Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dalton or Palmer for this Year

Who would you rather have this year 13 members have voted

  1. 1. Who would you rather have this year

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
Anyone who knows just a little about football knows it starts up front. With the horrible defensive line on the 2005 team you know that was their biggest weakness and affected everything else. For Oneal being so bad, he made the pro bowl that year which again makes your argument about him ridiculous, but don't let facts get in your way.

 

Facts don't get in my way at all, I just listed all kind of facts for you. These facts show that your argument for the 2005 team having better overall talent was a waste. Now you if want to say you liked that teams chances at making a run better thats fine. Sometimes team who do have more talent don't do as well, or don't mesh well together or whatever. However since my statement was that this is the most talented team since the 80's, and you wanted to argue it for what reason? 2005 is not close to having better overall talent on the team, and that was my statement. Now the 2005 team did have a good style with that no huddle offense, and a defense that did create turnovers. So if you said that, then I could say your point. However your arguing against a statement that talked about overall talent on a team? Which your trying to act like 2005 had mover overall talent? Come on man.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Facts don't get in my way at all, I just listed all kind of facts for you. These facts show that your argument for the 2005 team having better overall talent was a waste. Now you if want to say you liked that teams chances at making a run better thats fine. Sometimes team who do have more talent don't do as well, or don't mesh well together or whatever. However since my statement was that this is the most talented team since the 80's, and you wanted to argue it for what reason? 2005 is not close to having better overall talent on the team, and that was my statement. Now the 2005 team did have a good style with that no huddle offense, and a defense that did create turnovers. So if you said that, then I could say your point. However your arguing against a statement that talked about overall talent on a team? Which your trying to act like 2005 had mover overall talent? Come on man.

 

I don't need to change what I said because unlike you i've showed facts again and again. You are simply going off of your blind optimism.

 

If this team wins the SB or even makes it to the AFCCG then they may change my opinion, but due to the fact that I already showed position by position and 2005 was better is what I will stand by, facts.

  • Author
I don't need to change what I said because unlike you i've showed facts again and again. You are simply going off of your blind optimism.

 

If this team wins the SB or even makes it to the AFCCG then they may change my opinion, but due to the fact that I already showed position by position and 2005 was better is what I will stand by, facts.

 

What do you call what I have showed you? I have pointed out exact stats on how the team did that year. I mean if you want to continue to ignore the fact that your still arguing the wrong thing go right ahead. You listed stats on a couple of starters, and so that shows your right? Haha. I guess you really don't get the concept of what it means by team, and I don't know how many more times I can tell you that. So no reason for this to go on, since you can't figure that out, because I stated it exactly the right way in my original post. You can keep trying to spin things around and ignore that, because that is what you do. So nice try, one day you will get it.

What do you call what I have showed you? I have pointed out exact stats on how the team did that year. I mean if you want to continue to ignore the fact that your still arguing the wrong thing go right ahead. You listed stats on a couple of starters, and so that shows your right? Haha. I guess you really don't get the concept of what it means by team, and I don't know how many more times I can tell you that. So no reason for this to go on, since you can't figure that out, because I stated it exactly the right way in my original post. You can keep trying to spin things around and ignore that, because that is what you do. So nice try, one day you will get it.

Your facts consist of things like this and you say that proves your point.

Your facts: Leon Hall had 2 INT's which for you proves he was better than Oneal who had 10 INT's

 

Facts like that only prove my point.

  • Author
Your facts consist of things like this and you say that proves your point.

Your facts: Leon Hall had 2 INT's which for you proves he was better than Oneal who had 10 INT's

 

Facts like that only prove my point.

 

So with your thinking on things, I guess we could say that Andy Dalton in his first two years is as good as Tom Brady was when the Pats won their super bowls with them? I mean the stats show Dalton to have similar numbers to Brady in those years, so since thats what the stats say that shows Dalton was just as good correct? Which means Dalton would have also won those super bowls back then correct? I mean the stats say it right? Weak man, weak! If Oneal and even James was so consistent when they were not getting interceptions, I would think the pass defense would not have been one of the worst in the league. However lets continue to ignore that fact. Or lets continue to ignore the most important fact. I said most talented team, and you keep ignoring that with apparently no concept of team includes both starters and back ups meaning you have depth. So keep going on with your pointless discussion that has nothing to do with my orginal statement.

