Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Catholic 7/Big East

Featured Replies

Never said they would. Never in play for a lot of reasons. You must not being paying attention though. The B1G is calling all the shots at this point. Once they make another move, a reaction ripple occurs. It isn't hard to read the tea leaves...

 

Clearly I'm not paying attention. Obviously I have no idea what is going on.

 

Hope for UC your tea leaves are right and they get a chance to join the ACC. I'll take the under though on their league in 2014....meaning a lesser league than the ACC. You are clearly extremely close to the program, so your genuine confidence speaks volumes.

 

What do I know....

  • Replies 41
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clearly I'm not paying attention. Obviously I have no idea what is going on.

 

Hope for UC your tea leaves are right and they get a chance to join the ACC. I'll take the under though on their league in 2014....meaning a lesser league than the ACC. You are clearly extremely close to the program, so your genuine confidence speaks volumes.

 

What do I know....

 

It really has nothing to do with my contacts at UC, but more to how this has gone down over the past 3 plus years. The Big 10 Network put them in ultimate control because it was no longer about who was actually watching and changed to how many basic cable packages could be added. They might as well be printing their own money at this point, and Delaney is running pretty much everything related to major conference realignment. There is pretty much zero chance they are done at 14 teams, and they wouldn't be opening an office on the east coast for Rutgers and Maryland. Once the MD lawsuit is settled things will shift again and with the Big East now finished the ACC is the next to be raided. In turn valuable programs and markets will be targeted to back fill. Rinse and repeat...

"Should we just go ahead and cancel the basketball program now or wait for the formalities?" - Dayton.

 

That's an exaggeration, but UD fans on Twitter and the message boards are hilariously downtrodden... or trying really hard to downplay the move. We all knew we weren't in line for this thing, but we're feeling a little down about it anyway. Just the latest disappointment on the gradual 30-year decline.

 

What's that? Another beer? Yeah! Great.

 

...what were we talking about?

"Should we just go ahead and cancel the basketball program now or wait for the formalities?" - Dayton.

 

That's an exaggeration, but UD fans on Twitter and the message boards are hilariously downtrodden... or trying really hard to downplay the move. We all knew we weren't in line for this thing, but we're feeling a little down about it anyway. Just the latest disappointment on the gradual 30-year decline.

 

What's that? Another beer? Yeah! Great.

 

...what were we talking about?

 

Again, as GT would quickly point out, I have no knowledge of any of this, but I believe Creighton, SLU and Dayton have a very good chance of being in the league starting in August of 2014. SLU is nearly a lock to be the 10th, and I believe they'll go to twelve and add Creighton and Dayton. Further, I believe that UD and XU will be put into different divisions when all is said and done, XU in the West (with Creighton, SLU, Butler, Marquette, and DePaul) and UD to the East (with Providence, St. John's, Georgetown, Villanova, and Seton Hall).

 

Stay tuned for Gametime to fill you in on what I'm wrong about.

Again, as GT would quickly point out, I have no knowledge of any of this, but I believe Creighton, SLU and Dayton have a very good chance of being in the league starting in August of 2014. SLU is nearly a lock to be the 10th, and I believe they'll go to twelve and add Creighton and Dayton. Further, I believe that UD and XU will be put into different divisions when all is said and done, XU in the West (with Creighton, SLU, Butler, Marquette, and DePaul) and UD to the East (with Providence, St. John's, Georgetown, Villanova, and Seton Hall).

 

Stay tuned for Gametime to fill you in on what I'm wrong about.

There is no need for "divisions" in hoops. That's a football deal for scheduling issues... :thumb:

So where does this leave UC in the short term?

 

With UConn, Memphis, Temple, USF and the rest of the misfit toys...

With UConn, Memphis, Temple, USF and the rest of the misfit toys...

 

Yuck.....UC better hope some more moves happen soon.

 

Is there any traction to the rumors that had been swirling that Clemson was pushing hard to go to the SEC?

Yuck.....UC better hope some more moves happen soon.

 

Is there any traction to the rumors that had been swirling that Clemson was pushing hard to go to the SEC?

I don't see the SEC making any moves yet but I'm sure Clemson would love to go...

There is no need for "divisions" in hoops. That's a football deal for scheduling issues... :thumb:

 

Let's just say I stand by my prediction that in 2014, with 12 teams, there will be two divisions. They'll play 16 games, home-and-home with the 5 in your division, and the other 6 just once.

 

I'm just spit-balling here....

Ok so what is the football conference next season going to be called if the Catholic Conference is the Big East for basketball..................My head is spinning.

Yuck.....UC better hope some more moves happen soon.

 

Is there any traction to the rumors that had been swirling that Clemson was pushing hard to go to the SEC?

 

Is there any chance South Carolina would want that to happen? I'm also not sure what Clemson brings to the SEC that they don't already have in USC.

Again, as GT would quickly point out, I have no knowledge of any of this, but I believe Creighton, SLU and Dayton have a very good chance of being in the league starting in August of 2014. SLU is nearly a lock to be the 10th, and I believe they'll go to twelve and add Creighton and Dayton. Further, I believe that UD and XU will be put into different divisions when all is said and done, XU in the West (with Creighton, SLU, Butler, Marquette, and DePaul) and UD to the East (with Providence, St. John's, Georgetown, Villanova, and Seton Hall).

 

Stay tuned for Gametime to fill you in on what I'm wrong about.

 

That's the hope we're holding on to at this point: that the new league would -- for some reason -- want to create equal blocks of East Coast teams and Midwest teams.

So I'm reading the football Big East for next year as Connecticut, Temple, Rutgers, Cincinnati, Louisville, Memphis, Houston, Southern Methodist, Central Florida and South Florida, correct? That isn't much of a football league, but there are some decent basketball clubs in that group. There just won't be much depth. I would imagine Cincinnati fans would be happy knowing UConn, Louisville, Memphis, and Temple are all coming to the Shoe next year.

That's the hope we're holding on to at this point: that the new league would -- for some reason -- want to create equal blocks of East Coast teams and Midwest teams.

 

That means nothing in basketball, but it could be a thought behind Olympic sports like baseball and softball. I know that isn't driving the bus, but this league isn't going to be swimming in money like the Big 10 or SEC, so cutting down on costs in the minor sports could be appealing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.