Boyle vs. Lincoln (Death Valley Bowl)

Rebel

Who wins?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Boyle
    • Lincoln

Looking forward to see just what this years Boyle team has. Right now I am in the dark as to how good this years team will be. I know even less about Lincoln. I do like the threat that Robbins and Burke will pose and think Boyle will put a lot of points up on the scoreboard this year.

By knowing nothing...... I'll take Boyle 28-14 over Lincoln. :idunno:

Like you Rebel I'm anxious to see what this team does. Lincoln County is improving and no doubt is pointing to this game to kick them off to a better season.

The Patriots and Rebels used to hook up in some pretty good games in the ancient days. Where is Mr. Network when we need him? :thumb:

I remember Boyle dropping Lincoln when Smith was building the program back. I know the Patriots returned the favor when they ended up in different classes.

Hope it's a great game between the two old foes.

Boyle has another offensive threat in Stewart-Hoskins. He is quick, strong and can catch the ball out of the backfield. Had about a 50 yd catch and run TD against Tates Creek in their scrimmage where he broke 4 tackles. One other nice strong run from scrimmage of around 20 yds. Boyle's passing game was impressive. Robbins threw the ball to open receivers who caught the ball extremely well. The defense looked good for the most part against a quick TC team with who expects to be good this year. I like Boyle in this one by a score of 42 to 0.

I really liked what I saw from Boyle County in our scrimmage with them. Nothing too fancy, good football. Have a nice athletic back/receiver and a very nice QB who delivers accurate strong throws when running play action. Don't know much about Lincoln but I give Boyle county respect.

I was thinking running clock myself with very little scoring from Lincoln County.

Was thinking the same thing. I can't see Lincoln scoring much (if any) against Boyle and while I don't think Boyle runs wild, I believe they will wear down the Patriots eventually. Boyle 49-6.

It's been a very long time since I've been to Death Valley. Do they still only having seating on one side?

It has been a long time! Lincoln has seats on both sides, although the home side seats are much better. The visitors seats seem really low to the ground and can make it hard to see the opposite side of the field. It is a nice place to watch football, though.

It has been a long time! Lincoln has seats on both sides, although the home side seats are much better. The visitors seats seem really low to the ground and can make it hard to see the opposite side of the field. It is a nice place to watch football, though.

I think it was October 1980 since I've been to a football game there and that was when I was on the field.