So with your thinking on things, I guess we could say that Andy Dalton in his first two years is as good as Tom Brady was when the Pats won their super bowls with them? I mean the stats show Dalton to have similar numbers to Brady in those years, so since thats what the stats say that shows Dalton was just as good correct? Which means Dalton would have also won those super bowls back then correct? I mean the stats say it right?

Yep, here we go again. So I see this year it will be a different comparison you will rely on, yet another Hall of Famer. Last year you compared Dalton to Brees, now this year you are comparing Dalton to Brady. Last I checked Brady didn't have 0 TD's and 4 Int's and a rating of 48 in the playoffs his first 2 years making it to the post season.

 

Lets look at Brady's first 2 seasons he made it to the post season shall we? Brady threw 6TD's to 3 INT's in the first 2 years he made it to the post season.

 

So now I have to try and keep your way of thinking in check, trying to keep track of them.

Let me see if I can list them so we don't forget.

 

1. Dalton is as good as Drew Brees

2. A CB with 10 INT's in a season isn't as good as a CB with 2 INT's in a season.

3. Dalton = Tom Brady

 

Ok, I think I got it, thanks :clap:

  • Author
Yep, here we go again. So I see this year it will be a different comparison you will rely on, yet another Hall of Famer. Last year you compared Dalton to Brees, now this year you are comparing Dalton to Brady. Last I checked Brady didn't have 0 TD's and 4 Int's and a rating of 48 in the playoffs his first 2 years making it to the post season.

 

Lets look at Brady's first 2 seasons he made it to the post season shall we? Brady threw 6TD's to 3 INT's in the first 2 years he made it to the post season.

 

So now I have to try and keep your way of thinking in check, trying to keep track of them.

Let me see if I can list them so we don't forget.

 

1. Dalton is as good as Drew Brees

2. A CB with 10 INT's in a season isn't as good as a CB with 2 INT's in a season.

3. Dalton = Tom Brady

 

Ok, I think I got it, thanks :clap:

 

You listed numbers of Deltha Oneal in the regular season correct? You are using those numbers to act like Oneal is better than Leon because he had more interceptions. So since Dalton had very similar numbers as Brady in those years, that means by your thinking Dalton would have won Super Bowls too if he played on that team right? I mean since stats is what shows if someone is better or not. Even though like in the Oneal case you fail to remember how bad he was in coverage when he wasn't able to get a pick.

 

As for Dalton and the Brees thing I am still waiting for you to show me where I said Dalton is as good as Brees. I will be waiting for awhile because I have never said that. I have simply stated how they are very similar and people wouldn't have thought Brees would end up being what he is. So that is why it was to early for people to act like Dalton can't get better. But hey I mean your the king on here of making things up, and acting like people said things when they haven't. So keep doing what your doing, you have to keep your image going.

By the way Dalton is the pick. Palmer of 2005 was clearly better, however, Palmer today is not.

You listed numbers of Deltha Oneal in the regular season correct? You are using those numbers to act like Oneal is better than Leon because he had more interceptions. So since Dalton had very similar numbers as Brady in those years, that means by your thinking Dalton would have won Super Bowls too if he played on that team right? I mean since stats is what shows if someone is better or not. Even though like in the Oneal case you fail to remember how bad he was in coverage when he wasn't able to get a pick.

 

As for Dalton and the Brees thing I am still waiting for you to show me where I said Dalton is as good as Brees. I will be waiting for awhile because I have never said that. I have simply stated how they are very similar and people wouldn't have thought Brees would end up being what he is. So that is why it was to early for people to act like Dalton can't get better. But hey I mean your the king on here of making things up, and acting like people said things when they haven't. So keep doing what your doing, you have to keep your image going.

 

Actually you said Dalton was better than Brees, not as good as Brees. Anything else you'd like to remember?

