Brossart 68 Lee Co. 49

Good win for Brossart they defeated a very good Lee County team. It seemed to me that Lee County did not run any types of offense. Fetters seem to start the game hot but was later taken out of the offense the rest of the game. Tyler Rich never was a factor, at the start of the 3rd quarter Rich started off well with 4 quick points but the ball seemed to go away from him. Kenny Brandenburg seemed to take several ill advised shots and tried to carry Lee on his shoulders. Lee is a good team but team is the word. When everyone plays together they are as good as any team in the mountains.

But you must give credit for Brossert they have a good team and a physical team.

I agree, all the credit and hats off to Brossart for taking Lee out of their typical offense. Lee simply did not play well, but that should rightfully be attributed to Brossarts defense. My 'cats got beat pure and simple. However, I think this will be a learning experience, and I don't think this in any way signals the end of the great play we've seen from Lee County. One loss (just as one win) no matter how big or small, doesn't make a season.

Best of luck to the Mustangs who are a great team and deserve much kudos for their victory!

While I'm sure today will be spent licking our wonds, the Bobcats can't afford to lay around too long. We gotta play a big game on Monday against a great Estill team.

Good win for Brossart they defeated a very good Lee County team. It seemed to me that Lee County did not run any types of offense. Fetters seem to start the game hot but was later taken out of the offense the rest of the game. Tyler Rich never was a factor, at the start of the 3rd quarter Rich started off well with 4 quick points but the ball seemed to go away from him. Kenny Brandenburg seemed to take several ill advised shots and tried to carry Lee on his shoulders. Lee is a good team but team is the word. When everyone plays together they are as good as any team in the mountains.

But you must give credit for Brossert they have a good team and a physical team.

It was funny we talked about that on the way home - it seems we have nights where one or two players will shine while others play decently, but whenever one player has an off night, it seems everyone else has an off night as well. But that's what makes basketball basketball.

Brossart is strong in the post with 4 or 5 guys they run at you. Well coached and I diidn't see anyone yesterday that could handle them in Richmond. I am a little surprised that Lee didn't make a better showing but were simply outmatched in the post. I heard on the radio as I was leaving the parking lot that Rich only had 1 rebound. You can't win any tourney like that. Fetters looked good, Brandenburg as always was steady, and the twins played hard.Lee was just simply outgunned. Congrats to the Mustangs and good luck. We are still proud of Lee and hope they continue to make a habit of playing in Richmond in future years.

:thumb:

Brossart was just to much in the post for Lee to handle. Brossart killed Lee on the offensive glass!!!

Lee County's players gave it all they had, but they simply ran up against a Brossart team that had too many 6'5 kids, too much depth, and too much All 'A' tournament experience (4 straight trips). Brossart is getting better as the season progresses as well, losing by 20 to highly ranked Pendleton County early in the season, but playing within 5 points of them a couple of weeks ago.

Lee County's crowd was great! It was a sea of blue "BOBCAT PRIDE" shirts from the inzone and stretching halfway around the gym. They had, imo, double the fan support of any team in the tournament yesterday. The Cat fans are certainly a very loyal bunch, and will be following these boys right up through the March tournaments.