Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset 35 Glasgow 13

Featured Replies

Final from Somerset. The Briar Jumpers had Will Lange back for the first time all season and played their best overall game of the year. Somerset led 14-0 at the half. Glasgow cut it to 14-7 early in the 3rd quarter but Somerset scored 21 straight points before the Scotties tacked on a late touchdown. Good win for the Briar Jumpers over the #3 ranked team in 2A. The Jumpers are now 2-3 on the season.

WOW! Somerset rises from the dead. Impressive!

Briar Jumpers get back on the left side.

  • Author
WOW! Somerset rises from the dead. Impressive!

 

The Briar Jumpers hadn't played up to their potential so far this season but I wouldn't say they were dead. 2 of their 3 losses are to Pulaski County, who is 5-0 and ranked 2nd in 5A and Belfry who is 4-0 and ranked 1st in 3A. I don't think anyone in 2A would have been 4-0 against that schedule, including your Tigers.

Just got home from the game, this team played on both sides of the ball the way we envisioned they could in the pre-season. Need to build on this and work on the stuff we still had trouble with tonight. Jumpers go to the Mnts again next week before starting dist play.

BTW I am taking full credit for this victory. First home game I couldn't make it all the way up to my normal seat. Tonight I toughed it out and made it, took me 5-10 minutes to recover, but I made it all the way up there. I am convinced that me making it to my lucky seat made the difference tonight and being too weak to make it the last home game cost us that game.

  • Author

Did Will Lange get hurt again in this game? Someone said that they heard on the radio that he appeared to be injured.

Solid win for Somerset. I thought Glasgow was a little overrated, but, still a very solid 2a team.

Did Will Lange get hurt again in this game? Someone said that they heard on the radio that he appeared to be injured.

 

He appeared to limp off after the long run down to the 2yd line, but I didn't hear what was wrong. His parents and sisters were sitting across from me and I never heard them say anything.

The Briar Jumpers hadn't played up to their potential so far this season but I wouldn't say they were dead. 2 of their 3 losses are to Pulaski County, who is 5-0 and ranked 2nd in 5A and Belfry who is 4-0 and ranked 1st in 3A. I don't think anyone in 2A would have been 4-0 against that schedule, including your Tigers.

 

The only game on Somerset's schedule that the elite 2A teams would have did better in was the Hazard game. Every team in 2A would have 2 losses right now with Somerset's schedule.

  • Author
The only game on Somerset's schedule that the elite 2A teams would have did better in was the Hazard game. Every team in 2A would have 2 losses right now with Somerset's schedule.

 

And I honestly think a healthy Somerset team wins that game. The Jumpers were down to their 3rd string tailback and had about 4 defensive starters out vs Hazard as well. They still had a shot to win even down that many players. One of the other 2A teams might have had the depth to replace them. Somerset has got a lot of talent this year but they aren't very deep. If they can get healthy by playoff time they could make a nice run.

The Briar Jumpers hadn't played up to their potential so far this season but I wouldn't say they were dead. 2 of their 3 losses are to Pulaski County, who is 5-0 and ranked 2nd in 5A and Belfry who is 4-0 and ranked 1st in 3A. I don't think anyone in 2A would have been 4-0 against that schedule, including your Tigers.

 

 

My Tigers would score 42-50 on anyone in the state not named Bowling Green, Trinity or Highlands. Could Pulaski County or Belfry keep up? Do they have the conditioning to keep up? I think not. Somerset did awesome tonight, and I believe, they have righted their ship.

atlcat, what do you have against my Tigers? Just because they aren't from the east side of I-65? Does that mean they can;t play football?

My Tigers would score 42-50 on anyone in the state not named Bowling Green, Trinity or Highlands. Could Pulaski County or Belfry keep up? Do they have the conditioning to keep up? I think not. Somerset did awesome tonight, and I believe, they have righted their ship.

 

You drastically underestimate Belfry who definitely has the conditioning and depth.. as well as numerous other teams such as Scott County, StX, Johnson Central, and even Mayfield who you will have your chance against later this season.

 

That's a mighty small pond Caldwell is swimming in.. there is a whole lake outside of Princeton.

atlcat, what do you have against my Tigers? Just because they aren't from the east side of I-65? Does that mean they can;t play football?

 

Caldwell is the #1 2A Team in the State... I don't think any 2A team will stay within 2 TD's of them... but they are the product of a weak class and a weak schedule. They are not the State Powerhouse you are valuing then as.... YET.

 

Next year may be a different story.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.