Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 7 Ryle 3

Featured Replies

Nice way to finish up before tourney time..

Nice way to finish up before tourney time..

 

Good showing by the Birds. Hitting and pitching both were present today. Defense would have been had the 25 minutes of rain stayed away. Birds prove once again they can play with anyone when they show up. Hopefully the next two weeks lead to a regional title!

  • Author

Who pitched for the Birds?

Who pitched for the Birds?

 

Mitchell Jones 3 IP

Joey Cochran 3 IP

Jake Liggett 1 IP

I saw Cochran and a few buddies after the game at Culvers.

 

Seeing a group of players after a big win, eating burgers, and hanging with buddies made me smile. Good memories.

I wouldn't read too much into this. Ryle threw several different pitchers to stay sharp for Districts and really not much to play for in this game.

I wouldn't read too much into this. Ryle threw several different pitchers to stay sharp for Districts and really not much to play for in this game.

 

I would have to agree with this. Ryle threw quite a few pitchers including CF Thomas Baumann who hasn't thrown a pitch in a game situation all year. I think Coach Roesel was just trying to keep some arms loose going into tournament time. Now I will say I was a little disappointed in the hitting performance or lack thereof. Ryle is a much better offensive team than what they demonstrated in this game. Highlands on the other hand seemed to find all the holes and demonstrated a much better hitting performance. I don't have the stats at hand but would guess the number of hits to be VERY lopsided in favor of the Birds.

  • Author

Heard Soph Ramey had a couple nice shots yesterday..

Heard Soph Ramey had a couple nice shots yesterday..

4 at bats. 4 times he squared it up. He's locked in. In 2 months he's transformed from a good jv player to (IMO) one of the best hitters in the 9th region. Great kid too.

Soph Mitch Jones was impressive. Good mound presence, nice pickoff move, and threw with confidence. Birds came to win and did. Birds hit the ball very well. Highlands is getting hot at tourney time, they should have a nice run.

  • Author
4 at bats. 4 times he squared it up. He's locked in. In 2 months he's transformed from a good jv player to (IMO) one of the best hitters in the 9th region. Great kid too.

 

Great kid who I could see playing at the next level if he keeps working hard..:thumb:

I wouldn't read too much into this. Ryle threw several different pitchers to stay sharp for Districts and really not much to play for in this game.

 

I would have to agree with this. Ryle threw quite a few pitchers including CF Thomas Baumann who hasn't thrown a pitch in a game situation all year. I think Coach Roesel was just trying to keep some arms loose going into tournament time. Now I will say I was a little disappointed in the hitting performance or lack thereof. Ryle is a much better offensive team than what they demonstrated in this game. Highlands on the other hand seemed to find all the holes and demonstrated a much better hitting performance. I don't have the stats at hand but would guess the number of hits to be VERY lopsided in favor of the Birds.

 

Well this makes sense now. I mean just the other day, people were saying that HHS was on the down swing going into the tourney. With this win, albeit not a good win according to these two post, might, just might build some confidence going into Districts and Regionals for the Birds. Now Ryle on the other hand, I don;t know much about them. Other than they seemed to be the top dog in NKY this year. So I will take the win anytime. Go Birds and lets finish it this year!

I would have to agree with this. Ryle threw quite a few pitchers including CF Thomas Baumann who hasn't thrown a pitch in a game situation all year. I think Coach Roesel was just trying to keep some arms loose going into tournament time. Now I will say I was a little disappointed in the hitting performance or lack thereof. Ryle is a much better offensive team than what they demonstrated in this game. Highlands on the other hand seemed to find all the holes and demonstrated a much better hitting performance. I don't have the stats at hand but would guess the number of hits to be VERY lopsided in favor of the Birds.

 

Ryle players may not have wanted to win, but I can tell you Coach Rosel wanted to win. It was very evident.

Ryle players may not have wanted to win, but I can tell you Coach Rosel wanted to win. It was very evident.

 

I'm sure he wanted to win, but not to the extent he wants to win Monday night. That is when all the cards will be laid out.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.