NKMSAA Basketball 2013-14

Fire Inside

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight at the Crusader Classic at St Henry grade school, good 8th grade match-up between IHM Saints (29) and St Mary Saints (24).

These are 2 teams that typically would not play each other unless they both get to the Diocesan tourney.

Highlands 7th grade had their first practice today and they are very deep...they can interchange 5 at a time and not miss a beat. Expecting big things from this team.

Did their coach from the 6th grade move up with them or do they have a new coach? Last years 6th grade coach seemed to do a very nice job.

Tonight at the Crusader Classic at St Henry grade school, good 8th grade match-up between IHM Saints (29) and St Mary Saints (24).

These are 2 teams that typically would not play each other unless they both get to the Diocesan tourney.

Crusader Classic is a great tournament and very well run. I'll be back over there next Monday night -- always a great event.

Crusader Classic is a great tournament and very well run. I'll be back over there next Monday night -- always a great event.

I agree. Love all the time they put into the slide show and graphics. Nothing like a big screen picture of your kid everytime they score :thumb: and foul :no:.

Did their coach from the 6th grade move up with them or do they have a new coach? Last years 6th grade coach seemed to do a very nice job.

No, Coach Herald is still with the 6th Grade. The new 7th Grade coach is Scott Blasingame, former Highlands grad. He was JV coach at Bellevue a couple years ago with Jim Hicks. I expect good things from what I have been hearing from stepson.

It begins tonight! :dancingpa

For all the 8th grade players, coaches, and fans----enjoy it, embrace it, and savor it!

Play hard, have fun.

Make lasting friendships with ALL your teammates.

Give 100% every time you step on the court.

Even if your team is down.

Even if the other team is so big and they drove themselves to the game. :lol2:

For some of you, this may be your last year playing school ball.

For all of you, this is your last year playing with these teammates for this school, wearing the jersey you have on today.

Play for today. Play for the here and now.

Have a great 8th grade season!

It begins tonight! :dancingpa

For all the 8th grade players, coaches, and fans----enjoy it, embrace it, and savor it!

Play hard, have fun.

Make lasting friendships with ALL your teammates.

Give 100% every time you step on the court.

Even if your team is down.

Even if the other team is so big and they drove themselves to the game. :lol2:

For some of you, this may be your last year playing school ball.

For all of you, this is your last year playing with these teammates for this school, wearing the jersey you have on today.

Play for today. Play for the here and now.

Have a great 8th grade season!

Amen to that, well said.

No, Coach Herald is still with the 6th Grade. The new 7th Grade coach is Scott Blasingame, former Highlands grad. He was JV coach at Bellevue a couple years ago with Jim Hicks. I expect good things from what I have been hearing from stepson.

Opening night tonight. I will see you in passing, I am sure.