NKY 1st baseman

JMU31

Maybe we shouldn't exclude the rest of our neighbors so feel free to chime in for all of NKY.

Again this is to promote all the girls so it doesn't have to be the best of the best to be mentioned.

Kristen Stanly, junior HC....Kristen has some pop in her bat and is alot of fun

I saw NDA 1st baseman last season a couple of times and she was hitting the ball really well.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we shouldn't exclude the rest of our neighbors so feel free to chime in for all of NKY.

Again this is to promote all the girls so it doesn't have to be the best of the best to be mentioned.

Kristen Stanly, junior HC....Kristen has some pop in her bat and is alot of fun

I saw NDA 1st baseman last season a couple of times and she was hitting the ball really well.

I would agree, Maria Schaefer can absolutely crush the ball and her glove is above average as well. :thumb:

Give us some more LB, who are some of the ones that stood out to you while you were doing a very fine job at keeping the book for NCC!

Well, the Breds lost to graduation 1st baseman Rachel Hardesty (.408, .470 OBP, 42 H, 30 R, 32 RBI), so we are in the process of grooming a replacement.

The two players already mentioned are "rock solid" and I think any team would be thrilled to have them on their squad.

Others in the mix:

McKell Oliverio (Ryle), she played some 1st base last year and we all know her credentials, a "gamer" for sure.

Molly Dietz (St. Henry), only a So. and some nice numbers at the plate last year .337 avg, 34H, 22R, 20RBI.

Carly Hebel (Highlands), she is a big target to throw to. RCC9 correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't she on the DL for a time last year?

Is there something special about the 1st base position. Just wondering why not the best all around softball player? I watched a bit of fastpitch last season so I am not the most informed fan in stands.

I think this will explain where these threads are going, I think it's a nice move started by JMU31.

The following is from the 9th Region Catchers thread:

Since Clyde started one about the pitchers lets go around the horn and rate every position, maybe we can do 1 or 2 a day. Also the pitchers get all the pub!!

A little twist so we get more players names out there, if you mention one from your team or school you have to mention one from another school that way more girls are being named.

.532 avg. 50H, 12doubles, 32R, 35 RBI. That's getting it done.

Great offensive stats but also remember Maria Greis did not have a fielding error last year! Only 3 throwing errors trying to throw out runners at home and 1 at 3rd. Also ended 3 games last year in the last inning with winning runs in scoring position by making a great glove play. She does "get it done".

Kristen Stanly at HC is also up at the top from what I saw.

Edited by Baller99
typo error

I would go with the following:

Schaefer - ND

Greis - Brossart

Hammes - Ryle

These would be my top three. Schaefer and Greis definitely the top two. I am not too familiar with the Stanley girl from HC but will plan to watch her some this season. Any others notable of mentioning?

I would go with the following:

Schaefer - ND

Greis - Brossart

Hammes - Ryle

These would be my top three. Schaefer and Greis definitely the top two. I am not too familiar with the Stanley girl from HC but will plan to watch her some this season. Any others notable of mentioning?

I am not saying the Stanley girl is near the top just plan mentioning girls that I am familer with.