Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 7 Ryle 3

Featured Replies

Interesting game with both teams looking to tune up for Districts.

 

On the Ryle defensive side, makes sense that they don't use any arms they plan to use in the tourney. For HHS, no game until WED at the earliest, so makes sense to use top 2 starters for reasonable # of innings / pitches and their primary reliever for an inning to stay sharp.

 

As to the offensive side, no reason for either team to hold back here. Not sure if Ryle held any usual starters out, but Birds pitching held them in check. 3 unearned runs in the B6 for Ryle as the rains came down.

 

Ramey did hit the ball hard on each occasion. Others did as well.

 

Good luck to both teams in the Districts.

Nice win for the Dirty Birds, but RTB on Wed.!

Ryle players may not have wanted to win, but I can tell you Coach Rosel wanted to win. It was very evident.

 

I don't want to come off sounding like Ryle wasn't looking for a win, I'm just saying I don't think they didn't put their best foot forward. IMO this is evident in the manner in which Ryle mixed up the pitching to the degree they did. Now, another member pegged it when they said this doesn't excuse Ryle's offensive hitting performance. As I stated in a previous post, I was disappointed in Ryle's hitting. There was more than one kid to go down looking at a third strike. I also seem to remember Ryle having a runner on third with one or less outs and yet the runner was left stranded. Overall, Ryle's offense looked flat to me. These kinds of situations certainly don't help put a W in the win/loss column. I'm quite sure Coach Roesel wanted a win and I'm quite sure the players did too. But I think they all realize the importance of beating HHS in the last regular season game versus beating Cooper at Conner on Monday night. But understand this, HHS played a very good game. Their offensive performance was very good as was their pitching and overall defensive performance. You certainly can't discount momentum, epsecially going into post season play. I for one would have rather seen a the W in Ryle's W/L column but am not so upset to think that the loss will prevent the team from going the distance. Go Raiders!!

Nice win for the Dirty Birds, but RTB on Wed.!

 

Sorry what does RTB mean?

Sorry what does RTB mean?

 

"Ring the Bell":rolleyes:

 

I just don't get it either. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

"Ring the Bell":rolleyes:

 

I just don't get it either. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

 

It's been sort of a "rallying cry" since the team started getting together back in JAN. I think Coach Baioni wants them fighting from the sound of the bell. They even have an old bell from a boxing ring that they travel with and ring on occasion to "rally the troops." #RTB

Ryle players may not have wanted to win, but I can tell you Coach Rosel wanted to win. It was very evident.

 

I would like to be around for the game Coach Roesel doesn't want to win. :lol2: Don't think it's possible.

I would like to be around for the game Coach Roesel doesn't want to win. :lol2: Don't think it's possible.

 

 

Probably be a very "cold" day...if you know what I mean.

Has anyone ever played a game and didn't want to win or does this only happen at Ryle?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.