Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Travelers Qualify for Peach Jam

Featured Replies

The Travelers Basketball Club has qualified for Peach Jam. We earned one of the automatic bids based on our top 5 finish in division play.

 

The Peach Jam will be held July 10-14 in North Augusta, SC. It is easily the top event in summer basketball.

 

Pools will be posted soon. Each team will play at least 5 games, with the top 2 teams in each pool moving in the bracket play (quarterfinals).

 

Pool listings and schedule will be available at Nike EYBL.

 

Also, the Travelers will be featured soon as part of "The Circuit" video series, which focuses exclusively on the EYBL. The series is available on YouTube.

 

The 24 teams who qualified for Peach Jam are listed below:

 

Division A

Indy Spiece

Oakland Soldiers

St. Louis Eagles

Jackson Tigers

California Supreme

 

Division B

CP3 All-Stars

Team Penny

New York Lightning

Boo Williams

Team Texas Elite

 

Division C

Team Takeover

Houston Hoops

Expressions Elite

Meanstreets

MoKan Elite

 

Division D

E1T1

Howard Pulley Panthers

Mac Irvin Fire

All-Ohio Red

Travelers Basketball

 

Wild Cards

Team Final

BABC

Team Scan

Texas Titans

Not bad for a team who one poster said would be lucky to win 5 games.

(Won't say any names but you know who you are lol just a friendly shot at ya.)

 

Glad to see the Travelers have success and be rewarded for their hard work. The coaching staff and players are great people and I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to cover them and get to know all those involved with the program.

 

This is just the first of many big things to come for that program since relocating to KY.

Congratulations and good luck. Makes that move from Tennessee to Kentucky worhtwhile and the right move to make.

 

 

Now stay here.:thumb:

Edited by PurplePride92

Not bad for a team who one poster said would be lucky to win 5 games.

(Won't say any names but you know who you are lol just a friendly shot at ya.)

 

Glad to see the Travelers have success and be rewarded for their hard work. The coaching staff and players are great people and I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to cover them and get to know all those involved with the program.

 

This is just the first of many big things to come for that program since relocating to KY.

 

 

Could you possibly tell me the thought process regarding the rotation?

The Travelers Basketball Club has qualified for Peach Jam. We earned one of the automatic bids based on our top 5 finish in division play.

 

The Peach Jam will be held July 10-14 in North Augusta, SC. It is easily the top event in summer basketball.

 

Pools will be posted soon. Each team will play at least 5 games, with the top 2 teams in each pool moving in the bracket play (quarterfinals).

 

Pool listings and schedule will be available at Nike EYBL.

 

Also, the Travelers will be featured soon as part of "The Circuit" video series, which focuses exclusively on the EYBL. The series is available on YouTube.

 

The 24 teams who qualified for Peach Jam are listed below:

 

Division A

Indy Spiece

Oakland Soldiers

St. Louis Eagles

Jackson Tigers

California Supreme

 

Division B

CP3 All-Stars

Team Penny

New York Lightning

Boo Williams

Team Texas Elite

 

Division C

Team Takeover

Houston Hoops

Expressions Elite

Meanstreets

MoKan Elite

 

Division D

E1T1

Howard Pulley Panthers

Mac Irvin Fire

All-Ohio Red

Travelers Basketball

 

Wild Cards

Team Final

BABC

Team Scan

Texas Titans

 

What age division is this? I know that King James 16U will be there. They have Luke Kennard, and I have been following him since he was in the 8th grade.

What age division is this? I know that King James 16U will be there. They have Luke Kennard, and I have been following him since he was in the 8th grade.

 

17u

  • Author

We plan on being in Kentucky a long time. The love for high school basketball in Kentucky is something special, and we've been fortunate to have met so many good people and work with many talented young players.

 

We feel very blessed to be in Kentucky and we look forward to many more good years in the EYBL.

We plan on being in Kentucky a long time. The love for high school basketball in Kentucky is something special, and we've been fortunate to have met so many good people and work with many talented young players.

 

We feel very blessed to be in Kentucky and we look forward to many more good years in the EYBL.

 

Could you shed some light on the rotation situation?

Could you shed some light on the rotation situation?

 

Not trying to answer for Traveler Tradition, but I think I know why you're asking...and with respect, as long as the team is winning, I don't think it matters.

 

In the EYBL, it's all about match ups. Rarely do you see a kid on the Travelers play more than 25 mins in a game. You might see someone play 20+ mins one game, and 10 or 11 the following.

 

David McFarland and I had a similar conversation yesterday regarding match ups and how important they are to winning at the high school level. He would play 40 mins in a game at NKU and only 15 the following. Team success brings more individual exposure.

Not trying to answer for Traveler Tradition, but I think I know why you're asking...and with respect, as long as the team is winning, I don't think it matters.

 

In the EYBL, it's all about match ups. Rarely do you see a kid on the Travelers play more than 25 mins in a game. You might see someone play 20+ mins one game, and 10 or 11 the following.

 

David McFarland and I had a similar conversation yesterday regarding match ups and how important they are to winning at the high school level. He would play 40 mins in a game at NKU and only 15 the following. Team success brings more individual exposure.

 

Not necessarily asking because of what you think. But thanks for the response.

Will drew McDonald play at all with the 17s group?

 

Good for the Travelers to make the peach jam! Anyone with press credentials going to the event?

Will drew McDonald play at all with the 17s group?

 

Good for the Travelers to make the peach jam! Anyone with press credentials going to the event?

 

I think with Jackson Davis now healthy, that ends any chance of Drew moving up.

 

And yea I'll be making the trip for the Peach Jam. I was in awe at Boo Williams...can't even begin to imagine what the Peach Jam is going to be like. Have already submitted for my media credentials.I'd guess Gametime will be there somewhere too and maybe Wireman?

I think with Jackson Davis now healthy, that ends any chance of Drew moving up.

 

And yea I'll be making the trip for the Peach Jam. I was in awe at Boo Williams...can't even begin to imagine what the Peach Jam is going to be like. Have already submitted for my media credentials.I'd guess Gametime will be there somewhere too and maybe Wireman?

 

Thanks for the info. And, great news, I know you'll keep us updated!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.