Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Catholic 49 Mercer County 14

Featured Replies

Final according to the scoreboard

 

Didn't see a thread

  • Author

Crickets?

 

I guess the real Mercer didn't show up tonight. Or did they?

The Knights had to do some key things in this game early on facing a Titan team that was on a roll since the last time they met. Keeping the Titans out of the end zone after they were in the red zone on the opening drive was big early factor. Also, getting the offense going early and scoring on their initial drive was equally important. If the Titans had scored a TD on the opening drive or if the offense had gone three-and-out with its first possession, as occurred the last two weeks, this game may have had a completely different complexion.

 

Once the Knights had their confidence on both sides of the ball they had the advantage. They also took care of the ball. By avoiding turnovers it kept the momentum in favor of the Knights. The turnover battle favored the Knights who had a big pick-6 early on by Zach Middleton.

 

It was a great all-around team effort. Noah Michell stepped in for LB Josh Mesmer and the defense got better as the game went on. With big plays by Marcelis Logan along with both great running and passing by Reese Ryan the Knights gained confidence early in the second half to get the big win.

 

Crawley-Goodman and Peavler had strong games for the Titans. They hooked up on a long pass and both played both sides of the ball all night.

Crickets?

 

I guess the real Mercer didn't show up tonight. Or did they?

 

Hearing nothing but a hater

Don't forget the offensive and defensive line. Defensive line for most of the night kept Mercer rushing attack in check. Offensive line protected Reese and opened runnig lanes for Logan against a defense that stymied Boyle County.

It is almost noon on the day after game night. Starks should be embarrassed about his absence in this thread.

 

I will give uk#1fan big props for showing up and eating his crow in the SK thread. He dishes it out and he is taking it.

 

Starks?

  • Author
It is almost noon on the day after game night. Starks should be embarrassed about his absence in this thread.

 

I will give uk#1fan big props for showing up and eating his crow in the SK thread. He dishes it out and he is taking it.

 

Starks?

 

Still hearing the crickets

Sorry. Been too busy. I don't embarrass easy either. I don't get to spend as much time on here as I would like and definitely not as much as #1ukfan. I assumed that was evident from my lack of posts despite being a member for over a year but I guess some folks don't apply attention to detail in their lives.

 

I'm out of town at the moment and have a brief moment while I am waiting for my significant other to finish shopping so here you go.

 

It was 17-11 Lexington Catholic at halftime. The second half started LC promptly whipped our tail. That's about all there is to say about it. The better team won. Congrats to LC and good luck next weekend.

 

Mercer will be back. We are headed in the right direction.

 

Freshman LB Grayson Blevins led all freshmen in the state in tackles according to MaxPreps.

I wanted to see Mercer County pull this one out. Especially for Goodman. I feel bad for the Titans but they'll be back. The Boyle County/Mercer County game will be awesome next year.

 

Nobody wanted to see Starks vs the Highlands fans more than me.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.