the line against Franklin-Simpson, and then the big game to determine the #1 seed in the region against Warren Central.

The 16th district features the new kid on the Block Russell County. I believe that the 16th district is the more confusing of the districts due to the fact that Russell Co. swept Metcalfe County, who ended up sweeping Clinton Co. who ended up sweeping Russell Co. in the process. The 16th's 4th seed is Cumberland Co.

Ok, sorry if I confused anyone, but as you can see... the 4th region this year has turned out to be very interesting. Now I leave you with MY 4th region top 10 going into Tournament time

1. Warren Central- They're my #1 unless Allen County-Scottsville knocks them off.

2. Allen County-Scottsville- Impress 12 game winning streak including huge wins against Greenwood and Barren County

------------------------------------------------------

this is where the fun starts

3. Greenwood- I dont know why, but this team IMO has the most potiental to upset the top 2. Granted they've lost to both, but anything can happen during Tourny time

4. Barren Co.- They've lost to WC, Gwood, and ACS... but traditionally Barren does well during the Tournament. I believe Steve Riley will have Barren prepared to beat ACS in the 15th district finals AS LONG as they dont overlook Monroe (if ACS and Barren meet up as planned).

5. Bowling Green- If they can make it past Greenwood and beat them for the first time this season, I believe they can possibly make it to the 4th region finals if they play with enough energy like they did when they BEAT Central. If they come out flat then they are one and done.

6. Franklin-Simpson- I really dont know much about them as I havent seen them this year, but they seem to be playing well as of late.

7. Russellville- Started off rough losing 2 region games in a row to subpar teams (Glasgow and Todd County Central), but ended up winning the 4th region all "A" classic and going to Richmond.

8. Clinton County- Led by Tallent and Vitatoe they came within 11 points of knocking off defending state champ South Laruel. They've been inconsistent in the 16th district which is why they arent ranked higher.

9. Russell County- At the beginning of the season everyone had Russell Co. ranked dead last of the 4th region. I'm guessing due because they're new? They've shown they can compete with the big boys of the 4th (beating Barren Co. 61-47), but they've also shown they can choke at any giving time (Losing to the 3-18 Cumberland Co. by 2 and getting swept by Clinton Co.).

9. Glasgow- The most inconsitent team in the 4th regon. They can beat Warren Central, but then reel off 6 straight losses. They host the 15th district tourney but have to play ACS in the first round, which is not good news if ACS continues to dominate they have been doing.

Ok, thanks for reading this. I've tried my best to analyze the 4th for you. I'll try to do it again after the districts.

Well it really depends. There are a number of teams that can knock off Warren Central. They've lost to Glasgow and Bowling Green in the 4th. The Glasgow loss shows ANYONE can beat Central on any given night. So yes, F-S has more then enough talent to knock down WC.

PS. I love that avatar :thumb:

One of my buddies keeps telling me that Franklin is the dark horse candidate to knock off WC. Granted, he's biased, but I trust his judgement on a lot of stuff because he knows I'll call shenanigans on him.

Is he blowing smoke at me?

I'd definitely call Franklin-Simpson a dark horse candidate. The thing about Central though is that once they get to Diddle, almost everything favors them. They're a running team and the wider floor favors them. AC/S is a team that runs, and I don't think they'll win a running game with the Dragons. IMO, the team with the best shot at the Dragons is the Gators, but the Dragons always seem to have their number.

Well it really depends. There are a number of teams that can knock off Warren Central. They've lost to Glasgow and Bowling Green in the 4th. The Glasgow loss shows ANYONE can beat Central on any given night. So yes, F-S has more then enough talent to knock down WC.

PS. I love that avatar :thumb:

Thanks! :thumb:

I'd definitely call Franklin-Simpson a dark horse candidate. The thing about Central though is that once they get to Diddle, almost everything favors them. They're a running team and the wider floor favors them. AC/S is a team that runs, and I don't think they'll win a running game with the Dragons. IMO, the team with the best shot at the Dragons is the Gators, but the Dragons always seem to have their number.

True. Some things never change. WC was doing this 10+ years ago when I would watch the 4th tourney when I was going to Western.

Great post guys....always enjoying reading post on other regions. I have a favor to ask....for those of us who do not know who the Dragons ( W.C.?) and Gators ( ?) are ....could you post the school name too....just till we get familar with them...thanks. Keep the info coming. :thumb: