Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Collins 2013

Featured Replies

Actually Collins was the better team yesterday and not because of the last play. They were clearly the better team throught the entire game and to say otherwise and to suggest they were both even is discredit to Collins.

 

HHS a very good team, but Collins was better long before the 4th qtr yesterday.

 

Agreed…agreed. Collins first drive set the tone. Physically were whipping Highlands I thought & were athletically better in several spots.

 

Congrats Collins, and to the Birds, you are still the best program in the state of Kentucky as far as I'm concerned. 6 Titles and 1 Runner up in seven years says it all IMO.

Look dont take this the wrong way but if a team outplays another team the whole game and has to complete a pass on the last play of the game to win...not sure Collins was the better team...they won the game but if they outplayed HHS the whole game how come thery were not up by 20??? Look i am not a sore loser. Congrats to Collins they deserve it for sure but for you to say they outplayed HHS the whole game then how come the score was 34-30 HHS with 14 seconds left? Collins was the better team last night and your on crack if you dont think it was an upset. Teams that are better than other teams that outplay teams the whole game are not down 34-30 with 14 seconds left. JMO...again congrats to Collins the deserve it!

Look dont take this the wrong way but if a team outplays another team the whole game and has to complete a pass on the last play of the game to win...not sure Collins was the better team...they won the game but if they outplayed HHS the whole game how come thery were not up by 20??? Look i am not a sore loser. Congrats to Collins they deserve it for sure but for you to say they outplayed HHS the whole game then how come the score was 34-30 HHS with 14 seconds left? Collins was the better team last night and your on crack if you dont think it was an upset. Teams that are better than other teams that outplay teams the whole game are not down 34-30 with 14 seconds left. JMO...again congrats to Collins the deserve it!

Collins did things that an underdog team isn't supposed to do. 1st off they scored first and when HHSS came right back to tie it up Collins still kept outplaying HHS offensivley. They went up by 9 andd yes could of been evem more if not for a couple of miracle catches in traffic and tipped balls that bailed HHS out a couple of drives. Turn the tables, if HHS was the better team then why did they continue to have to play from behind the majority of the game?

 

I also didn't say it wasnt an upset. I never watched Collins play in person this year, i do know they played great in the playoffs. I saw HHS play 3 times in person this year. Just because Highlands was favored to win doesn't automatically say they outplayed Collins yesterday, Collins was the better team in that game yessterday, upset or no upset that is a fact.

Look,both were great teams, but don't mistake a 5 min run by HHS to overcome a 2 score deficit as meaning Highlands outplayed Collins the entire game. You and a few others bring up that ladst play aand talk about if it was tipped and fell incomplete then we wouldn't say Collins outplayed highlands eetc. You are wrong, the better team in a game doesn't always come out on top like yesterdays gamee. Sometimes the better team actually loses. Collins outplayed Highlands yestrday period. It's nnot taking anything away from Highlands, but you sayng that wasn't the case is deffinatley taking something away from Collins.

Collins did things that an underdog team isn't supposed to do. 1st off they scored first and when HHSS came right back to tie it up Collins still kept outplaying HHS offensivley. They went up by 9 andd yes could of been evem more if not for a couple of miracle catches in traffic and tipped balls that bailed HHS out a couple of drives. Turn the tables, if HHS was the better team then why did they continue to have to play from behind the majority of the game?

 

I also didn't say it wasnt an upset. I never watched Collins play in person this year, i do know they played great in the playoffs. I saw HHS play 3 times in person this year. Just because Highlands was favored to win doesn't automatically say they outplayed Collins yesterday, Collins was the better team in that game yessterday, upset or no upset that is a fact.

Look,both were great teams, but don't mistake a 5 min run by HHS to overcome a 2 score deficit as meaning Highlands outplayed Collins the entire game. You and a few others bring up that ladst play aand talk about if it was tipped and fell incomplete then we wouldn't say Collins outplayed highlands eetc. You are wrong, the better team in a game doesn't always come out on top like yesterdays gamee. Sometimes the better team actually loses. Collins outplayed Highlands yestrday period. It's nnot taking anything away from Highlands, but you sayng that wasn't the case is deffinatley taking something away from Collins.

