Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stereotypes - They have to be founded somewhere.

Featured Replies

You had me until you listed Ray Malauga, then you lost all credibility lol

 

Hahaha... I know Bengals fans hate him, but he's a second round pick and had the second most tackles on the team in 2012. He gets eaten up in pass coverage, but he's not horrible in run support.

 

He's obviously not on the level of Matthews, Cushing, Rivers, Tatupu, Seau, etc. but he's a guy who'll probably have a good 7 or so years in the league. He also broke an ankle early in his NFL career, which probably stunted his development some, but isn't something you can't really hold against him.

 

Is he a guy who'll be a Pro Bowler? Unlikely. But he's someone who can fill his role on a solid defensive unit and hasn't washed out of the league in less than 3 or so years.

TCU QB's stink....:D

:laugh::laugh:

Some that fulfill the positive stereotypes:

 

Miami!

 

Miami Running Backs:

Edgerrin James, Clinton Portis, Frank Gore, Willis McGahee,

 

Miami Wide Receivers:

Michael Irvin, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss, Sinorice Moss, Roscoe Parrish, Leonard Hankerson,

 

Miami Tight Ends:

Jeremy Shockey, Bubba Franks, Kellen Winslow, Greg Olsen, Jimmy Graham,

 

Miami Defensive Backs:

Ed Reed, Devin Hester, Sean Taylor, Phillip Buchanon, Brandon Meriweather, Duane Starks, Antrell Rolle *(bashed now, but 2 time Pro Bowler),

 

Miami Defensive Linemen:

Warren Sapp, Vince Wilfork, Cortez Kennedy,

 

 

 

Some Other Schools:

 

Penn State Linebackers:

LaVar Arrington, Cameron Wake, Tamba Hali, Paul Pozsluszny, NaVorro Bowman

 

Louisville Wide Receivers:

Deion Branch, Harry Douglas, Mark Clayton, Ernest Givins,

 

LSU Defensive Linemen:

Glenn Dorsey, Michael Brockers, Tyson Jackson, Ricky Jean-Francois, Bennie Logan, Drake Nevis, Marcus Spears, Bradie James, Marquise Hill, Booger McFarland,

 

Alabama Defensive Linemen (still emerging):

Marcell Dareus, Brandon Deadrick, Terrence Cody, and many more in the NFL

 

USC Linebackers:

Clay Matthews, Brian Cushing, Keith Rivers, Lofa Tatupu, Nick Perry, Ray Malauga, Chris Claiborne, Junior Seau,

 

Tennessee Linebackers:

Jarrod Mayo, Kevin Burnett, Al Wilson, Omar Gaither,

 

Texas Tech Wide Receivers:

Wes Welker, Danny Amendola, Michael Crabtree,

 

California-Berkley Running Backs:

Marshawn Lynch, Justin Forsett, Shane Vereen, Jahvid Best,

 

 

Have a number of notable names, albeit over a longer period:

 

Stanford Quarterbacks:

John Elway, Andrew Luck, Jim Plunkett,

 

BYU Quarterbacks:

Steve Young, Jim McMahon, Ty Detmer,

 

Notre Dame Quarterbacks (60's thru the 80's):

Paul Hornug, Joe Montana, Joe Theissman, Rick Mirer, Steve Buerlien,

 

Pretty good. You could add Sean Lee (Cowboys) to the Penn St. linebacker list as well. Kid is one of the best in the league.

Oh you young whippersnapper! Alexander didn't play THAT long ago. Tony Nathan might be a better example...at least he played back in the 80's!

 

Haha I shouldn't have put the word "much" in there. I just figured someone would say they were referring to recent example.

Florida State QBs are a DON'T.

 

Florida State defensive players regardless of position are a DO.

Florida State QBs are a DON'T.

 

Florida State defensive players regardless of position are a DO.

 

I think you've just got some kinda vendetta against Chris Weinke, Charlie Ward, Christian Ponder, etc.

 

I'm starting to think if my NFL team has a chance of drafting Winston, I DON'T want to see him win the Heisman.

I think you've just got some kinda vendetta against Chris Weinke, Charlie Ward, Christian Ponder, etc.

 

I'm starting to think if my NFL team has a chance of drafting Winston, I DON'T want to see him win the Heisman.

 

Not at all. I'm an FSU fan and I loved Weinke, Ward and Ponder. When you add in Peter Tom Willis, Casey Weldon, Danny Kanell, Adrian McPherson, Brad Johnson, EJ Manuel and the one FSU QB I did hate......Chris Rix, then you see what I am saying.

 

Winston is already being touted with the question...is he the best FSU QB ever? He's the best one I have seen since I began following FSU when Peter Tom was the starting QB. Why wouldn't want to see him win the Heisman if you were an NFL team? Ward wasn't even drafted and Weinke proved to be a great college player that may have been to old to forge a great pro career. So far Winston seems to be better than both.

 

So far.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.