Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

“He hates the Steelers now, and that’s somebody we need on our side,”...

Featured Replies

  • Author
I'd be leary of him in the middle of the defense. Not remotely as a run stopper, because he can do that as well as anyone in the league. I'd be afraid he's gonna end up iso'd on a RB or TE on the seam, he can't do that any longer. Frankly, he never was outstanding at it.

 

I hear you.

 

I wonder if the Bengals will end up signing Dansby and passing on Harrison? Or passing on both.

I would think he would play SAM and rush the passer a lot. This has been a weakness of the Bengals.

 

So they'll finally bench Rey? There's no way they'll put him back in the middle, correct?

He will instantly be the strongest guy on the roster.

If you're bored, check his workouts on youtube. He's a freak.

 

Not doubting that, but now you have a 3-4 undersized OLB moving to the SAM where he'll have more coverage responsibility then pass rushing. Like him covering the flats or the hook zone w/out the zone blitz scheme to give an element of surprise? I don't

Not doubting that, but now you have a 3-4 undersized OLB moving to the SAM where he'll have more coverage responsibility then pass rushing. Like him covering the flats or the hook zone w/out the zone blitz scheme to give an element of surprise? I don't

Mex,I totally agree with you.

I hear you.

 

I wonder if the Bengals will end up signing Dansby and passing on Harrison? Or passing on both.

I don't know where they stand on Dansby, but I think he fits you better, IMO.
  • Author
So they'll finally bench Rey? There's no way they'll put him back in the middle, correct?

 

Marvin went on record recently saying Rey was staying in the middle.

  • Author

aa0240f572e6e053470562de9deedbbc_normal.jpegIan Rapoport

✔ @RapSheet

 

While talks with James Harrison/#Bengals have broken off, the team remains interested in Karlos Dansby. Nothing has ramped up yet tho

I don't know where they stand on Dansby, but I think he fits you better, IMO.

 

Completely agree. I have made it known from the beginning I didn't like the thought of Harrison coming here because I just don't see it fitting well. I think Dansby would be the better fit.

 

I will see this I would be intrigued on seeing how it went with Harrison if they did sign him though. However as a football move I don't think it would improve the team like it would if they got Dansby.

Marvin went on record recently saying Rey was staying in the middle.

 

Mediocrity equals job security, I guess.

  • Author
Mediocrity equals job security, I guess.

 

Not sure. I think it was a combination of the Bengals being very weak at LB and Rey being about as good as any free agents. I think signing him was a stop gap for 2013. Additionally, everyone including the NFL Network was reporting Rey would move to SAM until someone finally asked Marvin about it. Here is the link to the old thread where Marvin says Rey Rey is staying put:

 

http://bluegrasspreps.com/national-football-league/bengals-coaches-want-251069.html#post4632972

Not sure. I think it was a combination of the Bengals being very weak at LB and Rey being about as good as any free agents. I think signing him was a stop gap for 2013. Additionally, everyone including the NFL Network was reporting Rey would move to SAM until someone finally asked Marvin about it. Here is the link to the old thread where Marvin says Rey Rey is staying put:

 

http://bluegrasspreps.com/national-football-league/bengals-coaches-want-251069.html#post4632972

 

Stop gap or not, the Bengals have a major issue when Rey is at MLB. He's slow, is very limited instinctively, and not smart enough to diagnose pre-snap. Are they afraid that Burflict isn't ready to assume that much responsibility? I just hope that Rey is not a starter. If he is, we waste another year of supreme DL play b/c he's a huge liability in the middle zone and especially man-to-man. Not to mention what he doesn't bring agains the run.

  • Author
Stop gap or not, the Bengals have a major issue when Rey is at MLB. He's slow, is very limited instinctively, and not smart enough to diagnose pre-snap. Are they afraid that Burflict isn't ready to assume that much responsibility? I just hope that Rey is not a starter. If he is, we waste another year of supreme DL play b/c he's a huge liability in the middle zone and especially man-to-man. Not to mention what he doesn't bring agains the run.

 

Reading between the lines I hear Marvin saying we know we had problems with our LBs as a group in 2012, we are working on that for 2013, Rey isn't perfect but we are going to surround him with better talent and therefore put him in a position to succeed more in 2013.

 

^ I call that Marvin-Aid.

Not sure. I think it was a combination of the Bengals being very weak at LB and Rey being about as good as any free agents. I think signing him was a stop gap for 2013. Additionally, everyone including the NFL Network was reporting Rey would move to SAM until someone finally asked Marvin about it. Here is the link to the old thread where Marvin says Rey Rey is staying put:

 

http://bluegrasspreps.com/national-football-league/bengals-coaches-want-251069.html#post4632972

 

I know he did say Rey is not moving. However Marvin has also shown that he does not like to tip his and in any direction when it comes to changes. I would not be surprised at all if they signed Dansby that they move Rey to the Sam and Dansby in the middle. Even though Marvin did say he is not moving him, part of me thinks that could easily change based on who they sign and draft.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.