 

Not saying Highlands outplayed Collins at all I just dont think Collins outplayed HHS the WHOLE game like some are saying thats all. Collins was the better team last night and thats all that matters. Collins played great and Highlands didnt some of that was because of Collins but thats what has to happen if you want to knock the king off the mountain. I still think Highlands has the better team and i may take some crap for that and thats fine. I just think if Highlands plays great and Collins didnt we wouldnt be talking about a last second touchdown to win the game for HHS. JMO

Not saying Highlands outplayed Collins at all I just dont think Collins outplayed HHS the WHOLE game like some are saying thats all. Collins was the better team last night and thats all that matters. Collins played great and Highlands didnt some of that was because of Collins but thats what has to happen if you want to knock the king off the mountain. I still think Highlands has the better team and i may take some crap for that and thats fine. I just think if Highlands plays great and Collins didnt we wouldnt be talking about a last second touchdown to win the game for HHS. JMO

 

You are right, if Collins didn't outplay Highlands we wouldn't be talking about the last sec TD because it would never of come down to that.

You are right, if Collins didn't outplay Highlands we wouldn't be talking about the last sec TD because it would never of come down to that.

 

If your a Collins fan does it really matter what we think.....they got the trophy and thats all that matters. Great game!

If your a Collins fan does it really matter what we think.....they got the trophy and thats all that matters. Great game!

 

I'm not a Collins fan. I'm from NKY and was rooting for Highlands in that game.

My thread was to draw attention to the fact that outside the loyal Collins faithful very few people considered the Titans to be a 4A State Champion contender. I have the upmost respect to Highlands, Coach Mueller and his staff, and the entire Bluebird community, what they have done over the course of their history and their 22 State Championship seasons has been amazing. I apologize if I have offended any of the HHS faithful. Go Titans, Go Bluebirds!!!

That's because if you are not familiar with the county you would have no clue. Those who did/do know about the county knew as soon as Collins was announced what would happen with the right coach. I do think people just glossed over or ignored posts about the Collins program. It had been posted before that it might take some time but Collins would get to the point they would give HHS all the would want. That Collins and HHS could/would turn into a good rivalry.

I'm not a Collins fan. I'm from NKY and was rooting for Highlands in that game.

 

I know you are not a Collins fan...I was stating to the Collins fans on our discussion thats all. I know you are a Cooper guy.

Outside of the thread originator, who from Collins has posted in this thread? Congrats to Collins on a fantastic year. State Champs 2013. What else would you like. My arm isn't long enough to give you a pat on the back. And from the looks of the thread participants, not too many from Collins care what we think from the North anyway. So is that good enough for you?

i don't need to. I remember it like it was yesterday. Also the fact that yesterday you even confirmed it by saying you told me that also after our loss last year.

 

Well I did and couldn't find it anywhere! It's not in the Cooper updates from the state game or the post game comments. In fact, the only posts I found in either of those were me defending Cooper in the updates thread. So for you to say it was right after the game and I kicked you when you were down was completley false. In fact, I looked at any thread that had to do with Cooper from Dec 1st thru about March (and many many more that didn't have to do with Cooper at all) and found nothing as to where I said if Cooper would have played HHS, they would have won. Nothing even close. However, I do rememeber having a conversation about playing stronger teams (the way I stated it, in a generic fashion, maybe using Cooper as an example that playing one of those teams might have helped them.) But I think you took it personal. Go ahead and look them up yourself. I'll give you a head start. I started on page 118 and went to about page 114 or so. Nothing. Must have happened in a thread that had nothing to do with Cooper and had a very odd heading. The only thing I see us debate is SOS when we are talking about kids getting recruited in NKY. Check it out. I think you'll be surprised by some of the conversation and the fact that I acutally supported Cooper on their run.

