Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shining Stars/Jaguars Question

Featured Replies

Does anyone have access to schedules of when and where these 2 teams play? I was hoping to take in a few of their games during the AAU season.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will be posting our rosters and schedules by the end of the week on our website. Each team is working on finalizing rosters and schedules. Shining Star Sports Home Page

  • Author
We will be posting our rosters and schedules by the end of the week on our website. Each team is working on finalizing rosters and schedules. Shining Star Sports Home Page

 

:thumb:Thanks.. I'll be looking for them.

:thumb:Thanks.. I'll be looking for them.

 

I thought the best players in the state are playing on Kentucky Premier. When will they post their rosters?

I thought the best players in the state are playing on Kentucky Premier. When will they post their rosters?
That's a very misinformed statement. Look at the Rosters for both these of these organizations and you will see many of the best players in the state at their grade level.
That's a very misinformed statement. Look at the Rosters for both these of these organizations and you will see many of the best players in the state at their grade level.

 

I think it's fair to say that most of the top players in Kentucky play for Kentucky Premier....and it seems like that ones that play other places when they are younger, end up switching over by the time they are older.

Some players have been invited to play for the Kentucky Premier but have chosen to play for other teams.

People play on AAU teams for different reasons. Exposure, skill improvement, etc. some people are just trying to get better for their high school team and don't want to play at the next level. But like them are not, if I am a sophomore or junior and i am invited to play for Kentucky Premier, I would play for them if I want to play at the next level. Simply put, college coaches like the organization and show up to watch them at exposure events. My daughter played for many AAU teams, several that I liked better than Premier, but no team brought college coaches like the Premier. And her college coach still talks about going to scout the Premier teams, so you have to give them credit for accomplishing that kind of excitement for Kentucky players.

We do our best to help kids get exposure. In order to do that you have to win games and evaluate where a kid can play. We have a very good record with College coaches with players that perform at the next level. While we do invite some players that decide to play with other organizations, we get calls on those same kids from the colleges and help them also. As a matter of fact we are helping several kids right now that did not play for our organization get scholarships. We compete at the top tourneys and are the only Nike Elite Girls Travel team in Kentucky.

We will also be glad to throw it up with any AAU team anytime, anywhere.......:thumb:as a matter of fact we will be playing at the Nike Midwest Showdown in Mason Ohio Memorial Day weekend. Shining Stars should come on up and request Kentucky Premier first game.....

I am not sure why this thread has taken the route of putting Shining Star Sports and Kentucky Premier up against each other. I run the Shining Star Sports girls program and have a great deal of respect for the Kentucky Premier program. They have been in the business of AAU basketball for a long time and they do it the right way and have built one of the top AAU programs in the country.

 

Every player has to find a program that they feel comfortable with. Both programs have a number of very talented young ladies.

 

The Shining Star Sports program will continue to work hard for every girl that enters the program. We have had a lot of success in the last couple of years and will continue to work hard to improve every year. We feel very good about the level of talent in our program and will continue to work hard to build strong teams that can compete at a high level.

 

I wish all of the players in the state of Kentucky the best of luck this AAU season!

We will also be glad to throw it up with any AAU team anytime, anywhere.......:thumb:as a matter of fact we will be playing at the Nike Midwest Showdown in Mason Ohio Memorial Day weekend. Shining Stars should come on up and request Kentucky Premier first game.....

 

Now that sounds "exactly" like an AAU coach. Congrats on what you've obviously built, but be a little more humble! Good lord dude!

Maybe not the correct response but I was having a bad day yesterday. It happens. I agree with what was said above. Should never let people get under my skin. I had just got through making about 10 calls for a player that never played with us and their coach( Not Shining Stars) had not helped them at all. Im sure budman will tell you this is sometimes a thankless job and I got upset. Im a big boy and can say I should have came across differently.

Hey bigzig, the shining stars 10th grade team win the bearcat classic and the butler county aau super regional. That team has girls from ncc, highlands, grant, Augusta, and a few from Ohio.

NKY Jags play in Lexington at KBA this coming weekend. Team consist of Boone, Walton Verona, and Conner girls.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.