Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 6A Rankings for 9-16

Featured Replies

1. Trinity –- OPEN

2. Scott County vs. 5A North Hardin

3. Saint Xavier at Moeller (OH)

4. Male –- OPEN

5. Simon Kenton vs. 5A Cooper

6. Ballard at #8 Manual

7. Butler at 4A Doss

8. Manual vs. #6 Ballard

9. Henry Clay at Boone County

10. Dixie Heights vs. 2A #6 Newport Central Catholic

  • Author

Agree or Disagree?

List getting more fine tuned as the year goes along. Looks about right. Tates Creek is good enough to be on this list and has its opportunities against Dixie Heights and city rivals coming up to make a statement. Had its chances and lost a gritty game against Henry Clay this weekend 21-13.

..............

 

I like Dixie, so don't misunderstand this post, but if they are the 10th best big-school team in Kentucky this year, that "ain't" good. I like their team and I love their QB, but they are just not a great football team.

 

I'm not disagreeing with the rankings, per se, just making an observation.

..............

 

I like Dixie, so don't misunderstand this post, but if they are the 10th best big-school team in Kentucky this year, that "ain't" good. I like their team and I love their QB, but they are just not a great football team.

 

I'm not disagreeing with the rankings, per se, just making an observation.

 

I guess the question I have for you who is "currently" is better? Some teams have lost a few games this year I didnt expect.

It's a shame you have 4 of the top 8 teams in 6A in the same district. #1 Trinity, #3 St. X, #4 Male, and #8 Manual. Manual has a chance to move to 4-0 and move ahead of 2 loss Ballard this week with a victory over the Bruins.

It's a shame you have 4 of the top 8 teams in 6A in the same district. #1 Trinity, #3 St. X, #4 Male, and #8 Manual. Manual has a chance to move to 4-0 and move ahead of 2 loss Ballard this week with a victory over the Bruins.

 

I am not sure I get your point. Are you saying it is a shame those four teams are all in the same district together?

..............

 

I like Dixie, so don't misunderstand this post, but if they are the 10th best big-school team in Kentucky this year, that "ain't" good. I like their team and I love their QB, but they are just not a great football team.

 

I'm not disagreeing with the rankings, per se, just making an observation.

 

I think there is probably 5-6 teams you could through in the 9 and 10 spot.

Trinity should not be #1, IMO as well Saint X shouldnt be #3.

1. Scott County vs. 5A North Hardin

2. Simon Kenton vs. 5A Cooper

3. Trinity –- OPEN

4. Saint Xavier at Moeller (OH)

5. Ballard at #8 Manual

6. Male –- OPEN

7. Butler at 4A Doss

8. Manual vs. #6 Ballard

9. Dixie Heights vs. 2A #6 Newport Central Catholic

10. Henry Clay at Boone County

1. Scott County vs. 5A North Hardin

2. Simon Kenton vs. 5A Cooper

3. Trinity –- OPEN

4. Saint Xavier at Moeller (OH)

5. Ballard at #8 Manual

6. Male –- OPEN

7. Butler at 4A Doss

8. Manual vs. #6 Ballard

9. Dixie Heights vs. 2A #6 Newport Central Catholic

10. Henry Clay at Boone County

Do you think Scott Co and Simon Kenton are both better teams then Trinity and would win games against the Rocks or are you just basing this on the fact that both are undefeated and Trinity has 3 losses?

I guess the question I have for you who is "currently" is better? Some teams have lost a few games this year I didnt expect.

 

I'm neither saying anyone is better, nor saying I disagree with the rankings, I'm simply saying if they are the 10th best big school in KY than the level of play isn't very good. Again, I'm NOT anti-Dixie, they are a good football team, but that is it. They have a very good QB and a group of youngsters getting better, but they are just good.

Do you think Scott Co and Simon Kenton are both better teams then Trinity and would win games against the Rocks or are you just basing this on the fact that both are undefeated and Trinity has 3 losses?

 

I stated in another thread that this year you will have 2 public schools playing for the state championship and I am sticking to it. Its not the fact that trinity has 3 losses, its the fact that they have not played well in those losses IMO.

I am not sure I get your point. Are you saying it is a shame those four teams are all in the same district together?

 

Yes that is exactly what I'm saying because only one of them has a chance to advance to the State Finals.

I stated in another thread that this year you will have 2 public schools playing for the state championship and I am sticking to it. Its not the fact that trinity has 3 losses, its the fact that they have not played well in those losses IMO.

 

I can only speak to the Ensworth game as it's the only one I saw...and I disagree. I think they played pretty well, just couldn't stop Ensworth's RB when they needed too. That said neither SK nor Scott Co has a back any where close to that kid's size and power. At this point I'm not sure how you can say either SK or Scott would beat Trinity based solely on the schedule all of played. I would argue that both would be win less right now if they played Trinity's schedule.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.