Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Catholic 7/Big East

Featured Replies

Sounds like the new "Catholic 7 + " league may actually start next season if X and Butler can sever ties with the A10.

 

It also sounds like they are going to earn $3M to $4M per year per school which seems like a great contract from Fox.

 

It also sounds like they are going to take the "Big East" name.

 

Confusion reigns.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The early exit buyout for the A10 is only 2 million, so I see nothing stopping X and Butler from moving now.

 

They aren't "taking" the Big East name, they are going to buy it. I highly doubt it is going to be cheap...

The early exit buyout for the A10 is only 2 million, so I see nothing stopping X and Butler from moving now.

 

They aren't "taking" the Big East name, they are going to buy it. I highly doubt it is going to be cheap...

 

The C7 are going to have leave behind a lot of credits to take that name. The MSG for the tourney will be an expensive piece too.

 

Credit to Mick already starting to circle the wagons. I chuckled at his line that recruits won't confuse the new league for that of Syracuse or Georgetown. A little preventive medicine against Xavier already.

 

I genuinely feel badly for Mick and UC hoops.

I genuinely feel badly for Mick and UC hoops.

 

I wouldn't. UC will be fine before too long. Just need the next round to get rolling again once the Maryland suit is taken care of.

 

Fun fact. Of the 9 teams in the new Big East 8 have been to the Final Four... :sssh:

  • Author
I wouldn't. UC will be fine before too long. Just need the next round to get rolling again once the Maryland suit is taken care of.

 

Fun fact. Of the 9 teams in the new Big East 8 have been to the Final Four... :sssh:

 

 

.and all have been to the Elite 8.

.and all have been to the Elite 8.

 

Yay Elite 8... :lol:

  • Author
Yay Elite 8... :lol:

 

So now Elite 8 is no big deal?

So now Elite 8 is no big deal?

 

When compared to a Final 4? Really? Name the Elite 8 from last year off the top of your head. The year before? It isn't even close to having that Final Four on the resume. I do remember the "Final Five" campaign. That was cute... :lol:

I wouldn't. UC will be fine before too long. Just need the next round to get rolling again once the Maryland suit is taken care of.

 

Fun fact. Of the 9 teams in the new Big East 8 have been to the Final Four... :sssh:

 

You appear to be connected at UC, so you should know well that the ACC will be a tough putt for them. They can't move their games to PBS because of terrible deal with Bengals, plus, even an expanded Nippert doesn't allow for tail-gating and college football experience. Not to mention, Varsity Village has them seeing red....they aren't in a great spot.

 

I don't get too caught up in Final Fours as a yard-stick of programs. No one thinks George Mason is a better program than NC State over the last 10 years, right? Plus, UC hasn't been in 20+ years, that is a generation ago.

 

Mick rebuilds the hoops program and watches football pay a new guy (good, not great, with few Midwest ties) an extra million AND carve him out of the Big East. I like Mick, a lot, and I feel badly for him.

You appear to be connected at UC, so you should know well that the ACC will be a tough putt for them. They can't move their games to PBS because of terrible deal with Bengals, plus, even an expanded Nippert doesn't allow for tail-gating and college football experience. Not to mention, Varsity Village has them seeing red....they aren't in a great spot.

 

I don't get too caught up in Final Fours as a yard-stick of programs. No one thinks George Mason is a better program than NC State over the last 10 years, right? Plus, UC hasn't been in 20+ years, that is a generation ago.

 

Mick rebuilds the hoops program and watches football pay a new guy (good, not great, with few Midwest ties) an extra million AND carve him out of the Big East. I like Mick, a lot, and I feel badly for him.

 

There is no need for PBS in the ACC. There is no Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio State and so on to cater to as the league is constructed. They aren't in a "great" spot at the moment, but with 18 million a year in TV revenue that the ACC is getting things would change in a hurry. Whit has put an emphasis on changing the tailgating situation, and there are several new situations being explored that would make things a lot better. UC and UConn are next in line for the ACC and if you think the B1G is going to sit still you are not paying attention to how all of this chaos has played out so far. UC will be fine in the very near future.

 

I was just trying to get Clizzy to bit on the fact X will be the only team in the new BE without a Final Four. For a life long X fan like himself he just can't help it. :lol:

 

Mick will be fine. Trust me on that one...

Respectfully, if you think UC ends up in the Big 10 than it isn't me who needs to pay attention.

 

Again, I like Mick, I'm sure he will be fine as you mention. I'd also add I think Babcock seems very capable and Ono is a rock star.

Respectfully, if you think UC ends up in the Big 10 than it isn't me who needs to pay attention.

 

Again, I like Mick, I'm sure he will be fine as you mention. I'd also add I think Babcock seems very capable and Ono is a rock star.

 

UC won't end up in the B1G.

 

Look for UNC and Georgia Tech to be the next teams pilfered from the ACC.

UC won't end up in the B1G.

 

Look for UNC and Georgia Tech to be the next teams pilfered from the ACC.

 

Put me in the category of NOT buying the possibility that the Heels ever leave the ACC. Ever.

Respectfully, if you think UC ends up in the Big 10 than it isn't me who needs to pay attention.

 

Again, I like Mick, I'm sure he will be fine as you mention. I'd also add I think Babcock seems very capable and Ono is a rock star.

 

Never said they would. Never in play for a lot of reasons. You must not being paying attention though. The B1G is calling all the shots at this point. Once they make another move, a reaction ripple occurs. It isn't hard to read the tea leaves...

Put me in the category of NOT buying the possibility that the Heels ever leave the ACC. Ever.

 

Delaney (UNC Alum) has them at the top of his list, and turning down the chance to double your money is never easy. That said, it is more likely GTech and UVa are the next in line and they are all but begging for a spot...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.