Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 13 Newport 1

Featured Replies

I was not there, but heard the Dirty Birds came ready to play by putting 12 on the board in the 1st inning. Lots of big hits, but a HR from SO Ramey in his 2nd AB of the inning may have been the biggest. Heard it was a laser beam to dead CF.

 

Glad they got it done quickly in 5 innings because apparently the heavy rains came shortly after the teams shook hands.

 

Nice win for SO Martin on the bump.

 

Go Birds! Beat NewCath!

So is it safe to say it wasn't aided by the wind. Heard it was really really windy at some ball parks yesterday. Just sayin!

 

Go Birds! #beatbreds

So is it safe to say it wasn't aided by the wind. Heard it was really really windy at some ball parks yesterday. Just sayin!Go Birds! #beatbreds
:lol2:

 

Definitely not wind aided..........Ramey needs no wind help.......

I'm sure this will come off as extremely nasty and it's genuinely not meant to be . . . . . but when is the last time that Newport was meaningfully competitive? I know they advanced to the regional tourney a couple years ago, but it was primarily due to a beneficial blind seed draw. Since I've been following high school ball, I don't think Newport has had more than 6 or 7 wins in any season and has simply not been all that competitive. How far back does one have to go to find their last winning season or when they were considered the strongest team (or one of the top two) in their district? Why are they unable to put together a winning program (I honestly have no idea)?

:lol2:

 

Definitely not wind aided..........Ramey needs no wind help.......

 

If they were playing CCH and he was hitting against CCH's ace, thats the only way Ramey could have hit one out (wind aided). Oh I'm sorry that would be TOG;s IMHO. Great job Todd keep it up.

So is it safe to say it wasn't aided by the wind. Heard it was really really windy at some ball parks yesterday. Just sayin!

 

Go Birds! #beatbreds

 

 

It was a line drive that went out in a hurry.. It might of cleared the fence by 6 inches..

I'm sure this will come off as extremely nasty and it's genuinely not meant to be . . . . . but when is the last time that Newport was meaningfully competitive? I know they advanced to the regional tourney a couple years ago, but it was primarily due to a beneficial blind seed draw. Since I've been following high school ball, I don't think Newport has had more than 6 or 7 wins in any season and has simply not been all that competitive. How far back does one have to go to find their last winning season or when they were considered the strongest team (or one of the top two) in their district? Why are they unable to put together a winning program (I honestly have no idea)?

 

Two years ago they only made it because of the blind draw? They were the 2nd best team in the district that year, and beat Highlands in the regular season that year. They might have even 10 run ruled them, I can't remember. So just two years ago when they made the region it was not just because of a blind draw luck.

 

Not to mention ask CovCath in that regional tournament how they felt about that Newport team. It was 0 to 0 going into the 5th with CovCath eventually winning only 3 to 0 with Newport I believe out hitting them that day but just couldn't get the big hits when needed. I even remember hearing CovCath's coach talk after the game to someone from Newport saying how they scared them to death and brought back nightmares of their lost to Ludlow in the first round of the district in 2004. I just remember that game easily because I watched every regional game that year and love rooting for the underdogs and wanted to see that upset haha.

 

So to answer yes it was just two years ago when they were pretty competitive.

Two years ago they only made it because of the blind draw? They were the 2nd best team in the district that year, and beat Highlands in the regular season that year. They might have even 10 run ruled them, I can't remember. So just two years ago when they made the region it was not just because of a blind draw luck.

 

Not to mention ask CovCath in that regional tournament how they felt about that Newport team. It was 0 to 0 going into the 5th with CovCath eventually winning only 3 to 0 with Newport I believe out hitting them that day but just couldn't get the big hits when needed. I even remember hearing CovCath's coach talk after the game to someone from Newport saying how they scared them to death and brought back nightmares of their lost to Ludlow in the first round of the district in 2004. I just remember that game easily because I watched every regional game that year and love rooting for the underdogs and wanted to see that upset haha.

 

So to answer yes it was just two years ago when they were pretty competitive.

 

Two years ago Newport was 7-16. Their wins were against Villa, St. Henry, Dayton (2x), Bellevue (2x), and a 6-29 Highlands team that lost their last 18 of 20 games. Highlands was not a good team that year. I remember them from that season.

 

That's great that Newport played CCH fairly close in the tournament that year, but one game doesn't define a team as being competitive overall. Newport did not have a good season two years ago by typical "competitive" standards.

Newport is one of those schools I just look at and shake my head. They seem to have talent some years but for some reason or another they can't win. They have a joke of an administration too. Maybe it was like this at the rest of the districts, but Newport didn't even order all district trophies this year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.