14u ASA/USA Nationals

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Static98 dropped this mornings game to the Sterling Steam 9-4. Once again leaving runners on base did us in. We out hit them and had less errors but could not push any runs across. We play again tonight at 8:30

Alexia Snelbaker 2/4 with 2 rbi

Shelby Graybill 1/4 with a double.

it can be done Meatpuppy ! me and JMU had the (dis) pleasure of drawing the defending Natl' champ ( Corona Angels) in a blind draw of 156 teams.. we made it to the top 20 after reeling off 8 straight wins .. you can do it !

Pretty sure we won 10 in the losers bracket although I could be wrong...We did all that with only one girl pitching that tourney I believe.

Static98 wins tonight in a high scoring affair. 11-8 was the final. Have to say I have never seen a tighter strike zone in all the games I have watched over the years. Both teams replaced their pitcher in the first inning. You pretty much had to pitch down the middle with some corners given. Nothing below mid thigh was called. We just hit the ball better and played better defense.

Alexia Snelbaker 0/2 2walks 2runs

Shelby Graybill 0/3 with a walk and 2k

Play Team Georgia tomorrow.

Static98 wins tonight in a high scoring affair. 11-8 was the final. Have to say I have never seen a tighter strike zone in all the games I have watched over the years. Both teams replaced their pitcher in the first inning. You pretty much had to pitch down the middle with some corners given. Nothing below mid thigh was called. We just hit the ball better and played better defense.

Alexia Snelbaker 0/2 2walks 2runs

Shelby Graybill 0/3 with a walk and 2k

Play Team Georgia tomorrow.

Nice, good luck!! You have a hitter for a DD you should love those small strike zones!!

Nice, good luck!! You have a hitter for a DD you should love those small strike zones!!

That is what is what I was thinking, didn't work out though. I will say she hit a screamer into left that I still can't figure out how it was caught!! Great catch by the left fielder.