Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Murray State 106 Morehead State 100

Featured Replies

Final in double OT...

 

 

Not the most well played but probably the best game I've been to this season.

 

Murray STate was up 20 with 10:32 to go and Morehead was up 7 with 3 minutes to go in overtime. Somehow, they both gave up those leads and the Racers pulled it out.

 

At the end of regulation, Ed Daniel tipped it in and it was literally too close to call. Crowd starts screaming "overtime! overtime! overtime!" Refs huddle and rule it no good...that was a great moment.

Wish I could have seen that game!!!!!! Sounds like a great collegiate game and atmosphere.

  • Author

Here's how close it was:

 

Final in double OT...

 

 

Not the most well played but probably the best game I've been to this season.

 

Murray STate was up 20 with 10:32 to go and Morehead was up 7 with 3 minutes to go in overtime. Somehow, they both gave up those leads and the Racers pulled it out.

 

At the end of regulation, Ed Daniel tipped it in and it was literally too close to call. Crowd starts screaming "overtime! overtime! overtime!" Refs huddle and rule it no good...that was a great moment.

The backboard was red before the ball even cleared the rim for Ed to tap in the ball. I was shocked they ruled it good initially. Though your angle makes it look closer than it did on television.

 

Even though Murray squandered the 20 point lead, I thought it was huge for their psyche they were able to mentally fight through that and win the game. Murray State was able to build their lead by going inside and receiving continued good minutes from their Freshman class. C.J. Ford, Jeffery Moss, Zay Henderson, etc. When they commit to going in to the post, they are tough to beat. The future looks good for the Racers especially considering next year's class. Ed loves to pick up fouls, always has, but he is the catalyst for the team, not Canaan. If Ed is on, the Racers are on. Although it did seem that Sip appeared to have some kind of a breakthrough midway through the first OT.

 

Undeservingly Murray State now gets the double bye to the semi-finals of the OVC tournament, but I will take it.

  • Author

Daniel then put in this tip at the end of the first overtime to tie the game:

 

  • Author
The backboard was red before the ball even cleared the rim for Ed to tap in the ball. I was shocked they ruled it good initially. Though your angle makes it look closer than it did on television.

 

Even though Murray squandered the 20 point lead, I thought it was huge for their psyche they were able to mentally fight through that and win the game. Murray State was able to build their lead by going inside and receiving continued good minutes from their Freshman class. C.J. Ford, Jeffery Moss, Zay Henderson, etc. When they commit to going in to the post, they are tough to beat. The future looks good for the Racers especially considering next year's class. Ed loves to pick up fouls, always has, but he is the catalyst for the team, not Canaan. If Ed is on, the Racers are on. Although it did seem that Sip appeared to have some kind of a breakthrough midway through the first OT.

 

Undeservingly Murray State now gets the double bye to the semi-finals of the OVC tournament, but I will take it.

 

You think? haha

I really think Ed has a shot to play professionally. He impressed everyone last year at summer camps as much as Sip did. Seems like someone the Spurs would select in the second round.

  • Author
I really think Ed has a shot to play professionally. He impressed everyone last year at summer camps as much as Sip did. Seems like someone the Spurs would select in the second round.

 

He's going to be making some money soon, no question. He may or may not get a shot in the NBA. If not, he'll still make plenty overseas if he chooses to. Same for Canaan. Both are pros.

He's going to be making some money soon, no question. He may or may not get a shot in the NBA. If not, he'll still make plenty overseas if he chooses to. Same for Canaan. Both are pros.

 

I worry about Canaan at the next level. He is not a good ball handler nor the best passer in the world and not that great of an athlete. This season due to their youth he has been forced in to playing more minutes than anyone else in conference, so he is shouldering a huge load which has cut in to his shooting percentages. However, he is strong, can shoot under normal conditions, and is pretty heady. CP3 is always singing his praises since he beat him one-on-one last summer. The NBA game may suit him well. Last night when he was able to move off the ball he knocked down some open looks which he has always been able to do. Ford coming along at the right time.

Last night was Coach Prohm and his chapstick's 50th win.

  • Author
I worry about Canaan at the next level. He is not a good ball handler nor the best passer in the world and not that great of an athlete. This season due to their youth he has been forced in to playing more minutes than anyone else in conference, so he is shouldering a huge load which has cut in to his shooting percentages. However, he is strong, can shoot under normal conditions, and is pretty heady. CP3 is always singing his praises since he beat him one-on-one last summer. The NBA game may suit him well. Last night when he was able to move off the ball he knocked down some open looks which he has always been able to do. Ford coming along at the right time.

 

He walked by me last night and said he played 47 minutes. That's a day of work right there.

Being an alumni of Morehead State, I was embarrassed to take my wife (not a Morehead grad) and kids to the game last night.

We sat in Section D with some of the most uneducated basketball fans I've EVER been around. I actually apologized to my wife for their ignorance and I didn't even know the people! Yelling at the players (from both teams), the Coach from Murray and of course the officials. I know this happens everywhere, but the things that were said showed their ignorance of the game. Calling for things such as an "up and down".

Very bothersome and pretty much sealed the deal that I won't be going back to Ellis T. Johnson anytime soon.

How many were at the game? Was it a typical crowd?

Why didn't you move?

 

Well, we had moved twice already and with a 4 year old and a 1 year old and all their stuff, we were done moving.

I'm going to kind of contradict myself. It actually became somewhat comical to my wife and I. About every other statement this group of folks made, my wife and I would look at each other and chuckle.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.