August 11, 201313 yr Which by the way we both should just automatically put I agree to disagree and thats it for any post we decide to quote each other on. That will save us a lot of time. If one of us disagrees with something which we always do, we will just put I agree to disagree and leave it at that. It might save us and everyone else a lot of time.
August 11, 201313 yr I am just using your stats man that you wanted to use to say Oneal was better than Leon Hall. I mean what its ok for you to use stats to try to act like what your saying is right. However when I show you stats that show Dalton to be right there with them in there first few years it doesn't count? But hey whatever makes you feel better man. Oneal was a Pro Bowler the year in question, just as another player you said was horrible that year, Shayne Graham. Not sure what other proof you need to see that the players in question were actually among the best in the entire league that year. You simply continue to ignore those facts because they don't support your argument.
August 11, 201313 yr Not reaching at all, I have said many times how if they get Geno signed this off season then they basically played this off season perfectly. Then you like to go on your rant about free agents, and how they don't have Geno signed and how that proves your point. When I kept even saying its not next off season yet, and sure enough we hear now how the Bengals are really trying hard to get this deal done. Hmmm who has been saying thats why they didn't sign these high price free agents you wanted, and now its showing. Hmmm. You can keep backpedaling but be careful, there is a cliff behind you and you're about to fall off it. You said earlier in the offseason they aren't going after free agents this offseason because they are going to sign their own like Geno, they haven't signed Geno and now you are backpedaling and saying they are waiting for next year, which brings up the question of if they aren't signing free agents this year so they can sigh Geno this year, then what are they waiting for?
August 13, 201313 yr You can keep backpedaling but be careful, there is a cliff behind you and you're about to fall off it. You said earlier in the offseason they aren't going after free agents this offseason because they are going to sign their own like Geno, they haven't signed Geno and now you are backpedaling and saying they are waiting for next year, which brings up the question of if they aren't signing free agents this year so they can sigh Geno this year, then what are they waiting for? Huh? Where did I say that they are waiting until next year in that post or any post? Shoot I even have been on record on saying if they wait until next off season to sign him they are idiots. So where did you come up with that from? Or is that just one of your made up things that you do? So sounds like your the one backpedaling man. You gave the Bengals crap saying how they messed up not signing free agents, and how you were right because they didn't extend Geno yet. I say its not next off season yet, which means they still have plenty of time to get him signed before next off season, and looks like they are trying to get it done before the season even starts. So I have no clue where you were getting that in your post here, but once again nice try on your made up things. It seems that your the one backpedaling now.
August 13, 201313 yr Oneal was a Pro Bowler the year in question, just as another player you said was horrible that year, Shayne Graham. Not sure what other proof you need to see that the players in question were actually among the best in the entire league that year. You simply continue to ignore those facts because they don't support your argument. Yeah and corners who get a lot of interceptions get more recognition because those are the only stats that can stand out for a corner. Even if a guy might have sucked in coverage on all the other plays, if they happen to get a lot of interceptions they are perceived to be good. Shoot I wish we can ask NFL experts this question on who would they have taken Oneal in 2005 or Leon Hall even just last year. I would bet a lot would take Leon because his coverage was consistently better.
August 13, 201313 yr I will say this about Josh Johnson. I have now been to 4 training camp practices with the last one being yesterday. Josh Johnson didn't look good at all the first two I saw which was during the first week, but he has looked a lot better the last two times and in that preseason game. He is very talented with a big arm, so one has to think the only reason why he can't stay on a team is because of the mental part of it. Reading defenses and setting up the blocking assignments on the line. However maybe he is slowly starting to get it, because I admit he has been impressive even in training camp lately.
August 13, 201313 yr Bengals haven't had a decent backup QB in some time. Would be nice to have a guy that can at least take a snap and run an offense. Not sure if Johnson's that guy, but both he a Shelton looked serviceable Thursday. Taking into account the talent on the field at the time, of course.
August 17, 201313 yr Josh Johnson brings more to the table, more versatility, stronger arm. Can he make decisions and manage a game? I say he has more upside than Andy Dalton and gives the Bengals a better chance of winning and making a playoff run. Thoughts? Have you watched Hard Knocks? If so, you might think differently
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.