 

BTW, no one ever said Dalton can't get better, what we have said was he better get better.....huge difference.

By the way Dalton is the pick. Palmer of 2005 was clearly better, however, Palmer today is not.

 

???? We are comparing this years team with 2005's team, not Carson of Today compared to Dalton of today.

 

Also I wouldn't say, especially after last nights performace, that Dalton is clearly better than Carson right now either.

  • Author
Actually you said Dalton was better than Brees, not as good as Brees. Anything else you'd like to remember?

 

BTW, no one ever said Dalton can't get better, what we have said was he better get better.....huge difference.

 

If I said that please find that for me? Now I did say Dalton was better than Brees in Brees first two years starting, and that is a fact and I even showed you your precious stats on that. People after Brees first 3 years in the NFL didn't think Brees was a starter in the NFL and his own team that drafted him didn't think so either and so they drafted a new QB. Then he finally turned it on after they drafted Rivers. So if Brees who people had the same complaints about in his abilities back then was able to get it turned around, then it shows how it was to early to give up on Dalton. Now I have even said Dalton obviously probably will not end up being a future hall of famer like him, but could possibly end up being a top 10 QB one day. I mean if I did say something other than that and said Dalton will be better or is better than Brees please go back and find it and share the link to that please so you can show me. I feel like you would have a hard time finding that, since it has never been said unless maybe in your head which gets back to those made up statements of yours we use to talk about.

 

Which by the way plenty of people on here have said that they don't see much room for improvement on here and how he will always be average at best. Hence how this whole subject got started and why I brought up the whole Brees thing getting better. So nice try again again on that man. Please post true statements, lets not get back into the false stuff you use to do.

  • Author
???? We are comparing this years team with 2005's team, not Carson of Today compared to Dalton of today.

 

Also I wouldn't say, especially after last nights performace, that Dalton is clearly better than Carson right now either.

 

Actually your the only one comparing which team you thought was better and had a better chance to make a run. My whole comparison was that this is the most talented TEAM since the 80's. You have made it into which team was better and had a better chance to make a run. That is what I been trying to tell you, you have completely missed on what my original statement was, and just look really bad doing so. Because the overall talent on this team like I said is better than 2005. Hence the words overall talent and team.

Actually your the only one comparing which team you thought was better and had a better chance to make a run. My whole comparison was that this is the most talented TEAM since the 80's. You have made it into which team was better and had a better chance to make a run. That is what I been trying to tell you, you have completely missed on what my original statement was, and just look really bad doing so. Because the overall talent on this team like I said is better than 2005. Hence the words overall talent and team.

Actually you can't even keep up with the conversation. You even said here you said they were the most talented since the 80's. That my friend is a comparison in case you didn't know what that meant. I said this team wasn't the most talented since the 80's by pointing out the 2005 team was more talented. So again, and I do mean AGAIN you are the one looking bad.

  • Author
Actually you can't even keep up with the conversation. You even said here you said they were the most talented since the 80's. That my friend is a comparison in case you didn't know what that meant. I said this team wasn't the most talented since the 80's by pointing out the 2005 team was more talented. So again, and I do mean AGAIN you are the one looking bad.

 

I am not looking bad at all when I am still waiting for you to tell me how that 2005 team was a more talented team. You listed a few starters here and there but you conveniently never want to mention the depth or lack there of on the 2005 team. That 2005 team did have some talent and an explosive offense that I loved. However as an overall team from top to bottom including backups because backups are part of a team. The 2005 team is and was not as talented. Shoot you never even heard people talk about the talented depth they had on that team and yet that's all most football people talk about when it comes to this year's team is how much talent there is. The only thing that could hold them back is Andy if he doesn't improve because Palmer was amazing back then. However still does not make 2005 a more overall talented team. Which I will always love that 2005 team though.

  • Author

Another national media guy today on Nfl live today talked about how talented the Bengals are. Mark s even said today he believes the Bengals are the most talented team in the league. I guess someone needs to tell him to stop wearing the Bengal Orange shades even though he is not a Bengal fan. Because apparently the ones who think that are not realistic.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.