Owlsley Co.

Not to be mean here but lets let this die. Come on. If its true, we will know soon enough. If it isn't true this could cause trouble for him and his teamates. You can bet that the players read this forum so we shouldn't put things like this on unless it has already been confirmed. He is just a kid and we should not create more problems for him and this team than already there. Come on, give it a rest. We should know tonight.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be mean here but lets let this die. Come on. If its true, we will know soon enough. If it isn't true this could cause trouble for him and his teamates. You can bet that the players read this forum so we shouldn't put things like this on unless it has already been confirmed. He is just a kid and we should not create more problems for him and this team than already there. Come on, give it a rest. We should know tonight.

I agree!! Daniel Neely is a great kid & competitor. Things are shaky in booneville so lets just wait and see what happens. Speculation will cause more trouble than there already is for the owls.

I suppose that most facts begin as rumors and I doubt that there will ever be a 'formal' announcement that he has/has not quit. Even if he doesn't play he could still possibly be on the team.

I have heard from multiple sources that he is no longer on the ream and I am sure that his team-mates know all about it. Of course it is usually possible to quit and then return.

Owsley is not shown as having a game until Feb. 9 vs Oneida and the scoreboard doesn't show that they have any games to make-up.

Agreed, if its true we'll find out. Hopefully its not but discussing it now isnt going to help bring facts to the screen or make anything better for the Owsley team.

Owsley just doesnt have a very good team. They have 2 really good players (neeley & smith) and 1 pretty good player in congleton but thats just 3. 3 players doesnt make a team. Owsley & wolfe have shown that good players cant beat good teams or even decent teams.

I spoke with a former player and he told me that three players from the Owlsley team have stated that Daniel has left the team.

players get mad & talk of quitting but change there mind. It will be interesting to see if his "possible" decision sticks??

Checking into it.

I can say this..I just left Owsley County High School and I spoke directly to one of the basketball players, and a few other students. They told me that Daniel Neeley quit the basketball team. Now, I didn't go ask Daniel, but if I see him I will. I don't think anyone is trying to mislead anyone in this thread, so don't get all jumpy on here. I will call the High School right now and ask them. Then I will get back with you.

He has missed two practices as of right now. The board of education also confirmed the fact that he "says he has quit". There are several people trying to get him to stay with it, (including myself). But, ultimately the decision is his. I'm not sure what has caused this, but those are the FACTS as of 2:34pm.