Daviess County 8 South Warren 3

tsyoung7

South had 6 scoring opportunities DC had their score and was held once inside the 10,

South missed a field goal at end of second. They had two fumbles inside 15 early in third and on 6 at end of game. Two interceptions one around 25 in first quarter and one inside I believe the 20. Had a touchdown called back on first drive in 3rd for holding. Oh they were also held with 7 min to go on the 12 with a four and out and penalties called on that drive to stall it.

Point is I think once stats are posted they beat DC every place but the scoreboard.

Penalties for holding, block in the back and turnovers doomed the Spartans tonight. They played very hard and looked good on both sides just made way too many mistakes to win the game.

I am really interested in the stats for this one.

Is Iggy their offensive hope? And how will they survive without him?

They'll survive without him and I still feel they are certainly the district favorite, but they are much more vulnerable to Paducah Tilghman and Fort Campbell without him. He has been a strong defensive presence, but he is their home run hitter on offense. He also can play multiple positions for them in their offensive set. It certainly sounds like they needed him tonight.