Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1a playoffs - Potential 3rd round matchups

Featured Replies

I know there's 2 weeks of games to be determined, but, was just breaking down what should likely happen and in looking at it, we have the potential to have 4 outstanding regional final games:

 

Rgn 1 - Russellville @ Mayfield

Rgn 2 - Beechwood @ Frankfort

Rgn 3 - Hazard @ Williamsburg

Rgn 4 - Pikeville @ Raceland

 

This is no disrespect to any other team in the playoffs, but, in reality, these are the likely matchups as they've all seemed to have separated themselves from the field, with exception to Fairview, who, are no longer in the picture.

 

In saying this, how does everyone see these matchups playing out, should they all hold serve?

I agree with your predictions. I look for higher seeds to hold serve.

Those are all likely to happen. Those are eight strong teams and I think those four games will make 1A look very strong at the top. I look forward to seeing how those games play out.

The likely Bw - Frank game looks EPIC, where will it be played and who is the favorite? Frank sent a message out to all of class A against the Ads but have they improved enough to get over Bw who has been their longtime nemis. Has Frank ever beat Bw?

The likely Bw - Frank game looks EPIC, where will it be played and who is the favorite? Frank sent a message out to all of class A against the Ads but have they improved enough to get over Bw who has been their longtime nemis. Has Frank ever beat Bw?

 

Frankfort has not beaten Beechwood. In 2007 the Panthers made it to the semi-finals with a win over Mayfield. During the semi-final game Frankfort took a quick 10-0 lead then BW flexed their muscle and made short work of the Panthers.

 

Key for Frankfort is to beat Bellevue first. Bellevue and Frankfort games have always been hard hitting close games.

 

If Frankfort can get past Bellevue they will Host BW in regional final.

Frankfort has not beaten Beechwood. In 2007 the Panthers made it to the semi-finals with a win over Mayfield. During the semi-final game Frankfort took a quick 10-0 lead then BW flexed their muscle and made short work of the Panthers.

 

Key for Frankfort is to beat Bellevue first. Bellevue and Frankfort games have always been hard hitting close games.

 

If Frankfort can get past Bellevue they will Host BW in regional final.

 

 

You have got to like Franks chances this year, they should get past Bell and then getting to host a young Bw squad that is brillant at times and at others shoots themsleves in the foot. This could be year, Franks seems to have really improved as the year has gone along

The Frankfort and Beechwood games is all about 2nd adjustments... I'm not really sure but i'm almost positive that Frankfort was up at the half every year but last year. but then come out and get torched the 2nd half.

The Frankfort and Beechwood games is all about 2nd adjustments... I'm not really sure but i'm almost positive that Frankfort was up at the half every year but last year. but then come out and get torched the 2nd half.

 

I don't think that is true about Frankfort leading at the half. But your point that the games are usually close at halftime is correct. Here is the big difference this year. In past years, Beechwood seemed to wear Frankfort down, go to the running game in the second half and Frankfort was not able to stop them. I am not sure Beechwood has the running game to do that this year.

I have to be honest here, I think as of right now Frank would be a favorite over Bw at home if this game happens

I have to be honest here, I think as of right now Frank would be a favorite over Bw at home if this game happens

 

I agree. Frankfort's second round game versus Bellevue will give us some insight on what might happen if it gets to Beechwood vs. Frankfort.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.