Well I did and couldn't find it anywhere! It's not in the Cooper updates from the state game or the post game comments. In fact, the only posts I found in either of those were me defending Cooper in the updates thread. So for you to say it was right after the game and I kicked you when you were down was completley false. In fact, I looked at any thread that had to do with Cooper from Dec 1st thru about March (and many many more that didn't have to do with Cooper at all) and found nothing as to where I said if Cooper would have played HHS, they would have won. Nothing even close. However, I do rememeber having a conversation about playing stronger teams (the way I stated it, in a generic fashion, maybe using Cooper as an example that playing one of those teams might have helped them.) But I think you took it personal. Go ahead and look them up yourself. I'll give you a head start. I started on page 118 and went to about page 114 or so. Nothing. Must have happened in a thread that had nothing to do with Cooper and had a very odd heading. The only thing I see us debate is SOS when we are talking about kids getting recruited in NKY. Check it out. I think you'll be surprised by some of the conversation and the fact that I acutally supported Cooper on their run.

I was at the game so I didn't read any of the update threads. When I said after the ge I meant weeks following the game. Sorry I don't have the date and time memorized.

 

BTW, I ended this convo and tried to move on yesterday, wish you would do the same.

I was at the game so I didn't read any of the update threads. When I said after the ge I meant weeks following the game. Sorry I don't have the date and time memorized.

 

I looked thru March. You can look yourself. I told you what page it starts on. You tend to take thing out of context, so show me where it was said. I know I said something to the effect, because I've said it 100 times to multiple people in multiple conversations, but I'd really like to see where I said that if Cooper would have played HHS, they would have won. You're not going to find it. You took something general and made it a war against me. I may have used Cooper as an example of what I was trying to say by saying "if they would have played an HHS or Cov Cath (or any other good team at the time), they may have been more prepared for a team like BG. But I didn't even find that! And it was definitely not in any Cooper post from December thru March! Trust me, I looked.

I looked thru March. You can look yourself. I told you what page it starts on. You tend to take thing out of context, so show me where it was said. I know I said something to the effect, because I've said it 100 times to multiple people in multiple conversations, but I'd really like to see where I said that if Cooper would have played HHS, they would have won. You're not going to find it. You took something general and made it a war against me. I may have used Cooper as an example of what I was trying to say by saying "if they would have played an HHS or Cov Cath (or any other good team at the time), they may have been more prepared for a team like BG. But I didn't even find that! And it was definitely not in any Cooper post from December thru March! Trust me, I looked.

I looked anyway to appease you, i searched just for your posts but it only goes as far back as august. YYou were right, and I was right. I was right that even back then you mentioned it, couldn't go furtheer back because it would only go back that far. But you were also right that you also mentionedd other NKY teams also should play HHS, yes you said Cooper but also other schools. It was in the Trinity vs Highlands thread. IT was another HHS fan that kept it going that I mistook you ffor because you were the one who originally brpught it up. So for that i apologize, but it was funny thhat the arrogance was brought up back then too so you can see where I was coming from.

My thread was to draw attention to the fact that outside the loyal Collins faithful very few people considered the Titans to be a 4A State Champion contender. I have the upmost respect to Highlands, Coach Mueller and his staff, and the entire Bluebird community, what they have done over the course of their history and their 22 State Championship seasons has been amazing. I apologize if I have offended any of the HHS faithful. Go Titans, Go Bluebirds!!!

 

I don't think that's quite true. I think a LOT of people who follow football thought Collins would be and was good during the season and had a chance to make the finals. Some of those same people were saying if this happened, Collins could make it an interesting game. But when the finals are against a 6 time defending champ who also beat Collins very soundly last year and were very very good this year, most people would put their money on HHS, and rightly so. But, as it turned out, Collins stepped up, made the game a dog fight and was on top when the clock ran out. Congratulations to them.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.